PDA

View Full Version : Jimmie Johnson

JForestZ34
11-19-2006, 04:25 PM
Jimmie Johnson takes the championship. He deserved it this year. He worked his *** off.

James

chris75
11-19-2006, 04:27 PM
yea by far but i would of like to see denny win

honda350r
11-19-2006, 04:44 PM
WHOOPIE:rolleyes:

elementryder
11-19-2006, 05:30 PM
kensith should have won

i woulda really liked to see mark martin win

i hate jonhson he wrecks out so many people ..imo

nickmelll
11-19-2006, 05:37 PM
yea i love horse racing

jk:devil:

FreekShow
11-19-2006, 05:43 PM
Screw Johnson, hes an arrogant cocky little cheating prick.

trick250r
11-19-2006, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by FreekShow
Screw Johnson, hes an arrogant cocky little cheating prick.

thats how i feel... that and im a kenseth fan

NPelletier
11-19-2006, 06:21 PM
I HATE JIMMY!!!:grr: lol go JR, wish he woulda done a little better:macho

RaptorRacer45
11-19-2006, 06:24 PM
Im far from a Jimmie Johnson fan but he's worked extremely hard for it and has come up short so many times, im not 2 dissipointed over it, its still Nascar and theres always next year......Kyle and Bobby are comin!:D

HOMOJO
11-19-2006, 06:28 PM
at least some one in a chevy won not in gay ford or dodge:devil:

redlineranger
11-19-2006, 07:07 PM
jimmie johnson is a flamer. cant stand him, never have, never will, but i'll give him credit he can drive the wheels off a race car, and deserved the championship this year. of course im the big JR fan and wished he would've won today. IMO he had the best car, but that one lil pit mistake, and that very very outside line he was driving(as ol BP said on the broadcast) got him into the wall and cost him his chance.

anyways it was a weird year in Nascar and its finally over. i cant wait til next year. i really think 2007 is Dale Jr's year.

m4skinner
11-19-2006, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by redlineranger

i really think 2007 is Dale Jr's year.

What ever I think a year or so ago JR thought the same thing and it didn't happen.
JR is so over rated because his last name is Earnhardt not every Earnhardt is a champ just look at his brother Kerry.

honda400ex68b
11-19-2006, 08:17 PM
johnson knew he was going to win the championship long before now. there was a commercial about a month ago, "when johnson WAS NOT WINNING THE POINTS", with the championship trophy and johnson was the only one showed with the trophy, not 1 of the other 9 drivers was shown, just johnson. just a coincedence, maybe, maybe not, little fishy if you ask me.

stewart won the home depot race a couple of weeks ago, rigged? maybe or maybe not. you decide. its all about big business and money. thats it. not like racing was 20 years ago, just tv ratings and exploiting the biggest stars of the sport to get more money from the fans.

m4skinner
11-19-2006, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by honda400ex68b

stewart won the home depot race a couple of weeks ago, rigged?

I guess you are not a nascar fan? Because ther is not a Home Depot Race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

honda400ex68b
11-20-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by m4skinner
I guess you are not a nascar fan? Because ther is not a Home Depot Race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes there was. you must not be the fan, because if you would have watched the race, the announcers was calling it the home depot 500. it was atlanta or texas, not sure which one. just because the schedule does not say home depot, doesnt mean they didnt sponsor it.
it was also a coinsedence that a ford won the ford 400, huh? and a chevy usually wins the chevy 400 at richmond?

after the car of tomorrow goes full time, it will be on its way out anyway.

NPelletier
11-20-2006, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by HOMOJO
at least some one in a chevy won not in gay ford or dodge:devil:

has a dodge won the ship recently? and tony stewart won the championship last year in a chevy:rolleyes:

Quad18star
11-20-2006, 02:02 PM

The Bass Pro race at the end of October was being called The Home Depot race . Home Depot was a BIG sponsor for that race .

Is it fixed that Stewarts car won that race ? I don't think so !! Is it fixed because a Ford won a Ford sponsored race ? I don't think so . Coincidence maybe , but not a fixed race .

Put it this way , if your main sponsor turns out to sponsor a race , you're going to put the extra bit of effort into your race program to go out and win that race . It's good publicity for both , the team and the sponsoring company .

As far as Johnson winning , maybe he's a whinner , but you can't say he's not a great driver . Look at how many other guys complain about different things , everything from bump passing , to small debrits on the track , etc . Winning the championship also proves he is the Best driver in the sport . End of story !!!!

m4skinner
11-20-2006, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
The Bass Pro race at the end of October was being called The Home Depot race . Home Depot was a BIG sponsor for that race .

And who was calling it the Home Depot race ????? Not NASCAR or Home Depot. I don't think Home Depot can sponsor a race because Lowe's is the offical home Inprovment Warehouse of Nascar. And there is no way they could sponsor a race at Atlanta Motor Speedway because it's owned by Speedway Motorsports, Inc. the owner of Lowe's Motor Speedway.

bulkdriverlp
11-20-2006, 03:43 PM
jimmie johnson was given jeff gordons car his rookie year of nextel cup racing. he didnt have to work his way up the ladder with poor, or small race teams, he was given one of the best right from the get go. ya i think hes a flamer just like jeff gordon. he is a good driver, i can say that. i dont think anything is rigged. i would have liked to see hamlin take everything. spoken my a true STEWART fan.

Quad18star
11-20-2006, 05:54 PM
And who was calling it the Home Depot race ????? Not NASCAR or Home Depot. I don't think Home Depot can sponsor a race because Lowe's is the offical home Inprovment Warehouse of Nascar. And there is no way they could sponsor a race at Atlanta Motor Speedway because it's owned by Speedway Motorsports, Inc. the owner of Lowe's Motor Speedway.

The announcers were calling it The Home Depot race , media was dubbing it The Home Depot race . From what I read ( and seen on TV) , Home Depot sponsored a lot of activities leading up to this race , since Atlanta is Home Depot's main headquarters .

A bit from a new article ....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Backyard Barbecue
Bass Pro Shops MBNA 500 Atlanta Motor Speedway
Race Summary
2006-10-29

Tony Stewart held a backyard barbecue Sunday afternoon when he torched the field in Sunday's Bass Pro Shops 500 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series race at Atlanta Motor Speedway.

The driver of the No. 20 Home Depot Chevrolet for Joe Gibbs Racing handily won the 500-mile race, as he led seven times for a race-high 146 laps to secure a win in the hometown of his primary sponsor - The Home Depot.

"This is pretty special because Atlanta is home to Home Depot," said Stewart from victory lane. "We did what we wanted to do. We got up front early and stayed up front all day. And to do it in Home Depot's backyard makes it even sweeter.".....

Xater
11-20-2006, 06:10 PM
i dont like any drivers from hendrick racing they all drive dirty. i am a kensith fan and i think he had the potental to win the championship he just has the worst luck at the end of the races.

m4skinner
11-20-2006, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
The announcers were calling it The Home Depot race , media was dubbing it The Home Depot race . From what I read ( and seen on TV) , Home Depot sponsored a lot of activities leading up to this race , since Atlanta is Home Depot's main headquarters .

The announcers and the media can call it what they want and I'm sure Home Depot thanks them for the free publicty and they can sponsor what ever they want leading up to the race barbecues' or what ever but NASCAR or the track can promote The Home Depot it's a conflict of sponsors.

honda400ex68b
11-20-2006, 07:34 PM
The announcers and the media can call it what they want and I'm sure Home Depot thanks them for the free publicty and they can sponsor what ever they want leading up to the race barbecues' or what ever but NASCAR or the track can promote The Home Depot it's a conflict of sponsors.

as long as nascar gets most of the money, they dont care who sponsors it. its all big business and the most money wins.

redlineranger
11-22-2006, 06:45 PM
What ever I think a year or so ago JR thought the same thing and it didn't happen.
JR is so over rated because his last name is Earnhardt not every Earnhardt is a champ just look at his brother Kerry.

well if you think about it, a year ago(being 05), anyone who thought he was gonna win the ship was an idiot. he was garbage in 05. they swapped crews and that effed DEI over big time. now that him and Eury Jr are back together they are a strong team. he racked up alot of top 10's and top 5's this year, just came up short at the end. he WILL be a contender next year.

and about the over rated thing. he cant help it he was born a son to Dale Earnhardt. he has so much pressure on him to fill in his dads shoes, so i personally dont think he's over rated, and im not saying that just because i am a fan of his. but i only follow nascar religously so what do i know
:rolleyes: