PDA

View Full Version : broken spring on works tripple rate....

stalefish_132
11-17-2006, 09:53 PM
the middle spring on my right front works tripple rate shocks broke a while back and i just had it welded just as a temporary fix. when it happend i email works and got no response (should have tryed phoning) but does anyone know if you can just buy they middle spring seporatly? i'm not exactly sure what weight of springs they are but i'm guess around 180lb or so. annother what does normal shock service and revalve go for? i think mine are valved a bit on the stiff side for me and i weight 155-160lb so i'd like to get them somwhere around there.
anyone got any info?

sorry for the long post

j_cyrus3
11-17-2006, 11:33 PM
the middle spring i think is called a tender spring, or maybe thats the top one. if anyone does your shocks, send them to GT Thunder, great work. Laz always gets it right the first time.

duke416ex
11-18-2006, 03:06 PM
I broke the same spring. You can order the springs individually. I ordered new ones for both sides, so they would both work the same. When I called works te suggested I change the rate for a better ride and it did help. I would just call them and tell them what you have and what you do and see what they suggest. The springs aren't real high compared to some springs.