PDA

View Full Version : TIPS and TRICKS???

untouchable911
11-19-2006, 09:15 AM
i just picked up my 05 brand new, hrc kit already insalled couldnt pass it up $5,500.. just wondering if theres any tips or simple tricks to get a couple more horses out of it .. any info would be greatly appreciated!! thankx guys

untouchable911
11-19-2006, 09:16 AM
pictures are always a big help ..LOL

MAD450r
11-19-2006, 09:53 AM
Trails or racing. Most say change the front sproket to make ti not so stall happy int he woods. All I did is pipe mine and get use to clutching a bit more than I did with my 400ex. After that the next thing I'd recommend is saving to widen or atleast redoing your stock shocks. Once that is done you'll be able to put the power you already have to the ground. Wtihout redoing the rear that thing will spin alot and not want to excellerate as hard as it can in a nice strait line.

I know my 04 had hrc installed when I picked it up and I had my sparks pipe hear waiting for it already. You may want a quieter pipe than the sparks but I love mine power is great from low to high rpm.

untouchable911
11-19-2006, 09:58 AM
thankx for the reply iam big into hairscrambles and hill climbs so low end is a must .. cant wait to see the real power .. STILL IN THE BREAK IN PROCESS.. tryin to break it in the right way! its so hard to stay outta the throttle on this thing amazing compared to my 05 400ex!

MAD450r
11-19-2006, 10:08 AM
Just ride it.

I rode mine very hard during breakin. Ive had it since march of 04 and i've yet to have any engine trouble. JUst dont stay on the limiter is all I say. 3rd gear is very easy to find the limiter with the rest you should be fine with.

As for lowend you may want to go with a dasa pipe and you may need to drop a tooth on the front sprocket. I love the stock gearing but I mostly trail ride and play on the mx track not a real racer.

All I know is everyone thinks my r has ton's of low-end when they see me drag freinds then they ride it and stall trying to take off in second as I do. I takes practice with that hrc cam you need to keep the R's up alot more but it will leave the line very hard once you learn it.

I practice my second gear starts where I spin for say 6-10 feet then quick shift into 3rd and hold out till the limiter at that piont.
Once you get tht down you'll be very good off the line.

untouchable911
11-19-2006, 10:20 AM
thats great info thankx again . its nice to have real help. for a change. where is a good place to get a dasa pipe? and do i have to change the jetting after i get the pipe or will the jetting with the hrc kit work?. i also noticed to break light stays on all the time so i lifted up on the rear break lever and it shut off how do i adjust it so it stays off until i hit the breaks plus i dont want to burn my rotor or kill my pads but i dont think its dragging to hard still freewheels fine..

MAD450r
11-19-2006, 10:23 AM
As for the break I think you adjust the return spring near the foot petal. Im not 100% sure on that since I just about never use my rear breaks on an atv. I use the engine [downshift ] for the rear and front breaks thats it. Unles im doing wheelies then I use the rear break but I never had it stick like your sazying your's does.

As for the jetting with dasa I'd ask in the dasa forum to be sure.

I know with my sparks I was ok with stock jetting, I did have my dealer adjust the fuel air last time I was in since they have the proper tool and my sparks pops some on deceleration. Other than that sparks racing told me that jetting was fine.

untouchable911
11-19-2006, 10:27 AM
well i guess i will go do smoe ajusting and searching around ,, thankx again for all you info have a great day!