PDA

View Full Version : Riding place's near Charlotte,NC?

jimanold22
11-16-2006, 11:49 PM
Hey guys just wondering if there's any riding area's or tracks around here.

mole97
11-17-2006, 01:10 AM
try atvnc.com or ncdirtriders.com . I don't live there ,but I did and remember those sites. They have a bunch of nice tracks.

11-17-2006, 05:33 AM
http://www.kbarmatvanddirtbikepark.com/

Near Gaffney SC

TarheelRedRider
11-17-2006, 06:26 AM
Yeah there are plenty of good places to ride. I live about 25 mins fro CLT. If you like you can get up with my crew and go ridding sometime. We ride just about every weekend and bout once a month we go to new atv park or just go to Durham Town in Georgia 4 hours away. TnT is a pretty good place just about 45mins from CLT in SC. Also Brushy Mnt just above Hickory which is bout an hour from CLT. Theres K-Bar-M in Blacksburg SC great trails sorry track but Iron City in Blasksburg has a great pro track.

11-17-2006, 09:05 AM
I'd love to go check out Brushy.

TarheelRedRider
11-17-2006, 10:03 AM
Its pretty cool, little bit on the ruff side. Lots of rocky trails. But they have some killer jumps built into the trails.

exrider44
11-17-2006, 10:52 AM
Any sand trails down there?

TarheelRedRider
11-17-2006, 12:37 PM
You have to go closer to the coast. I bleive there is a atv park close to Kitty Hawk NC with some dunes. I dont care for the sand too much. I like getting dirty and muddy and love to be king of the hill.

luvmyex
11-17-2006, 03:15 PM
theres busco beach if you want sand. i agree with checking out www.atvnc.com for locals to ride with and places to ride. really a great bunch over there. there is carolina adventure world 30 mins south of charlotte that is gonna be opening soon. i think they are going to have a small opening in december. i have another secret invite comming up. that place is gonna be the bomb when is fully going. brushy is about the best trail system in nc right now.they have a decent track too. which is being rebuilt now.

redzoomer
11-19-2006, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by exrider44
Any sand trails down there?

In South Carolina, there is Manchester! it's over toward Sumter. It isn't dune type just sandy trails. And there's always Wambaw down close to Charleston SC.

TarheelRedRider
11-19-2006, 09:59 AM
Ill stick to red clay.

squadie
11-20-2006, 06:33 PM
There's a new place opening in late December, between Charlotte and Columbia off I-77. Check out

www.carolinaadventureworld.com

Maybe somebody could post a review after riding there.

TarheelRedRider
11-20-2006, 08:47 PM
Yeah but it dont have any tracks. I like both trails and a good track for the sport quads. Most of the time when there is just trails at an atv park the 4x4 quads have ripped the trails a new one and my quad will just fall into a dang mud hole up to my neck. I love a good technical trail but I do like to go fast and not spend all day finding my way around 4ft ruts and 4ft mud holes. But it is new so Im sure it will be some good ridding for a short time. Thats whats so great about Brushy Mnt, they frawn on big 4x4 quads with monster tires. Dont get me wrong the utilitys quads are bad ***, a friend I ride with sometimes has the baddest outlander 800 but dang he can do some damage to a trail. I hate to get behide him. Im talking 40ft roost in the mud.

luvmyex
11-21-2006, 08:30 PM
i have rode there. and will be able to give a updated review in another week or so:D the trails are awesome. they are in the process now of building a track. and i belive plan on having 3 or 3 tracks total. when this place is complete (in a couple years) it will be one of the best spots on the east coast.

TarheelRedRider
11-22-2006, 08:00 AM
Good deal. Sounds like a winner to me.

jimanold22
11-22-2006, 10:37 PM
TarheelRedRider I would definately like to get up with ya.Where abouts near CLT you live?Im down in wingate near monroe.I got a banshee 4mm storker RZ conversion i'm doing that should be ready in the next few weeks, a blaster with alot of mods,2000 rm 125,and a 2001yz 250.Hit me up.When ya'll going riding again?

luvmyex
11-26-2006, 04:05 PM
well i got to see alot more of C.A.W. on saturday. this place has some GREAT trails.it was a bit wet in spots from the 5+" of rain in the last week but not bad for cept at the creek crossings. i highly recommed it when it opens fully in march. plus a opening day dec 22. only bad thing about it is 2 way trails.