PDA

View Full Version : Carb FCR 41mm on 450R 2005

charette14
11-17-2006, 03:23 PM
I buy a new carb for my 450R 2005...

It's a FCR 41mm flat slide with no sensor TPS. Is that gonna change something if I don't put the sensor TPS? I've try my bike and it's work realy good, more snap, but some people said I need a carb with sensor TPS. What do you think about that? It's that realy change something to run with or without this sensor?

ricks450
12-01-2006, 03:52 PM
Whats up man! Your timing is at a stand still with the TPS not hooked up,do to the signal that comes from the TPS not going to the ignition box. Your losing some power. When you give it some gas the TPS sends a signal to the ignition box to tell it how much to advance your timing.It will do you some good if you hook it back up.

honda4life72
12-01-2006, 05:12 PM
i thought 05 didn't have tps sensors?

ricks450
12-01-2006, 05:24 PM
Yes! They do have TPS on them . That's what I have an 05 450R . Mine was black which is red now. LOL!! RIDE RED HARD!

chad502ex
12-01-2006, 05:41 PM
you can run the 05 with a FCR with no TPS on your carb.

your CDI will just run the WOT curve only by default..

It will be ok and feel just fine, but the 2 of the 3d curves (partial curve, closed throttle curve) will just wont work..

ricks450
12-01-2006, 06:02 PM
No offense here, Chevy502ex, but why would you want to run in default mode instead of running properly? The TPS is a vairable switch. It is consistant with your throttle. Wide Open Throttle is fully advanced. If it was sitting in full advance all the time it would be hard to start. How much degree of advance does the 05 have at wide open throttle? I would like to know for modifying purposes.

charette14
12-03-2006, 09:22 AM
That is beacause, I have bought my carb use and it doesn't have the sensor TPS and the hot start on it. My bike bike can run with no sensor TPS but it's not realy good... like some people said with the system 2D and the system 3D it's not the same thing. Do you think I can ship my carb to Sparks or an other compagny to put the sensor TPS and the hot start on my carb? or it's impossible?

And the trx450r 2005 have sensor TPS on the carb stock...

And I will run in 5days a CDI Dyna FS Ajustable...

chad502ex
12-03-2006, 09:31 AM
i'd rather not explain why it would work, it just does...

believe me, I program ignitions and the WOT Ignition Curve and the Closed Throttle Curve during startup is within 2 degrees below 1000 rpm... it'll work fine...

unplug your TPS from your factory carb and go start it,... works fine.

charette14
12-03-2006, 09:37 AM
Yes it's work fine... I have more snap of course it's a carb FCR... but does I lose some power with no sensor TPS? Is that good to run a 450r with the system 2D when it's have been build to run a system 3D?

But I beleive what's you've said so this week when I will receive my command of parts, I will try what you've said!

Another little question...

I have on my bike:

Full exhaust Rossier
Carb fcr 41mm
CDI dyna FS ajutable
Air filter UNI
Open Lid
(the rest of my motor is stock for winter)

Witch pilot jet will be good for my carb? 45 or 48

chad502ex
12-03-2006, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by charette14
Yes it's work fine... I have more snap of course it's a carb FCR... but does I lose some power with no sensor TPS? Is that good to run a 450r with the system 2D when it's have been build to run a system 3D?

But I beleive what's you've said so this week when I will receive my command of parts, I will try what you've said!

Another little question...

I have on my bike:

Full exhaust Rossier
Carb fcr 41mm
CDI dyna FS ajutable
Air filter UNI
Open Lid
(the rest of my motor is stock for winter)

Witch pilot jet will be good for my carb? 45 or 48

I would say 45 would work best without porting, piston, or valve work....

when your ready to go with boring your carb to a 43mm, I know who can ;)

good luck.

charette14
12-03-2006, 11:15 AM
Allright!

Thanks a lot, I will try that this week...

Now my motor is stock for winter, but in march my engin builder will do a porting, put another cam, put HD spring valves and a piston high compression. At this moment it will need a pilot jet 48 maybe.

;) thanks again