PDA

View Full Version : Found something I thought was lost.....

Pappy
11-19-2006, 03:50 PM
A few folks here know a bit about me, but most dont(maybe dont care to...lol)

Any way, I was tossed around as a kid and never had much stability and I found a batch of pictures that i thought were gone forever.

here is one of my grand dad, standing on a tank on the island of Bataan in the South Pacific

Pappy
11-19-2006, 03:53 PM
This is the only picture i have of my dad as a kid. Thats him on the far left with his brothers and sister. This was a big accomplishmen, a used bailer and tractor for the farm:p

Pappy
11-19-2006, 03:56 PM
My real mom does have all my baby pics etc (probably a good thing) We had a fire in our farm house in 1983 and these pics were damaged. I did not know they were still in existance until tonight.

Back in the day, atv racing did not exist, but my family raced jeeps. This pic shows some water damage, but still means alot to me. If anyone remembers the first 400ex I did, they will understand the color scheme

Pappy
11-19-2006, 04:00 PM
My dad was hell on wheels...literally:p

He would do anything in his jeep, even if it meant destroying it:D

Pappy
11-19-2006, 04:03 PM
I was the typical pit punk:p

Pappy
11-19-2006, 04:07 PM
growing up in a gas station had me tinkering with anything i could get my hands on before i got yelled at for losing tools:chinese:

This is yours truly at age 7 with my dog Colonel

atvRiDa400ex
11-19-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
This is the only picture i have of my dad as a kid. Thats him on the far left with his brothers and sister. This was a big accomplishmen, a used bailer and tractor for the farm:p
im diggin his "OH yea" stance! lol

Pappy
11-19-2006, 04:11 PM
My dad served as a Sniper in Vietnam until he was wounded(3 purple hearts, Bronze Star and Silver Star) and was not allowed back in combat. He was sent to California to train snipers to finish out his 4th tour.

I do not remember much about him and shooting before the time this picture was taken. 78 I think. This was also the last time his father and him hunted, as he suffered a massive stroke 2 days after this picture was taken.

pretty wild buck for the east coast at that time.

11-19-2006, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by atvRiDa400ex
im diggin his "OH yea" stance! lol

hahaha yeah man

MOFO
11-19-2006, 04:19 PM
growing up in a gas station had me tinkering with anything i could get my hands on before i got yelled at for losing tools:chinese:

This is yours truly at age 7 with my dog Colonel

Where was this taken at? There is a "Fox Chapel" right around where I live....

Pappy
11-19-2006, 04:19 PM
My dad was very big on dicipline. When I was 8 or 9 I was taken to boxing school to learn how to box. My sparring partner at home was this goat. If you put your hands up, it would stand up and try and head butt you! I wore my hands out on it's head.....that is where I learned to punch....and punch many times to keep from getting hit by that damn goat! My first boxing match had me in a corner getting wailed on by some skinny black kid. After the first round, my dad walked up to the ring and told me to act like he was the goat. The fight lasted about 20 seconds into the second round when I planted him after a flurry of hits that had him wishing he was back playing games with his buddies:D

I wasnt allowed to hunt until I was about 12, but i got to hold dad's rifle. the goat was tied there so it wouldnt attack my dad and the deer:p

(No animals except the deer was ever harmed....9 year olds tend not to hit that hard...lol)

atvRiDa400ex
11-19-2006, 04:22 PM
My dad was very big on dicipline. When I was 8 or 9 I was taken to boxing school to learn how to box. My sparring partner at home was this goat. If you put your hands up, it would stand up and try and head butt you! I wore my hands out on it's head.....that is where I learned to punch....and punch many times to keep from getting hit by that damn goat! My first boxing match had me in a corner getting wailed on by some skinny black kid. After the first round, my dad walked up to the ring and told me to act like he was the goat. The fight lasted about 20 seconds into the second round when I planted him after a flurry of hits that had him wishing he was back playing games with his buddies:D

I wasnt allowed to hunt until I was about 12, but i got to hold dad's rifle. the goat was tied there so it wouldnt attack my dad and the deer:p

(No animals except the deer was ever harmed....9 year olds tend not to hit that hard...lol)

HAHAHAHAHHHAAHAH diggin the bell botoms!

Pappy
11-19-2006, 04:23 PM
My dad got remarried when i was like 8 , and we always had horses and cows and such. This is my super badass pony "Butch"

I used to do barrel racing with him and we hauled ***:macho

The feller in the pic was my friend Neil. He was killed in combat in either Panama or Grenada. He was a few years older and from the city, and loved being out to visit on the farm.

Pappy
11-19-2006, 04:30 PM
In 83 we moved to a big farm and had even more horses and cows.

Thats me at 13 or so. thats KH426 on his pony. At this time, I had my ultra badazz trike, a Yamamoto 225. It was the fastest thing there was:D (I wanted a 200ex when they came out but got what I got..still had fun:D )

This was also the time when I realized being a farm boy, with a bunch of horses, and having a new neighborhood built across from the farm = girls:chinese: Something about horses, and a nice cozy barn full fo hay that sure made that time ALOT of fun:devil:

Pappy
11-19-2006, 04:39 PM
This was my rabbit beagle..."Gus"

he was awesome, and he was fast enough to run them down! I had several rabbits that he caught and brought to me. Never fired a shot!

Pappy
11-19-2006, 04:44 PM
LOL, thats about all I got. i dont have hardly a picture left of me from about 1986 till 1992.

I am still looking for the album my dad sent home from Nam. It is another one that is lost.

Oh well, felt good sharing some memories:D

DEAL
11-19-2006, 05:27 PM

"Tina .. come get your ham.."

sorry .. I had to. lol

4TraxRider
11-19-2006, 06:00 PM
That's really cool. Glad you found them. It's always nice to find things you think were lost, especially when it has some sentimental value. Wish my pomeranian could catcha rabbit.:ermm:

Mxjunkie
11-19-2006, 06:35 PM
I liked that lol When I looked at my dad's it was just a buncha italians dressed all nice in every darn pic :p

JOEX
11-19-2006, 07:15 PM
Thanks for ahring Pappy:)

I remember awhile back you posted the only pic of your dad you had and were trying to find more. Glad you did:)

firefighterjosh
11-19-2006, 07:39 PM
Thats cool. I got some pics out of my grandpa and stuff a while back. My grandpa was a seal in Nam. He only has one pick of him in nam. I was the lucky grandson to get it.

Thanks for sharing

QuadJunkies
11-19-2006, 08:10 PM
WOW.. you look sooo much like your DAD! :eek2:

Pappy
11-19-2006, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
WOW.. you look sooo much like your DAD! :eek2:

i know. The pic with him and his buck was taken when he was the same age as i am

derekhonda
11-19-2006, 08:36 PM
When i read this headline...i knew exactly what you found pappy. congrats, don't lose them again!

QuadJunkies
11-19-2006, 08:42 PM
i know. The pic with him and his buck was taken when he was the same age as i am
You know... you shoudl let me try and paste both those pics together for you.
That would be a nice keepsake :)

insaneracin2003
11-19-2006, 08:44 PM
Thanks for sharing with us Ken,glad you found the pics!!!

Pappy
11-19-2006, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
You know... you shoudl let me try and paste both those pics together for you.
That would be a nice keepsake :)

Well, I know if he were alive he would say i somehow made my buck bigger then his:cool:

mac450
11-19-2006, 08:57 PM
Nice pictures, its always fun to dig up old pictures sometimes and just look threw them. Thanks for sharin pappy! glad you found them