PDA

View Full Version : RZ cylinders on a banshee bottom end?

jimanold22
11-19-2006, 04:16 PM
I've been trying to find info on this swap.looks pretty straight forward,But how do you actuate the power valves?Also does any company make pipes for these with the different exhaust flanges?Any help would be greatly appreciated.

broke
11-19-2006, 07:13 PM
The jugs themselves bolt right on. The wiring really is the tricky part. I have a Passion built 12port 4mil RZ. Pretty mean little motor with great low end.

The only pipes that fit with no cutting or bending are Rockets or either style PTR. I ran the mids for a year which worked great but quickly snuffed out the top end.

The PVs are turned by a servo controlled by the PV controller.

I put this motor in a 250 geometry Outlaw frame. It'd the best of all worlds and doesn't sound anywhere near as stupid as a four stroke.

jimanold22
11-19-2006, 09:59 PM
Broke thx for the reply.Where did you get all the hardwear for the PV controller?Is it original Rz350 or aftermarket?Also do you have any links to those pipe suppliers.BTW I sent ya a pm.Thx again.

Mxjunkie
11-20-2006, 04:49 AM
Could you possibly get pictures of everything that's needed for the swap? I've considered it but I could never find anyone that has done it :p

As far as the wiring and such all needed...

Thank's! :macho

jimanold22
11-20-2006, 08:34 AM
Also will any banshee cool head work on the rz cylinders?I noticed the water jackets on the rz cylinders look bigger.

broke
11-20-2006, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by jimanold22
Broke thx for the reply.Where did you get all the hardwear for the PV controller?Is it original Rz350 or aftermarket?Also do you have any links to those pipe suppliers.BTW I sent ya a pm.Thx again.

Ebay. Just make sure you buy all the components from the same year. Everything on mine is OEM. www.duncanracing.com for the PTR and the Rockets I will have to get back to you on. The company has been sold twice since I bought mine.

Could you possibly get pictures of everything that's needed for the swap? I've considered it but I could never find anyone that has done it

Sure can.

Also will any banshee cool head work on the rz cylinders?I noticed the water jackets on the rz cylinders look bigger.

NO, the Cool heads for RZ were only built by Prodesign and a few other small brands. The last I heard ProDesign still stocks them but doesn't build them anymore. One from a Banshee motor will not work.

Banshee009
11-20-2006, 08:11 PM
can i ask a q here?

why would you go to all the work with that build, when you just could just go to trinity racing and git the cheetah setup and have more then you would with the rz setup?

sorry, just asking

broke
11-20-2006, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Banshee009
can i ask a q here?

why would you go to all the work with that build, when you just could just go to trinity racing and git the cheetah setup and have more then you would with the rz setup?

sorry, just asking

First and Foremost, Trinity sucks. Their customer service sucks, their work sucks, their turn around sucks, and those are just the highlights.

You can get an RZ top end with electronics for around $500, you are looking at close to $3000 to build a Cheetah.

And Trinity sucks.

broke
11-20-2006, 08:47 PM

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69680

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69030

Banshee009
11-20-2006, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by broke
First and Foremost, Trinity sucks. Their customer service sucks, their work sucks, their turn around sucks, and those are just the highlights.

You can get an RZ top end with electronics for around $500, you are looking at close to $3000 to build a Cheetah.

And Trinity sucks.

wow, tell us how you really feel....

been a trinity dealer for bout three years now and my rep takes great care of me. great service, great advice, fast turn around. never had a problem. very fast and reliable quads when i'm done with them. some of the best running out there.

sorry i asked

do what you want

jimanold22
11-20-2006, 09:14 PM
Thx broke,You've been alot of help.

broke
11-21-2006, 04:01 AM
Thx broke,You've been alot of help.

No sweat. I hope I didn't scare you off on the Cheetah, they are great motors. I would just have someone else build it. Calvin did an awesome job with those jugs, so anyone can make them run. Unfortunately Trinity somehow ended up with the rights to be the soul distibutor of them, but any builder can get them.

PM me for anything else, I really shouldn't bash any shops in a thread with out the full explanation. I just have a real hard time holding my tongue every time that shop is mentioned.

jimanold22
11-21-2006, 09:12 AM
Yeah but as you said those cheetah PV set-up are high.I'd rather have my $ in the frame/suspension.I checked those links you sent on banshee hq.I'm working a deal with the guy who has everything to make the swap work.cylinders,pistons he says on have an hour on them,exhaust flanges,pipes,servo's,head,cdi,etc.He said that both cylinders had new sleeves,but needed the porting matched with the company that proted them before.I thought that was wierd considering it seams whomever put the sleeves in would have taken care of that.Anyway check this out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=002&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&viewitem=&item=120055352257&rd=1,1

I'd but it but it's set up for a yz 400/426 engine.By looking at the mounts and cut out swingarm I don't think you could convert it to a banshee engine without hacking it up.I really like the laegers because of the t-pin and I believe the lower a-arm mounting tubes are narrower than laonestars in the front.The guys says it was built in 2000 for doug eichner.