PDA

View Full Version : Price??

Chin_Chilla
11-17-2006, 03:27 PM
Pappy I'm thinking about buying a full LRD exhaust from a member here, and was wondering if I could just have him ship it to you, you powdercoat and I guess assemble/reassemble, etc. How much would it run me (if you can do it) ? If you can, I'll tell you what colors i want. Thanks, Chin_Chilla.

Pappy
11-17-2006, 03:30 PM
To disassemble, pc, repack and reassemble a silencer, your looking at $75 including the new packing.

Chin_Chilla
11-17-2006, 04:30 PM
Ok the colors I want are pretty simple, I want a shiny black (dont know the name) for the headers and the tip, then the silencer translucent blue. PM me your paypal addy. so if this goes through i can just send you the money.

Pappy
11-17-2006, 05:08 PM
the above pricing was just to do the work on the silencer. To have the header ceramic coated black, it is another $95 (450r/yfz) and $125 for a 400ex(kind of expensive IMO but this stuff aint cheap)

Chin_Chilla
11-17-2006, 09:45 PM
I think the black I want is called Gloss Black, really shiny, i dont know if its the same a ceramic coating, but i want gloss black and yea for 400Ex. still $125?

Pappy
11-18-2006, 05:50 AM
Yes, ceramic coating a headpipe(400ex) runs $125

I am powdercoating our personal headpipe to see if the improvements the powder companies have made will meet what I feel will make a decent coating. I do not like spending money on something that doesnt do what it is supposed to either...lol. And from what we have seen, ceramic does ok, but on an atv exhaust it just doesnt offer the benefits that one may find on a car header. Not sure if its due to the short length etc, but we have even sent a few out to the #1 company in the country for this process only to find that what we could do here was just as good.

Other coaters have told me that they use the high heat pc all the time, so I am going to give it another chance. If it does well, then it should be about 1/2 the price of ceramic coating.

Chin_Chilla
11-18-2006, 07:12 AM
Do you have to ceramic coat the headers, or can you just pc a certain color? I'm not really looking into getting the headers ceramic coating and even same me a few bucks.

Pappy
11-18-2006, 07:29 AM
No, you do not HAVE to have it coated. And high temp pc is only available in a few colors, none of which is a glossy black.

Chin_Chilla
11-18-2006, 07:39 AM
OK thats what I was trying to figure out. So whats the total price for Gloss black headers and exhaust tip and a translucent blue can? Thanks for your time.

Chin_Chilla
11-18-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Chin_Chilla
OK thats what I was trying to figure out. So whats the total price for Gloss black headers and exhaust tip and a translucent blue can? Thanks for your time. ??

Pappy
11-18-2006, 02:47 PM
LOL, I posted the prices:p

Chin_Chilla
11-18-2006, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
No, you do not HAVE to have it coated. And high temp pc is only available in a few colors, none of which is a glossy black. So you say that Gloss Black is NOT a ceramic coating. So if I want my headers Gloss Black, its still going to cost me the same as ceramic coating, even tho its not ceramic coating???:confused:

Mxjunkie
11-18-2006, 03:39 PM
High temp coatings are not avaible in glossy finishes, only the flat colors..

Chin_Chilla
11-19-2006, 01:44 PM
I don't understand. If headers can be pc'd any color, then why can i not get my headers pc'd gloss black? I DONT care if its high temp or not, i just want my headers gloss black. I didnt know getting parts PC'd would be such a pain in the arse.

Pappy
11-19-2006, 01:47 PM
You can not use any color of pc to coat headers! You must use high temp which is only available in 3 colors, NONE of which is gloss black!

RIF

Chin_Chilla
11-19-2006, 01:58 PM
Will regular PC that is not ceramic just melt off the headers or what? Also, why cant you just throw gloss black pc on headers? Will it not stick or what am I missing. I'm a newb to PC who's just trying to learn.

Pappy
11-19-2006, 02:18 PM
PC and Ceramic are 2 different coatings

Regular PC is stable until about 300 degrees where it will soften and can be damaged. High temp pc is good to 1200 degrees.

Ceramic Coatings are usually good to over 2000 degrees.

I hope this helps you figure out what I have posted:p

Chin_Chilla
11-19-2006, 02:30 PM
Ok that makes sense now. Let me know how it goes with the high temp PC and i might get that instead of ceramic since its half the cost. How long until you figure out if its good or not?

Pappy
11-19-2006, 02:35 PM
I am hoping to have the quad the pc'd header will go on, reassembled and running in a few weeks. Then I will see how well it does.