PDA

View Full Version : Tower City

ridered54
11-17-2006, 04:02 PM
Im just curious if anyone else rides there cause its basically the only place I go. Nearly everyone one else there rides utilities (which is probably a good choice if you know the place) but theres always a few sport guys. o yea the pic isnt anyone i know, just a good one from the website (www.tctri.org i think)

400EXtreme
11-18-2006, 01:31 PM
man i whish we had spots to ride like that hear :(

ridered54
11-19-2006, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by 400EXtreme
man i whish we had spots to ride like that hear :(

yea its nice and fun.. but something always comes home broken cause its very rocky once you get out of the coal pits and into the woods

MR.BIG
11-20-2006, 07:17 AM
I have climbed that hill and its fun riding in the pits but the trails are really rocky so you better have tire plugs.

11-23-2006, 09:52 AM
yeah i was there not to long ago and it was awesome.managed to rip the stock skid plate off and one of the rocks bent the rotor but it was still a great place

Deltarider6010
11-23-2006, 03:22 PM
I want to go there, but someone was telling me that you have to be a member or something to ride there. Is this true and if so how much is it and how much is it to ride for the weekend. thanks

ridered54
11-23-2006, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Deltarider6010
I want to go there, but someone was telling me that you have to be a member or something to ride there. Is this true and if so how much is it and how much is it to ride for the weekend. thanks

if its your first time there you need dont to be with a member.. and the price is either 30 or 40 for the day but i cant remember which..they also have camp sites and stuff you can rent if you wanna spend the whole weekend

JAYKNIGHT
11-24-2006, 07:59 AM
THERE ARE ALOT OF PLACES LIKE THAT IN PA LIKE IN THE TOWN OF TRENTON UP NEAR TAMAQUA THE COAL HILLS ARE GREAT LOTS OF JUMPS AND HILL CLIMBS JUST GOTTA GO EASY ON THE TRAILS TO GET TO THEM AND IT IS FREE

Dirtiredneck
12-02-2006, 04:16 PM
Hell yea TC is awesome. There are 4 of us that usually go up there twice a month on our Sport Quads to practice riding the trails in between our GNCC races or to just go mess around for the day. I live near Baltimore and there are no good Legal or illegal places to ride anyore so that is the best place to ride under 3hours, pay 35 bucks and have a blast with your friends....

Yes IT IS ROCKY on most of the trails, but we find everything up there and love running though the woods. I was there last weekedn and got off course, ended up on Trail 8, wich is XXX and threw my chain off my Quad, Luckily I has some tools with me and got it back together in time for my buddy to get back from getting some help and it was getting cold and dark. Iwas about 8 miles from the truck:eek: Always ride with a friend up there and Skid plates are a MUST!!!!:devil:

4punksdad
12-04-2006, 07:13 AM
we ride near there at Trevorton & Shamokin.

MR.BIG
12-04-2006, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by 4punksdad
we ride near there at Trevorton & Shamokin.

We went to trevorton this past weekend the hills were loose and very hard to climb but fun as usual.

smokin 400
12-31-2006, 04:16 AM
where do you ride there , i am looking for a new place andi cant seem to find anything except tower city. i used to ride there when it was free in my younger days but it is too rocky for me . im looking for a place for my son and i to ride at , closed our previous spot near st. clair and started stringing barb wire across the trails.just curious if you can help me find a spot. im from coopersburg pa area and can haul alot of toys if someone wants to show me where to go.