PDA

View Full Version : How loud is my HMF?

Ride450Red
11-17-2006, 09:22 PM
I know it is loud, sounds great, but how many decibels is it? I was thinking around 100ish.. but really, I have no idea what so ever. Can someone let me know. I want to know to make sure that I will be legal at the dunes. I think the limit is 98db but im not sure. Usually they wont say anything, unless it is just ridiculous.

blackcloud
11-18-2006, 06:04 AM
HMF told me that my Ballance pipe is 101 db, I ordered a quiet core last wednesday. With the quiet core it should read 96 db to 98 db, according to HMF.

N300exJ
11-19-2006, 05:01 AM
I have the Ironman hmf pipe and i bet its closer to 102 to 103 db. lol this thing is loud but it sounds great and my r rips with it. Best 289 bucks i ever spent for an exhaust(and thats brand new too lol)..

ghott
11-19-2006, 05:11 AM
I just replaced my HMF system with a DASA.

The HMF sounds like a small kitten compared to the DASA's bark.

So I believe the HMF is one of the more quiet systems available, even without the quiet core installed.

Ride450Red
11-19-2006, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by ghott
I just replaced my HMF system with a DASA.

The HMF sounds like a small kitten compared to the DASA's bark.

So I believe the HMF is one of the more quiet systems available, even without the quiet core installed.

is it somrthing about the r that makes it soo loud with exhaust? Because ive seen almost every other quad with exhaust and none of them seem to be as loud as the 450r. Im just wondering if it is something to do with the engine

ghott
11-19-2006, 07:44 AM
I have no clue what the answer is to this.

I suppose it may have something to do with the pipe dimensions specific to the 450R.

Hopefully someone more enlightened than I will be able to give a definite answer.