PDA

View Full Version : YFZ450 Carb

protegespecter
11-16-2006, 10:27 PM
Is it possible to the YFZ450's carb onto the trx450 in know that you can put the crf carb's on but what about the yfz.
thanks

ghott
11-17-2006, 06:25 AM
Yes I believe you can.

I know you will not be able to wire the Hot Start up to the 39mm FCR YFZ450 Carb tho.

The only other piece you need is the NOSS Adapter I believe....so that the FCR Carb will mount up to the stock intake.

protegespecter
11-17-2006, 11:42 AM
Good stuff I figured you would need the adapter, I never have to use my hotstart anyways or even my choke for that matter I love that good ol' honda reliability its a one kick bike. Will the carb being 2mm smaller make any difference in performance??

jshtex
11-17-2006, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by ghott
Yes I believe you can.

I know you will not be able to wire the Hot Start up to the 39mm FCR YFZ450 Carb tho.

The only other piece you need is the NOSS Adapter I believe....so that the FCR Carb will mount up to the stock intake.

I bet you could just purchase the optional hot start kit for the yfz and hook it up to the carb. I have a buddy with a kicker on his yfz and he has the hot start on it.

The question is what (If anything) do you do with the TPS.

MAaudioX10
11-17-2006, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by protegespecter
Good stuff I figured you would need the adapter, I never have to use my hotstart anyways or even my choke for that matter I love that good ol' honda reliability its a one kick bike. Will the carb being 2mm smaller make any difference in performance??

The 450R carb is actually 3 mm bigger (prior to 06). Don't let the size of the carb fool you. First off, your comparing 2 completely different carbs. The FCR carb will flow more CFM. FCR's don't use a butterfly door. Thus, moving the slide closer to the intake. Throttle response will increase drastically. This is where the YFZ gets its "instant power" or "instant snap". Just has wicked throttle response.

If I was you, I'd look for a carb off of an 06-07 450R. Those are 40mm FCR carbs.

buck naked-r
11-17-2006, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by ghott
Yes I believe you can.

The only other piece you need is the NOSS Adapter I believe....so that the FCR Carb will mount up to the stock intake. blue

yes you can connect the hot start........they have a cap screwed on to that you just have to take out and screw in your stock cable