PDA

View Full Version : help with sticking brakes on 250ex

Rider-trx_250ex
11-18-2006, 04:14 PM
on my 250ex, when i hold the brake just a bit and give it gas the slider on my brakes stick, even when i completely let go of the brake it sticks. but as soon as i completely let off the throttle the slider pops right back into place. why is this happening, it never did it before? I cannot give the quad gas and hold the rear brake just a little at the same time or the slider will stick and i will go no where. Also when im going down a hill and tap the rear brakes and let go the slider will stick in place. It seems that whenever i hit the brakes when my gears are moving the brake slider will stick, but when they are not spinnng it goes right back into place.

4TraxRider
11-18-2006, 05:05 PM
I can probably help you if you explain to me what a brake slider is. I've never heard of that.:huh

Rider-trx_250ex
11-18-2006, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by 4TraxRider
I can probably help you if you explain to me what a brake slider is. I've never heard of that.:huh

sry, i heard someone call it that and thats what i called it. it is that bar that both brakes lines go into and is connected the the side of the gear case, when u pull a brake lever the cable pulls this bar forward to engage the brake