PDA

View Full Version : up grades for a 250ex

jojohead
11-19-2006, 04:39 PM
what are some upgrades to get for a 250 ex for speed and performance...

deathman53
11-19-2006, 04:52 PM
performance: exhaust, cam, high compression piston, I think you can get bigger valves and powroll sells a cam/valve and rocker kit. You also can bore it to 80 over to acheive a true 250cc's

as for the speed: possible a higher revving cdi box, a bigger tires, there isn't much you can do.

I listed in the most practicle to if you want to waste money. Basically that bike is good for beginner riders, any money besides for a exhaust, nerf bars, better tires and can't forget better suspension is a huge waste of money. That bike was designed for a beginner rider, not to be modded very much, and has very limitied modification that can be done. In the speed department the only mods you can do are a higher revving box and bigger tires, as it has a shaft drive.
Instead of modifing the bike, sell it and buy a 400ex.

jojohead
11-19-2006, 05:30 PM
well i am a begginer at bigger quads i was riding 100cc and 90s

4TraxRider
11-19-2006, 05:52 PM
It's pretty true. Get some basic upgrades for it, pipe, nerfs tires and have fun on it for a few years. When you start riding it over it's ability then make a switch to something different. To each their own though, i've seen some nice 250ex's but it takes a lot of money to get them up to speed with many stock quads. It is always nice to have a personalized quad, especially when it's something not many people have.

250exkid
11-19-2006, 07:21 PM
hey man just modde it out like this, full exhuast,jets.K&N, and some tires and a bumer and skid plate and stuff, i was gonna buy a 400ex but yea its faster but stick with a modded 250ex and push it to the max every time u get but dont hurt your self. thats the only way to get your skill up to like a nice 400ex cause thats what im doing to minee right now and u shouldnt just jump to a 400ex and hurt your self . hope this helps!:blah: