PDA

View Full Version : parking brake

Ruby Soho
11-17-2006, 05:55 PM
is there a parking brake on the 400? the only thing i see is a little button type thing on the clutch lever. what is that and how does it work?

Dirty Erni
11-28-2006, 03:28 PM
I know how it works,, but mine broke..

Push the button and pullthe attachment the button is on. you must hold the cluch in half way

11-28-2006, 03:37 PM
my guess is that the worthless p-brake was removed...all they do is wear your pads pre-maturely

firefighterjosh
11-28-2006, 10:21 PM
Yea they have a P brake. I would suggest taking it off and installing a e brake blockoff plate.

jokester
11-28-2006, 10:29 PM
ya definately get rid of it, its a total piece of sh**. I've spent hours on that thing trying to get it adjusted perfectly and it always either rides the brake way too hard, or it doesn't grab on enough to stop the quad from rolling when it is set. I always just leave mine in gear....

04TRX400EX
11-28-2006, 11:17 PM
Mine worked for the first 10 hours or so I think then stopped. I had it adjusted once and it worked again for one ride, then stopped again. That was about 50 hours ago and haven't attempted to use it since. You are supposed to be able to push down the button thing and slide the cover piece over the button to prevent it from popping back up. That part seems to work OK but it doesn't translate into stopping the quad from rolling.

For Christmas I will be receiving a block-off plate and a new ASV clutch lever and perch to get rid of the bulky e-brake one.

blown331
11-29-2006, 08:37 AM
mine wouldn't work for the longest time and it NEVER worked because my buddy who originally owned the atv couldn't figure it out either..

Well, I went to the rear of the atv and broke the spring loose it was all gummed up somehow... cleaned it.. sprayed on some WD40 and boom, works like a charm now

blasterandy
11-29-2006, 08:45 AM
What are the little black fuse box type things in the parking brake/clutch lever.

Kaleigh
11-29-2006, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
is there a parking brake on the 400? the only thing i see is a little button type thing on the clutch lever. what is that and how does it work?

press the button down slide that piece over the buttom.. pull the clutch til the piece gets stuck.. sorry for saying piece i dont know what its called.. maybe a lever..:rolleyes:

if done right.. the clutch should be ingaged slightly..

400exmatt
11-29-2006, 12:05 PM
The litle black box is so u can start it in gear. If u get a new perch, you will have to splice the two wires together.