PDA

View Full Version : Ufc 65

sic250x
11-18-2006, 08:00 PM
who's watching it? i wanna know who wins the matt hughes and st pierre so bad. let me know

jdwxv3
11-18-2006, 11:10 PM
GSP won by TKO or KO in the second round. He pretty much laid a whipping on Hughes. Sad to see. GSP will be an awesome champ and no one will beat him anytime soon.

Sylvia beat Monson in the HW fight. Went all 5 rounds and Sylvia dominated the entire fight. It was a really entertaining fight except for the first and last round. At the end Monsons face was all lumpy and his eyes were almost swolen shut.

11-18-2006, 11:51 PM
hmm... so who is going to beat Sylvias tall a**. in a way it seems unfair to rest of the heavy wieghts. he is so damn tall , no one has that reach. but then again; it is a fight so...
id like to see tim Sylvia vs bob sap....now there is a fight..:D

hawaiikfx400
11-19-2006, 12:57 AM
gsp is a bad a@# dude that is one of few who can take the fight any were ground or stand up and is really a well rounded fighter hes came close so many times he deserves the belt hughs will be back and is a bad man himself i think arvloski we be the man to beat tim s he knocked him out before and will probally do it again hes a heavy hitter anderson silva and chuck both both hold belts in differnt weight classes but i would love to see one go up or one go down a weight class and fight.those to guys can bang.

sly400ex
11-19-2006, 07:21 AM
I was hoping for hughes, but his fighting techniques never really impressed me.

GSP deserves it. He is one one h3lll of an athlete.

AtvMxRider
11-19-2006, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by sly400ex
I was hoping for hughes, but his fighting techniques never really impressed me.

GSP deserves it. He is one one h3lll of an athlete.

Hughes has gotten to cocky. I used to like him but he likes to run his mouth too much. I am glad GSP beat him.

Byte
11-19-2006, 09:28 AM
GSP dominated! I'm still stunned...

honduh440
11-19-2006, 11:18 AM
gsp is freakin young too.... he will be wearing that belt for a while

Kaleigh
11-19-2006, 04:44 PM
does anyone have the fight online... I seen it on YOutube but was taken off a few hours after.. My SAT went down so i missed the fights.. i want to see the hughes fight..

derekhonda
11-19-2006, 09:52 PM
Watched it with a bunch of buds last night, was not impressed.

11-20-2006, 07:17 AM
to be honest i havnt really seen a UFC fight that was that great...they alway go on the floor and just chill for a lil bit....id rather watch boxing anyday!

Raptor68
11-20-2006, 07:25 AM
I thought the Silvia/Munson fight was one of the most boring fights I have seen. However, I thought the GSP/Hughes fight was awesome. I was definitely rootin for St. Pierre and was glad he took it to Hughes. He laid a whoopin' on the cocky @$$ Hughes and I was glad he did.

11-20-2006, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Honda86
to be honest i havnt really seen a UFC fight that was that great...they alway go on the floor and just chill for a lil bit....id rather watch boxing anyday!

i do like watching ufc, but i have to agree. i freakn love boxing.

honda250xrider
11-20-2006, 08:50 AM
hughes didn't look focused at all imo, gsp is a good fighter, he trains harder and overall ability i think out matches hughes. i would of like to see the fight go to the ground once or twice, other than the knockdown. hughes on the ground is hard to beat imo.

11-20-2006, 08:59 AM
yes it defenitely calls for a rematch; they both have lost one to each other ....time to even it up....( my money is on gsp though)

One_Bad_400
11-20-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Honda86

A lot of fights do go to the ground, but that's what's cool about it, its like real life fights, it's called Jiu-jitsu, one of the most effective real life fighting techniques ever.

GSP did destroy hughes, that was awesome. the silvia-monson fight was a huge bore. I hate silvia, if Alexsander Emelianenko comes over from Pride he will destroy silvia.

Anybody else train mma? I train jiu-jitsu 3-4 days a week and a little bit of muay thai kickboxing...

popo
11-20-2006, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Kaleigh
does anyone have the fight online... I seen it on YOutube but was taken off a few hours after.. My SAT went down so i missed the fights.. i want to see the hughes fight..

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...10653&q=UFC+65

Kaleigh
11-20-2006, 01:58 PM
i didnt get to see ufc 65:mad:

but I think one of the best fits I have seen was Diaz vs Lawler.. a grappler knocking down a boxer.. :macho

jdwxv3
11-20-2006, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
A lot of fights do go to the ground, but that's what's cool about it, its like real life fights, it's called Jiu-jitsu, one of the most effective real life fighting techniques ever.

GSP did destroy hughes, that was awesome. the silvia-monson fight was a huge bore. I hate silvia, if Alexsander Emelianenko comes over from Pride he will destroy silvia.

Anybody else train mma? I train jiu-jitsu 3-4 days a week and a little bit of muay thai kickboxing...

I do a bit of mma. I was a HS State Champion in wrestling and now I do Jiu jitsu and some Judo along with some kick boxing.

As far as people who say boxing is better I say how??? Huge gloves and long boring fights. I think a person has to truley have wrestled or trained some sort of mma to apprectiate how hard some of the things these guys are doing on the ground acctually are. They are not just rolling around, they are strategically thinking a few moves ahead at all times while trying to avoid getting punched in the face.

And I thought the Sylvia Monson fight was great the first and last round was a bore but in the first they felt each other out...in the last they were both tired.....Try hitting a bag for 25 min much less having the bag hit you back! I cant imagine some of the pain these guys feel. I just rember wrestling 6 min and I was dead tired and these guys went 25min!!

By the way did you all know that Monson is an anti american peice of garbage. He wears and assinate Bush shirt during training. He also has some messed up tattos. One tatto is of and Anarchy sign which means no gov. Then he also has a communist star that stands for full gov control. Can you say contridiction.....I wish his face whould have been smashed A LOT worse!!!

Later, Josh