PDA

View Full Version : Motor Finally Let Go...

ITSTOCK
11-19-2006, 03:11 PM
It was the first time riding in some what cold weather, but the motor went. There is either zero compression, or something is locking up (it mixes it up, broken piston something probably getting lodged causing it to lock up).

If I get too lazy, how much (ROUGHLY) does it cost for one of these motors to rebuilt, using an Athena 480 (I know this kit costs about $650, I'm asking labor)? I taking the entire quad apart for a gusset kit and powdercoating anyway, so the motor will be out of it. I planned on doing this in another month anyway, it just happened a little differently than I anticipated :p

The funny and odd part is that my brothers YZ250 also lost the piston today (0 compression) in the EXACT same spot, seconds before me. He was about 20 yards ahead of me when I had seen him look down at his bike, than, STALL, welp, there goes mine too :ermm:

So about how much for labor in rebuilding one of these if I don't feel like doing it?

Thanks,
Steve

450rJam
11-19-2006, 05:10 PM
bermuda triangle trail ?

thats a crazy coincidence, two dropping at the same time.
you guys use gas from same can ?

thats weird.

ITSTOCK
11-19-2006, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by 450rJam
bermuda triangle trail ?

thats a crazy coincidence, two dropping at the same time.
you guys use gas from same can ?

thats weird.

different gas, two different stations. It's just one of those weird coincidences I suppose, as none of the other quads broke today.