PDA

View Full Version : OK...Tire help...Again...I RAZRS???

wildheer
11-16-2006, 08:36 PM
I know the tire issue has come up numerous times but i have not really seen that good of info on the IRAZR radial tires. I have RAZR2's on the front and rear. I want new rear tires cause they are 2 aggressive for the riding i do. They are big, heavy and have really deep lugs. Sometimes they even push the front end they grab so good. I am thinking about the regular razrs or the Irazrs. I know the I's are also very heavy, even more than the 2's. but im wondering if the better ride is worth it. But i also wonder how they feel in the corners. do they slide when you want them to? are the sidewalls sturdy enough to hold up during aggressive sliding and turning? does the weight rob too much power? How do they compare to the reg RAZRS or XCR's. Anyone with real experience with these?
thanks for any advice or comments
06ER

ghott
11-16-2006, 09:25 PM
I don't know much about them, and nothing first hand.

I've heard many people that love them...but also hear they wear very very fast.

Tedgnya
11-16-2006, 11:02 PM
I just put a set of them on the rear with razer 2 in front. The IRazers work very well, I am running 2.75 pounds in them. They do hook up very well yet are easy to slide. I ride hardpack and clay. I have almost no issues with traction with them. The extra weight isn't much really. I don't notice them robbing me for power. sometimes they do push the front as well b ut not too often.

As for wear, I cant tell you yet how they do as I have ridden them a few times. We will see.

N300exJ
11-17-2006, 03:40 AM
I have a set of Irazrs on my 450r right now. They are very good for hardpack and intermediate terrain. In sand and loose pack they are terrible though. Sliding everywhere if you push to hard. And yes they do wear fast. I plan on going back to razr2's. there better for the sand here in NJ.......

11-17-2006, 05:45 AM
i have them on my 450r...probably the best tire i have had...very easy to slide, but yet get the forward bite when you need it...the very first true ride(not break in) on the new 450r was with i razrs...it was the first weekend in march and we there was some snow and mud mixed. nothing slowed me down, traction was great all around...

they wear very fast and both of mine have small air leaks in them somewhere...i will be going to razr2's or something else as soon as these wear out...which won't be long

infantry317
11-17-2006, 06:08 AM
I personally think the hot setup is Razr2 fronts and Razr rears. The regular razr's slide better. My friend has some I-Razr fronts, they suck..

TarheelRedRider
11-17-2006, 06:57 AM
Im on my second set and I have used almost every type of tire out there and these are by far the best for me. I ride very aggressive on the trails and they slide when I need them to and bite when I need them to. They work pretty good on tracks but not as good as holeshots but they are probley the best all around tires I have ever used. They do wear fast though due to the soft compound. I like that they are 6ply. Im always the one having to help out my friends when they pop there sorry 4ply tires. Plus they look mean as hell. :devil: It all depends on type of surfaces you are ridding on. I ride on all hard packed to rocky here in NC and SC. The sidewalls work great for really rutted areas and they do good in the clay mud.

y3llow400ex
11-17-2006, 07:06 AM
razr rears and razr 2 fronts hear, awsome set up. i know alot of people that run it and love it