PDA

View Full Version : just got new WB exhaust....

zephead400ex
09-12-2002, 06:19 PM
I just received my WB E-Series Pro Meg system yesterday from Rocky Mountain. Put that SOB on there last night and I am loving it...well I have only be able to ride in my ally, havent got out of 2nd gear yet...but I love it anyway! Sounds good!

Does anyone have this exhaust? If so, how many disk are you running and what engine mods have you done?

I have a totally stock engine. The exhaust came with 12 diffuser disk already on, didnt know if I should add/subtract. What does everyone think?

2qk4u
09-12-2002, 06:40 PM
I'm running the same exhaust too. I love mine. I took my spark arrester out before i even installed the exhaust. my does greaaaaaaaaat for me. Iam running the stock 12 disks in mine with the std. bore 11:1 piston and it pulls Hard. you did it right by going with the full system so if you want to go with a big bore or higher compression piston later, you will already have the exhaust. thats how i was thinking when i bought my exhaust and very glad i did it. Im running a 14 tooth on the front and i jetted the bike like my sig. says. runs awesome. you wont be dissapointed.

zephead400ex
09-12-2002, 08:25 PM
looks like my bike, except I also put on Renthal bars last night also!

2qk4u
09-12-2002, 10:37 PM
mine has renthal bars also

Big - D Racing
09-13-2002, 12:41 AM
I heard that running 7 disks is the best set-up and will give you the most power. I've never rode with the e-series, so I can't guarantee anything. That is just what I heard.

Stock98EX
09-13-2002, 06:16 AM
If you take the spark arrestor out, the discs do nothing for you. Its the arrestor that makes the exhaust gases pass through the gaps in the discs.

YZROOSTINYA
09-13-2002, 06:53 AM
I HAVE A STOCK MOTOR IN MINE ALSO. I AM RUNNING 8 DISCS WITH ThE FULL SYSTEM. K AND N, pre-filter, 155 main and four holes in the lid with the uni vents. 12 discs is too much for the stock motor. i had 12 initially but lost low end. my carb is stock except for the 155 main. 8 discs gave me my low back and it pulls harder up top now. i am getting a 416 kit and a cam later thats why i went with the full system. also i am running a dpr9z plug instead of a 8.

give this a whirl

UglyMotha™
09-13-2002, 07:06 AM
i've got 12 dics 170 jet aluminum airbox with a k/n and removed choke i've gone up in discs and down and disc and this is the best combo i've come accross if you still running stock jetting with the airbox lid on wb recomends running 4 discs for best performance if you go up in discs from there with the stock jeting you lean it out and loose torq

Sportrax10
09-13-2002, 01:43 PM
i wanted to get that exhaust too! but i dont have the money untill i can get a job and i am woried about noise.
my neibors dont like how loud my stock exhaust is.