PDA

View Full Version : Is this a scam?

WheelieMan4
11-17-2006, 02:52 PM
I got an email from a guy that is interested in my quad...

He said:

Hello,
Are you sure this item is still available..can i see the new pictures...for urgent purchase.....?

I said:
Hey there...yea its still for sale, lol...I just put it up on the board a couple days ago. Where are you located? And here are the pics I have...

Then he comes back with this:
Thanks for your urgent respond but i dont want to delay this transaction i was hinted.... from my working place that if they're to send you any payment is by check .....i dont have options i have to abide with them so for you to make this transaction fast....... kindly send me your name and address to foward the check out to you ontime and i'll pick up the item after you confirm the check cleared ok.....i wish to purchase this item...so i want your urgent response to forward out the check for cash ontime..... thanks.

Sounds strange to me? What do you guys think?

Scro
11-17-2006, 02:55 PM
Seems fishy to me. Alot of the scammers are "urgent" in their emails, just because they want you to make a decision without thinking about it.

WheelieMan4
11-17-2006, 03:02 PM
Yea thats what I was thinking...should I reply to him? If so, what should I say?

2004exrider
11-17-2006, 03:12 PM
yes thats a scam, reply and tell him hes an idiot.

Jimmy

11-17-2006, 03:51 PM
tell him to send the money. if it works and you cash it and its legit then go for it...he cant take his money back once you cash it unless he knows someone everyone else doesnt??

NacsMXer
11-17-2006, 04:29 PM
SCAM! All these idiots have the same crappy english and grammar, it's so obvious

Sketchy words of interest:
"urgent"
"urgent respond"
"kindly"
"transaction"
"my working place" :rolleyes:
"check" checks are shady

I hate these dumbazzes :mad:

atvRiDa400ex
11-17-2006, 05:52 PM
tell him to go kill himself!:mad:

440bigborekit
11-17-2006, 05:55 PM
ask him what hes buying again be like which one of my items do you want again lol i bet you wont get a responce.

bulkdriverlp
11-17-2006, 06:00 PM
scam

derekhonda
11-17-2006, 07:51 PM
Tell him to bring cash, or else he has to wait a month for the check to clear before he can pick it up. But yes, usually their sketchy use of english is a dead give away. Would any of us on this website talk like this:

Thanks for your urgent respond
i dont want to delay this transaction i was hinted.
so i want your urgent response to forward out the check for cash ontime
i dont have options i have to abide with them

coolex
11-17-2006, 09:58 PM
scam i only do local pickup so i can meet the person im sellign to , and see the money upfront before i sell it

firefighterjosh
11-20-2006, 04:14 AM
If he sends you a check. The check clears and you get your money whats the problem then?

Just make sure your quad is locked up good. He might be coming after it:grr:

exrider008
11-20-2006, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
If he sends you a check. The check clears and you get your money whats the problem then?

Just make sure your quad is locked up good. He might be coming after it:grr:

yup, i dont see a problem if he sends u a check and it clears. just tell him to send u the check but tell him that you have to wait till it clears for him to be able to come get it.

WheelieMan4
11-20-2006, 06:34 AM
I sent him an email back and said "which item are you purchasing?" Haven't recieved one back yet...lol, so im pretty sure that it was a scam. Thanks.

gbcap
11-20-2006, 10:10 AM
i always give them an address of a buddy of mine that doesn't have any quads. i have heard of some of these people coming after your bikes after they have your address.

they want to you launder money for them. plain and simple. they send you a check for 10k and purchase something that is 2-3k. your supposed to give the rest of the money to the person that comes and gets your bike.

ILLEGAL. i am just waiting for someone to actually send me a check and it hasn't happend yet.

MentalState
11-20-2006, 12:39 PM
My best Borat impression..."NICE!".....

ask him to bring cash or no deal........

ilpadrino113
11-20-2006, 03:13 PM
If the check clears then there's no problem. NEVER give anyon anything if they pay by check and it hasn't cleared yet.

I'd also make sure whatever you're selling (if it's a quad/bike/ car/etc) was properly secured in case they just wanted your address so they could take it later.