PDA

View Full Version : Trail Riding nerf bars

GearHeadz400ex
11-19-2006, 09:15 AM
Are they a big pain for the trails? Do sticks and other things get caught in the nets really easily? I love the look and the purpose but if its just going to be a pain while im riding I'll pass. So the question is, do the nets get stuck on stuff very much or are they clear out of the way.

Pappy
11-19-2006, 09:24 AM
Every once in awhile, but most of the time you will find the benefits far out weigh the negative.

Ruby Soho
11-19-2006, 09:47 AM
IMO they help. they block sticks from hitting your feet and such, stop small trees from hitting you. the only thing that happens to me SOMETIMES, small stumps, if you call them that, from little trees go under the a-arm and wack the shifter and pop it into neutral

11-20-2006, 06:14 AM
i'll never ride in the woods without a set again...

and pappy summed it up as well as any body could

red2004 TRX450R
11-22-2006, 11:51 AM
I look at my friends that don't have them and tell them they are stupid for not having them.

I have never had a problem with sticks getting in in the nets, but the ones I have got in the nets fall out or brake and they never bothered me. they are a life saver because they keep trees from locking up with the back wheel, and keep you feet from from going places they should not. also you can use them to pivot around trees.

the only thing i don't like about them is it makes it real hard to use you feet for reverse.

mike nash
11-27-2006, 06:20 AM
I could see having a problem if you were trailblazing. But otherwise look at all the GNCC'ers.

Kaleigh
11-27-2006, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by red2004 TRX450R
I look at my friends that don't have them and tell them they are stupid for not having them.

I have never had a problem with sticks getting in in the nets, but the ones I have got in the nets fall out or brake and they never bothered me. they are a life saver because they keep trees from locking up with the back wheel, and keep you feet from from going places they should not. also you can use them to pivot around trees.

the only thing i don't like about them is it makes it real hard to use you feet for reverse.

I agree.. I love mine for the trail.. trees slide right off them and off the rear tires.. they also save your legs for alot of things.. my NB actually saved my legs a few time.. sliding into trees.. the NB's stop the trees from smashing into your leg. I aslo have had no problem with them gettin caught on anything.. maybe the occasional stick but thats only if you wonder into thick bush where there is no trail to go down or when tryin to make new trails.. they also stop most sticks from coming up and hitting our feet..

my .02 ... I rode without them and hated it.. sticks hitting my feet.. back tire gettin stuck on trees.. etc..

gotwarrior
12-01-2006, 06:47 AM
I would like to have a stick get cought in the web than in some thing else. Like my foot or the shift.

MO-EX-RIDER
12-01-2006, 07:24 AM
make sure to keep your nets tight, and they are more positive than negative

parkers30
12-01-2006, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by red2004 TRX450R

I cut out the inside net, have just the right amount of space to put my feet on the ground, just watch the pipe