PDA

View Full Version : Lifted trucks and johny law

coolex
11-17-2006, 09:34 PM
i live in nh and cant find out the law about lifted trucks and how big i can go i found that the bumper from the the ground to the bottom of the bumper cant be more than 20 inches, ive seen stock bumpers more than this, im currntly going to sell my jeep for somehtign better at offroading, there is a k5 blazer (full size) its like a 80's in year, and it has 42"s on it and a 7 inch lift for 2,000, this is exacly whta i want, but its way over the 20 inch bumper rule,

i see lifted trucks with huge lifts and 40 inch rubbers from time to time around here, y dnt they get pulled over or do they, and will i really get harrased with 42 and a 7 inch lift

i meen ive looked in the lifted trucks thread and some of those are way over the legal limit for lift, so wats up with this law, is it just not inforced, does any one know what it is

thanks, and sorry for the long read

1fst400
11-17-2006, 09:42 PM
If you know a guy that works at an inspection station then it is no problem. I live not far from you actualy.... I get all sorts of stuf inspected throu a inspection station that a family member owns. Just as long as it is in good mechanical cond. Popo will give you a fix-it ticket, but you can throw them out once you get them.

as far as WILL you get harassed. well it depends on how you drive. Its like kids who romp on it all the time around town, they just attrace attention to themselves.

if you dont have a hookup with an inspection station, you can always put small tires on it. Get the sticker, then put your big tires on.

coolex
11-17-2006, 09:47 PM
o i can deffidly get it inspected ( family friends with the owners etc.) thats not the problem, im wondering if i could get fined for having it or will i be stopped every 5 mintues and questioned.

thanks for the quick reply

ak_stick
11-18-2006, 03:00 AM
most times I've found that the cops only mess with you, if you make yourself a problem for them.

My 03 GMC 2500 has VERY illegal tint on the windows, but because I drive like a sane person, and dont cause any problems. I'm polite, and upfront with officers, I dont get hassled over it.

4TraxRider
11-18-2006, 01:18 PM
^^ It's true. If you stay out of trouble and drive responsibly they won't bother you. My Ram is 4 inches taller than the NY limit and have never had a problem. My friend's F-350 has one that's 8 over and hasn't had a problem either.

SGA
11-18-2006, 03:17 PM
Good replys above. Be cool and they'll leave you alone.

If your gonna be cruising late hours, revving the engine and going through ditches in front of stores and stuff, forget it.

coolex
11-18-2006, 03:39 PM
as of now the jeep is up fro sale

thanks guys alot for the advice, i guess ill get a really big one but just take it easy around town and unleash it offroad,

theres a time and a place for everything

fasterblaster09
11-18-2006, 06:47 PM
my friends dads blazer has either 42" or 45" tires on it with a 12 inch lift. it is over limit, but he has like the lights liwerd a little below the bumper, like he has extensions that hold the lights lower. it actually looks pretty good.

exracer416
11-18-2006, 10:25 PM
wow sounds like i need to move theres meth labs, robberies and all kinds of other stuff for them to deal with here but i still get stopped. i was going through a stop light with traffic on a green light minding my own business there was no way i could have been doin anything wrong i get 2 miles through town and i see a cop weaving in and out of traffic just to pull me over for my tint. i asked him what i was doin wrong to get pulled over he told me it was concerning my tint i asked it there was anything else i did wrong and they told me no. it drives me crazy, i think theyre jealous of the nice vehicles we drive. my advice to the cops in my area, go eat a donut

ak_stick
11-19-2006, 01:03 AM
or you could drive a vehicle with legal tint.....

exracer416
11-19-2006, 01:13 AM
it was legal but try telling them that, my uncle just retired he tore up a few of my brothers tickets cause he said they were bs. i know a few good cops........(a few). but my opinion remains the same

slosh13
11-19-2006, 06:34 AM
This may be helpful

http://fullsizechevy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85966 (Here)

coolex
11-19-2006, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by slosh13
This may be helpful

http://fullsizechevy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85966 (Here)

thanks for the site but it still only states what i already knew

"No vehicle's height (and we're talking loaded too), may be taller than 13 feet 6 inches. Don't change the height or alter the bumper in any way that would make it farther than 20 inches from the ground. More info."

a stocks truck is 20 inces of the ground and it cant go higher:confused:

thanks for taking the time to help me out though, much appricitated