PDA

View Full Version : New rebuild???????

New450r
11-17-2006, 08:23 PM
I have my mortor in the shop right now and want to know if I should add anything to my list? First off I am going with the 12 or 12.5-1 compreshion CP piston 1mm larger intake valves ported for woods rideing and a heavy duty rod. on an 05 model. I already have a pipe I'm happy with and a stage2 hotcam. not sure on ignition yet. sugestions welcome, and what is this I hear about a crank mod. 1 more thing stock jetted carb.

New450r
11-18-2006, 08:12 AM
Surely some one can coment

4wheelqueen
11-27-2006, 01:35 PM
what made you decide to get this done? I take it you have an 05 450R, they came pretty decent factory.
But I think you pretty much got it covered.
Whats that going to make it when its done, I know its not going to be a 450 when your done with it, Sounds nice, Do you have any pictures of it? Id really like to see it.

And how are the pistons?
Ive known a lot of people that say they've had a lot of problems with them, and also the valve seals, maybe they just ran them too much.

Anyways, sounds pretty good, like i said, id still like to see a picture of it, maybe with you on it also ;)

New450r
11-30-2006, 05:44 PM
Well I had transmission trouble. I let the wrong person ride it they didn't check the oil like I told them and walla. So while the motor's down I figure make it run the way I want. Taking it out to 480 and so forth. As far as pics not yet any way. FTZ is doing the motor I road one of their 450s before and man was it fast. I was reading about one of their rider's his bike was smoking Sparks and every other bike on the track. I can't remember his name but it is on their sight. Ftz racing .com