PDA

View Full Version : Need help tightening chain

fastyz85
11-16-2006, 04:02 PM
hey guys my chain has gotten really really loose so im asking how i tighten my chain on my 400.i know you can take links out but i was wondering what other ways to tighten my chain.thanks

jordan_m6
11-16-2006, 04:12 PM
if you can no longer adjust the tention then its time for a new one. Don't ride on a wore out chain. Its no fun for the rider behind you when they have to dodge a chain.

but if you dont know how to adjust the tention. Then, i am no help to you cause i dont know how to explain it.

Doibugu2
11-16-2006, 04:22 PM
There are four allen bolts on your swingarm. Loosen them up. You just have to loosen them and not take them out.

Then next to the sproket is place where you can stick a screwdriver or something large and you pull it back then tighten up the allen bolts.

Not the best explaination but if you look I think you can figure it out. It also tells you in your manual how to do it.

kurtdsmith13
11-16-2006, 08:01 PM
LIke he said lossen the 4 allen screws, and on the left side of the swingarm there is an adjuster with slots in it. Turn it backwards to tighten. I use a 16in pair of channelocks, or a big pipe wrench. Make sure you measure it or have some one sit on the bike when you check it. I have even done it in the back of my truck with a ratchet strap on the grab bar to the bumper and tighten it so you know if your chain is to tight when you hit a big jump.

fastyz85
11-17-2006, 06:36 PM
thanks guys i got the chain tight thanks to all your guys advice.thanks a lot