PDA

View Full Version : New Swaybar Finished

fourwhls
09-12-2002, 07:01 PM
I finally finished making a couple of my swaybars. I have one on ebay right now. Check it out and let me know what you think....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1857910989&rd=1

Leo
09-14-2002, 01:45 PM
will the swaybar clear piggybacks? I'm looking for a swaybar, but from the pic's it looks like it might hit my resevoirs..

Leo

yamaha1470
09-14-2002, 07:39 PM
whats the point of a sway bar?

Leo
09-14-2002, 10:21 PM
when your ice racing it helps to keep your inside rear tire in contact with the ice :D

really just to keep the chassis level with the ground, got to grab every bit of traction you can with that inside rear wheel when your on the ice / flat track..

Leo

redrizza
09-16-2002, 08:37 PM
Leo, what class are you going to race in? I think I'll probably see you at the races. Not quite sure how far I'm going to drive yet, but I definately plan to make it to Rouses Point. Isn't there one in Ticonderoga? That's right in your neck of the woods. Not sure if I'll make it to Saranac or not:confused: Guess I'll have to wait and see how much time and money I have.

Leo
09-16-2002, 09:30 PM
last year they had 2 in Saranac Lake, and one in Rouses Point (missed that one :()..

I plan on going to those 3 for sure, and any others that I hear about..

I'm north of Ticonderoga, I'm about 15 minutes south of Lake Placid.

Look forward to seeing you there!

Leo

fourwhls
09-17-2002, 07:35 AM
Leo...Sorry for the delayed response. The way the swaybar is set up right now, it will most likely hit the piggybacks.
Are you running tripple rate elkas and taking out the middle spring to lower the front end, or do you have shocks set up for ice racing???

The swaybars I have done right now might not fit, but I am not totally against making a custom application to help you out. I will need for you to take some measurements for me in order to do so.

Leo
09-17-2002, 04:08 PM
I'm running triple rate Elka's I plan on removing springs as needed to drop 'er down.. When I ordered them I never even gave a thought to the ressy's hitting a swaybar... DOH!

I'm interested in a swaybar, but if it's to $$ then I'll have to pass :(

Leo

redrizza
09-18-2002, 06:10 AM
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I have to buy wheels and studded tires first. I just found a used set for $200. I have to go check them out to see if they are worth it.

fourwhls
09-18-2002, 08:36 AM
I have a buddy that picked up about 5 sets of rear studded tires. He bought a 250r from a guy in Michigan and they came with the package. He said he will let them go for $20 a tire to get them out of his garage. Tires only no rims.
They look to be in great shape. One set looks to be about 11in wide and the rest are narrower apporx 8in. Most of them have all the studs still in them. He did remove some most of the studs on one set. He was planning on putting tubes in them and trying them out. He still has all the studs that he pulled out.
He has one set listed on e-bay right now. You can do a search and check them out.
Let me know if you are interested and I fill forward you to him.

fourwhls
09-23-2002, 05:01 AM
I put another one on e-bay last night if anybody is interested.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1862933986&rd=1