PDA

View Full Version : HELP! 06 carb problems

sandtoys0
11-18-2006, 05:43 PM
Took the top plate off to change the jets and there is where my problems began. The jets aren't there! So I put it back together but I must have done it wrong. I think I have fuel im my oil and I definately have oil in my air box! Does anyone have pictures or advice on how this top piece goes back together? There is some sort of slide piece that connects to rollers and on that slide piece there is a plate that has a seal and a hole in it. I must have put that back together wrong! Someone please help me, I feel like a dumb *****.

Rick

sandtoys0
11-19-2006, 06:15 AM
Does anyone know where to get detailed pics. of the FCR flatside carb or a schematic on one?
Taking my vacation this week at Dumont dunes, someone please help.

ghott
11-19-2006, 06:32 AM
Alrighty.

The top of the carb is where you access the needle.

The bottom of the carb is where the jets are located.

The oil in your airbox...is it motor oil, or is the air filter oil? Airfilter oil = good. Motor oil = bad. Possibly blow-by...which means its new piston or rings time.

sandtoys0
11-19-2006, 06:59 AM
Yeah, there is lots of oil in the air box. Enough to pour out the hole in the bottom. The oil is coming from the hose which connects to the side of the air box. Don't know what I did to cause that but it's definately pumping oil from that hose to the air box.

ghott
11-19-2006, 07:45 AM
The hose that comes into the side of the airbox is for the crankcase and valve cover vent. Are you over full on oil?

speedfreaksguy
11-19-2006, 10:25 AM
Sounds like you overfilled the engine oil. Drain and refill to the correct level and you should be fine. As far as your carb problem. The hole in the plate faces down. Another way to tell if it's right is to look into the carb, the plate should have a M stamped into it. If you see a W you know it's upside down. It will fit both ways but won't run right if it's in wrong.

sandtoys0
11-19-2006, 10:50 AM
Took everything apart again and reasembled. Tried to start but it only turns over, if I give it gas it will run however when I let off the throttle(with or without choke) it will die.
When playing with the idle speed-how many turns out from all the way in should I be? Perhaps that is part of my hinderence.

motosport67
11-19-2006, 11:50 AM
hey man i dont know if you still need the pics but take a look at this site

http://www.motosport.com/offroad/oem.php?make=HONDA&type=ATV&model=TRX450R&year=2006

sandtoys0
11-19-2006, 07:08 PM
the sensor at the thumb throttle is to blame for the motor to quit running when I release the thumb throttle. What do you suppose caused this? Anyway, I tried to adjust at the thumb throttle but it seems I messed that up now too. I'll be disconnecting that part until I get back from vacation....

Anyone have the proper procedure on where to begin tuning and adjusting the carb and throttle linkage on a 06?

11-20-2006, 05:32 AM
fcr carb breakdown (http://www.sudco.com/fcrmx.html)