PDA

View Full Version : Ltr low down power

fraga
11-19-2006, 04:37 AM
Hi.
I'm going to get a new quad next month, and haven't decided between the raptor 700 and the LTR.
I won't be doing any kind of racing, just recreational trail riding with friends, and I do realise that the 700R is far better suited for this.
However, I live on an Island and there is only one dealer for each manufacturer. Since the Suzuki dealer is a very good friend of mine and the price is lower than the 700r, I'm leaning towards the suzuki.

The only problem is I want low down power.
Yes, the raptor is much better than the zook in this regard, but as I said, I would rather have the LTR.
So, considering I'm on a relatively tight budget, for the raptor price (here in Portugal) I can get an LTR with a full exhaust and a Power Commander, which I assume will improve things considerably! :p
And there will be some pocket change left to help pay for 9" wheels to help ground clearance.

I previously had an LTZ.
I later equipped it with a Duncan full system (and re-jetted), KN filter and a vortex ignition (airbox lid off also).
The little LTZ really came alive!
It made a huge difference, specially at the bottom end, power improved dramatically over stock.
And that is what I'm looking for, since on most of our trails we can't ride flat out and we use low revs a lot.

So since my previous experience is with that quad, my question is, how does an LTR with a full system and PC compare to a LTZ with also a full system, jetted and with a a Vortex (or any other) ignition?
I know the LTR is MUCH better on the high revs, but low down, how do they compare (with the aforementioned mods)?

Many thanks in advance! :)

P.S.
While I still haven't decided between the LTR and the Raptor700, please don't try to convince me to get the Yam, since this is not the kind of information I'm looking for right now. Thanks!

4TraxRider
11-19-2006, 08:10 PM
My LTR with the yoshi slip-on, CRBM and no airbox lid will blow the doors of my piped and jetted Z at all RPM's. You'll definately want to make sure you have some money left over to get a bigger set of tires though if your trail riding.

fraga
11-21-2006, 06:45 AM
Thank you for your reply.

I had already checked some some dynos on this forum and the difference was not much on low and mid rpm's, just a 0.5 or 1hp max difference.
High rpm's is another story, but then everyone knows that.

So I thought the difference wouldn't be all that great.

Thank you again for your input. :)