Well its in the works she be shweet

pharit
11-18-2006, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by pharit
Well its in the works she be shweet

http://myspace-121.vo.llnwd.net/01442/12/19/1442779121_l.jpg

miller821
11-18-2006, 05:21 PM
Pretty cool, What about the water though? I mean its gonna collect up, or are you gonna make it to were it can drain?

pharit
11-18-2006, 07:43 PM
it has enough of an angle to were it won't collect in the trench

Ruby Soho
11-18-2006, 07:56 PM
nice!

TRX_450
11-18-2006, 08:34 PM
wait....are you using the trench for the landing?

pharit
11-19-2006, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by TRX_450
wait....are you using the trench for the landing?

hell no we are jumping outta the trench

pharit
11-19-2006, 04:20 PM
here we go

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/cbr600_kitty/IMG_1825-1.jpg http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/cbr600_kitty/IMG_1823.jpg http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/cbr600_kitty/IMG_1822.jpg http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/cbr600_kitty/IMG_1820.jpg http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/cbr600_kitty/IMG_1818.jpg

and a little video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R-pS2KaryA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h-29PzQYlU
What do you guys think? lookin for any advice on how to make the most outta this ramp and landing.

Thanks for lookin

BTW its not close to bein done.

MX MaNiAc 06
11-19-2006, 05:10 PM
Looks pretty cool. What are u gonna do with the rest of the dirt?

Mc. Muffin
11-19-2006, 05:13 PM
Defiantly kickass dude... Very different

400ex#18
11-19-2006, 05:21 PM
You should build a couple little kickers with all the other dirt! It would be soo sick! and make it a little track.

pharit
11-19-2006, 05:29 PM
ohh that landing isn't done yet. I'm only hittin that ramp about mid second. i wanna hit it near third pinned so i'll be building a bigger landing. Just goin to set by step until we are comfortable.

rockman
11-20-2006, 08:10 AM
heck ya! we'll be doin superman-cans in no time. lol

Rootar
11-20-2006, 12:23 PM
becareful in thrid gear you might find out that your ramp isnt made to be hit at that speed, i thought my old one was and my front bumper's skid drug and well im glad i had an insane safety or else i would have plowed right into the back of my landing, if you think im kidding just wait and youll find out for yourself:o jsut dont say you werent warned

just my personal experiece and btw yalls ramp has a tighter radius than mine did also.

good to see more people using my idea for a runway and then using the dirt for the landing.

rockman
11-20-2006, 12:44 PM
[i]good to see more people using my idea for a runway and then using the dirt for the landing. [/B]
AH ha, I couldn't remember who it was that I'd seen do that. I remember seeing your pics. Great idea!

pharit
11-20-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by rockman
AH ha, I couldn't remember who it was that I'd seen do that. I remember seeing your pics. Great idea!

Yep thanks rootar for the idea. But we'll definetly take your Pre-caution to use. The guys that had it before us said they where doin it ok in third gear and such though. Guess we'll have to find out

pharit
11-21-2006, 09:03 PM
did some more work for it today should have pics tomarrow hopfully

MX MaNiAc 06
11-23-2006, 08:32 AM
U should have the landing down under. U would get a lot more air.

Titanium
11-23-2006, 12:55 PM
Looks good...Me and another member off the site "Clutch22" just built a 25 foot table top and a somewhat decent sized double.

rockman
11-23-2006, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Titanium
Looks good...Me and another member off the site "Clutch22" just built a 25 foot table top and a somewhat decent sized double.
cool. we measured from the peak of the ramp to where we are landing its about 35 feet.
give or take a few inches

pharit
11-24-2006, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
U should have the landing down under. U would get a lot more air.

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?! GET THE **** OUTTA HERE MORE AIR, NO WAY!!!!

MX MaNiAc 06
11-24-2006, 05:25 PM
ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?! GET THE **** OUTTA HERE MORE AIR, NO WAY!!!!

When the landing is higher than the take off u launch up and land. When the landing is lower you launch up and drop a lot more. Trust me man, hate to kill ur self esteem but i think that makes the amount of air ur getting very deceiving. Id make the landing in the ground. But its not my ramp, do whatever u want.

rockman
11-24-2006, 06:49 PM
When the landing is higher than the take off u launch up and land. When the landing is lower you launch up and drop a lot more. Trust me man, hate to kill ur self esteem but i think that makes the amount of air ur getting very deceiving. Id make the landing in the ground. But its not my ramp, do whatever u want.
Wow dude he was making fun of you. LOL we know that but there is no way in hell i am going to jump INTO a trench. The whole reason we did it like this was because we wanted to take advantage of the dirt that hill provided. Wow

rockman
11-24-2006, 06:51 PM
When the landing is higher than the take off u launch up and land.
Dude its called a step-up.. we know

MX MaNiAc 06
11-24-2006, 07:19 PM
Dude its called a step-up.. we know

I know what a step up is numbnuts. Obviously the trench would need to be wider to jump into it. But u guys dont need anymore air by the tape of the dude on the yfz boner aired 3' high. Cant forget the sick look overs either. :eek2:

rockman
11-24-2006, 07:30 PM
I know what a step up is numbnuts. Obviously the trench would need to be wider to jump into it. But u guys dont need anymore air by the tape of the dude on the yfz boner aired 3' high. Cant forget the sick look overs either. :eek2:
Lets see first off that vid was the landing half the size it is now. Second off I don't see your dumb *** jumping any ramps period. so you can keep your dumb *** comments to yourself. I was trying to be a nice guy and let you know what he was saying before he got back on here and ripped you a new one, but no you had to be a jackass. F you dude, yes no hand landers and lookbacks are weak, we know this. If you are so BAD *** almighty fmx genious, post up some vids of yourself jackass.

rockman
11-24-2006, 07:31 PM
That landing is exactly how we designed it. the ramp is what needs changed. Yes we know the air is small right now, thats why we are going to move it back about 15 ft and angle the ramp up more. :rolleyes:

rlplive
11-24-2006, 07:58 PM
Man I say everyone just post pics and vids and let them do the talkin. No need to start a keyboard war.

pharit
11-24-2006, 07:59 PM

MX MaNiAc 06
11-24-2006, 08:23 PM
Look here ****face, i've been riding longer than you've been alive i bet and have probably forgot more seat time than you'll ever have. you think i don't know that is taking my air way. Thats simple physics.

And your right it is my ramp and i have done with it what i want, so you can quit hatin on me.

and like rockman said if your so bad *** where's your film, wheres your pics. I've had this ramp since the middle of the season, and just got around to settin it up.

Sorry i don't compare to your superior professional "MaNiAc" Dishwashin FMX skills yo.

But whatever dude your probably 14 and had to have your mommy and daddy "Sponsor" you to get your quad. So you can take you and your word outta here and shove it up your *** bro.

I dont care how long uve been riding. Just cuz uve ridden a long time doesnt mean ur automatically good. I should have some film in the next couple weeks. Just got a USB cord.

Those dishwashing skills have paid for the quad and everything on it. Mommy n daddy dont pay anything. I am 16.

rockman
11-24-2006, 08:28 PM
I am 16. Enough said, I'm done.

pharit
11-24-2006, 08:30 PM
Enough said, I'm done.

i'm done too

AtvKid4Eva
11-24-2006, 08:33 PM
So who's the mature one here? the ones using the F word every sentence of the one calmly explaining himself? you guys need to grow up of go to another site...Yet another decent thread gone pointless... And what does being 16 have to do with anything? when i was 16 i was WAY more mature than either of you guys are now... The kid gives you guys some advice and you flip out on him :rolleyes:

pharit
11-24-2006, 08:35 PM
Yeah i'll aplogize for my repost but whatever this sites full of posers anyway

rockman
11-24-2006, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by AtvKid4Eva
So who's the mature one here? the ones using the F word every sentence of the one calmly explaining himself? you guys need to grow up of go to another site...Yet another decent thread gone pointless... And what does being 16 have to do with anything? when i was 16 i was WAY more mature than either of you guys are now...
WOW:eek2: . So now we are the ones at fault here. :rolleyes: We were simply trying to share our experiance with some of the more considerate people on this site. When out of nowhere we start getting bad-mouthed about how we "should" have done it. Don't tell us how to do something you've never done yourself, if you don't want to read this thread DON'T OPEN IT!!!

AtvKid4Eva
11-24-2006, 08:38 PM
Im not taking sides at all im just saying its a dumb thing to fight over...I think thats a nicely built jump myself....

rockman
11-24-2006, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by AtvKid4Eva
Im not taking sides at all im just saying its a dumb thing to fight over...I think thats a nicely built jump myself.... Thank you

rockman
11-24-2006, 08:41 PM
But I WILL NOT apologize to mx maniac. Don't flame someone when you don't have ANY experiance with fmx AT ALL!! I can at least say I've hit a couple ramps. You won't see me pulling sick strippers or cordovas, but at least i'm learning.

MX MaNiAc 06
11-24-2006, 08:44 PM
WOW:eek2: . So now we are the ones at fault here. :rolleyes: We were simply trying to share our experiance with some of the more considerate people on this site. When out of nowhere we start getting bad-mouthed about how we "should" have done it. Don't tell us how to do something you've never done yourself, if you don't want to read this thread DON'T OPEN IT!!!

I gave advice, u went ape chit. I never told u that u had to do anything.

MX MaNiAc 06
11-24-2006, 08:48 PM
But I WILL NOT apologize to mx maniac. Don't flame someone when you don't have ANY experiance with fmx AT ALL!! I can at least say I've hit a couple ramps. You won't see me pulling sick strippers or cordovas, but at least i'm learning.

I can do nac nacs, ive tried a no footed can n didnt get my feet back, saran n didnt get back fast enough, nothings, almost got a heelclicker, looking for a big jump to do a superman.

pharit
11-24-2006, 08:56 PM
how'd we got ape ****, all i did was make a smart *** comment that you didn't get as a joke but you had to drop the ball and get it rollin

rlplive
11-25-2006, 09:45 AM
Hey guys you think this jump is too small to pull a superman off of?

Rootar
11-25-2006, 10:05 AM
Enough said, I'm done.

Alright alright lets settle down before someone reports this and someone gets the boot:ermm: ok mx maninac you were making smart@ss remarks, it says in the rules if you dont agree with someone or have a problem with what someones doing keep it to yourself, no one wants to read through 3 pages of people agrueing before its gets back on the topic,

as for you two guys come yall are acting silly you shouldnt have even responded to him and that would have been that honestly we look at the these boards to see what others are doing and accomplshing NOT to critisize each other, we all ride thats what this site is about, and it was pretty imature calling him out on his age, I was only 15 when i built this ramp (my first steek ramp and i designed and built it all on my own because my father wanted nothing to do with it and didnt think i would be able to on my own)

it was 5'tall 6 feet wide and 12 feet long 35* degree final angle

rlplive
11-25-2006, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Rootar
Alright alright lets settle down before someone reports this and someone gets the boot:ermm: ok mx maninac you were making smart@ss remarks, it says in the rules if you dont agree with someone or have a problem with what someones doing keep it to yourself, no one wants to read through 3 pages of people agrueing before its gets back on the topic,

as for you two guys come yall are acting silly you shouldnt have even responded to him and that would have been that honestly we look at the these boards to see what others are doing and accomplshing NOT to critisize each other, we all ride thats what this site is about, and it was pretty imature calling him out on his age, I was only 15 when i built this ramp (my first steek ramp and i designed and built it all on my own because my father wanted nothing to do with it and didnt think i would be able to on my own)

right on man, I am 25 and there are plenty of 16 year olds that can make me look like a p u s s y

Rootar
11-25-2006, 10:24 AM
now that we are back on topic and no one is gonna argue or flame anymore,

that ramp is pretty close to yalls ramp but i think yours is alittle steeper what i was saying when pulling it back much farther your gonna find its going to preload you alot more so when you start puling it back dont do it all at once maybe three or four feet at a time your gonna find the limit and youll definetly know because your front bumper will hit the surface of the ramp and its not just gonnna slide over like it would on a dirt jump its going to dig in.

you can try a few things to prevent this, crank your preload rings on your shocks all the way up, run about 12-15 pounds of air in your front tires helps alot, or you try to stay over the back as your going up the ramp but youll never beable to do tricks becasue as soon as you go off youll have to get over the handle bars to level it out and be ready to land,

ultimitaly i had to redo my ramp if you remember i had a thread showing exaclty what i did its now 6' 4" tall and 6 feet wide and 17 feet long with the same 35 degree final angle , i have had this ramp back to 55 feet so far and it was smooth as glass. if you guys ever find you need more air than your can get with your ramp take a good side picture, get me the exact measurements and ill put it into our cad program at school and find the easiest way to modifiy it and get a much longer and taller ramp. dont be discouraged that ramp should keep you guys plenty busy at its max for a good 8 months to a year.

rockman
11-25-2006, 10:28 AM
now that we are back on topic and no one is gonna argue or flame anymore,

that ramp is pretty close to yalls ramp but i think yours is alittle steeper what i was saying when pulling it back much farther your gonna find its going to preload you alot more so when you start puling it back dont do it all at once maybe three or four feet at a time your gonna find the limit and youll definetly know because your front bumper will hit the surface of the ramp and its not just gonnna slide over like it would on a dirt jump its going to dig in.

you can try a few things to prevent this, crank your preload rings on your shocks all the way up, run about 12-15 pounds of air in your front tires helps alot, or you try to stay over the back as your going up the ramp but youll never beable to do tricks becasue as soon as you go off youll have to get over the handle bars to level it out and be ready to land,

ultimitaly i had to redo my ramp if you remember i had a thread showing exaclty what i did its now 6' 4" tall and 6 feet wide and 17 feet long with the same 35 degree final angle , i have had this ramp back to 55 feet so far and it was smooth as glass. if you guys ever find you need more air than your can get with your ramp take a good side picture, get me the exact measurements and ill put it into our cad program at school and find the easiest way to modifiy it and get a much longer and taller ramp. dont be discouraged that ramp should keep you guys plenty busy at its max for a good 8 months to a year.

Yeah we are already going to move it back about 7-10ft. And probably change the angle the ramp sits at so it kicks a little higher. I have no problems hitting it in 3rd right now. we'll just have to see how it goes from here.

Rootar
11-25-2006, 10:28 AM
hey rlplive what gear are you hitting that jump in ? looks like about 30-35 feet about 3rd gear

MX MaNiAc 06
11-25-2006, 10:53 AM

I know u have probly been asked a lot but how much did it cost u to make that ramp? I have a welder and getting better at welding so i am thinking about making a ramp.

rlplive
11-25-2006, 10:58 AM
hey rlplive what gear are you hitting that jump in ? looks like about 30-35 feet about 3rd gear
hittin it pinned in 2nd, you come off a burm and then a small set od doubles then that jump, so I keep it in 2nd to keep my revs up

pharit
11-27-2006, 12:54 PM
booya stuck a heel clicker satuday

pharit
11-27-2006, 10:54 PM
http://myspace-337.vo.llnwd.net/01488/73/37/1488897337_l.jpg

Blue_Streak23
12-07-2006, 02:21 PM
i have always wanted to do that, but feared it would fill with water...

trxridr
12-07-2006, 03:53 PM
ya how do you not have water in it? is it pitched out or do you have a drain????:eek2:

pharit
12-07-2006, 05:35 PM
its angled to where the water runs out.

sic250x
12-08-2006, 05:23 PM
man, i live within a couple hours of you, i should come hit it with you in spring, if thats cool, i have always wanted to hit a ramp, once i got comfortable with it i would start busting stuff

pharit
12-08-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by sic250x
man, i live within a couple hours of you, i should come hit it with you in spring, if thats cool, i have always wanted to hit a ramp, once i got comfortable with it i would start busting stuff

thats cool man just don't get hurt out here