PDA

View Full Version : new parts need some help?

hawaiikfx400
11-17-2006, 03:44 AM
today i ordered a houser +2 stem and was wondering if this is somthing hard to install or is it easy enough to do myself if so any tips would be great did search and couldnt find much.second ? i bought a 13T sprocket.i read the stock chain does not come apart do i need to get a chain tool to cut the chain or just remove stock sprocket and install 13T then tighten chain well please excuse the fact that this ? has been asked 100 times but im new and dont have any one i know to help or ride with so you all are my go to guys.and thanks again to all you guys.you are helping the sport wold wide with the help you guys do on site big thanks to all.

indyZrider
11-17-2006, 05:50 AM
for the sprocket you will need to loosen the sprocket bolts while the chain is on it then just loosen your chain by the adjusters on the swinger and take the chain off the sprocket, switch them out then tighten the chain back up. for the steering stem you will need to unbolt the oil tank and the radiator just to ba eable to push them out of the way. also take off the front plastics. its an easy thing to do just time consuming.

hawaiikfx400
11-18-2006, 03:52 AM
so the stock chain length is fine thanks man for the help i was told by the dealership for the stem i need to remove the gas tank.but it sounds like i dont need to.also the stock brake lines are fine from what i was told on another post i made.just want to double check everything to make it easier to install.thanks

alaskaZ
11-18-2006, 01:23 PM
yes the stock bake lines will work fine depending on how tallyour bars are but you should be good to go

northwest Texas
11-18-2006, 07:57 PM
You can do it, how else you gonna learn?

don't cut your chain to install the front sprocket, just loosen the chain. You can get by with moving with a couple teeth different with the stock chain length.