PDA

View Full Version : best XC front end set up for $1500

nicker71
11-18-2006, 12:15 PM
looking to get a new front end for my yfz 450 2005. I allready had sent my back shock to gt thunder to have it rebuilt with a new spring and linkage. Now Im looking for a front end to go with the back. I want a +1 arms with a 4/1 wheels. Im looking a tcs shocks and elka shocks both triple rate with comp. only no rebound adjustments both simular in price ($850). Im looking at SMC fabrication www.smcfabrication.com arms because they are high groundclearence. look very simular to ATV four play arms. with the elka shocks. I also like the ATV four play arms which cost about $100 more than the smc fab.

Im also like the houser arms also.

open to all other brands of shocks and arms also but want to keep it under or around 1500.
thanks alot for the advice.

also what do you think about using the flex bars with the stock steering steem??

pudamac12
11-18-2006, 02:55 PM
you can also order castor adjustable uppers on the smc arms now. It is a new option and will be listed on the site soon. The price is an additional $50 for castor adjustable uppers. I will have pics of them soon.

dopeyferree
11-19-2006, 08:39 AM
Why dont you order ATV Fourplay arms and send your front shocks to GT Thunder. I have the GT THunder rear shock and wish I had went that route on my fronts instead of spending all that money on Elkas. I love my ATV Fourplay a arms.

11-19-2006, 01:47 PM
I'd talk to GT Thunder on the fronts as well.

With teh $$$ left you could get some Laeger a-arms.

MO-EX-RIDER
11-19-2006, 06:44 PM
most people run a +1 or 2 stem with those bars, but you could just throw on a set of rox risers on top of the stock stem..btw do you run c class in mhsc by chance?

Pappy
11-19-2006, 06:47 PM
stock arms and the most shock you can afford...lol

bradley300
11-20-2006, 06:50 AM
the gthunder set up is 1685 on thier site, its a little more than your wanting to spend, but you really should do it. in that price range it is head and shoulders above anything else, not to mention better than most stuff of any price range

Crashmore 22
11-20-2006, 07:42 PM
Tyler Lenig has a lonestar/ohlins for sale in the Honda Parts forum for $1300.

DanW
11-22-2006, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
the gthunder set up is 1685 on thier site, its a little more than your wanting to spend, but you really should do it. in that price range it is head and shoulders above anything else, not to mention better than most stuff of any price range

I believe that that price is for the rear link and rear shock work also. It would be quit a bit less for him to get GT Thunder a-arms and have his stock shocks redone.

bradley300
11-22-2006, 07:56 PM
i forgot, you are right, that does include the rear linkage, and a re-valve for all three stock shocks

nicker71
11-24-2006, 01:25 PM
thanks for the advice its seems like the gt thunder front end maybe the best route. I just got my rear shock back from gt thunder today.

yeah I raced c class last MHSC last season, but thinking of moving to B class next season. My biggest problem was broken tie rod sand tie rod ends. Im going to fix that problem.

YFZ450 11x
11-24-2006, 06:46 PM
I have a set of 18 1/2" long travel elka elites that are valved and sprung for a 150lb rider for $500... your not gunna find anything close to to that for the money :D PM me if your interested

nicker71
11-25-2006, 08:33 AM
the kits that gt thunder have now are different than what they had in the past. They make their own arms now instead of using the ATV for play arms. I havnt been able to find anything on their new arms. I was wanting a max ground clearance arm I might have the shocks done by gt and buy the atv fourplay MGC arms +1.

the arms that gt uses are +.5 he said to go with a 4/1 offset wheel so that will put me just a bit narrower than stock.
Im still not sure what im going to do.

nicker71
11-26-2006, 08:25 AM
well I have decided to go with the Gt thunder package. After talking with Laz. He told me that his kit is better than alot of other common after market front ends. But he did make a point to say that a ars/fx is better.

I will post some pics once I get it installed. I allready have the rear shock installed.

plus I can save some money to buy some flex bars and beadlocks

dukeboy
11-26-2006, 08:52 AM
i know where there is a ars/fx complete front end that is like new(under 10 hours on it) but the guy needs stock stuff to sell his quad with. the price will be right.

call ryan at 641-864-3253 tell him luke sent ya.

414tinner
12-03-2006, 10:42 AM
A friend of mine has this exact GT Thunder front end and rear shock and linkage on his YFZ and he is switching to a Honda for 2007. I know he is going to sell this front end and rear end if you are interested in saving some money. I know you said you are a college student and I can remember that time. PM me for his phone # and info if you want it.

nicker71
12-03-2006, 08:39 PM
thanks but I just bought the ars/fx axis front end. And already bought the gt rear shock rebuild and linkage.