PDA

View Full Version : Snell Help

red2004 TRX450R
11-16-2006, 02:41 PM
I just got a troy lee helmet form a well known atv/mx mail order company.

I took the liner out of it and there is a snell M2000 sticker in side that says
"some reasable foreseeable impacts may exceed this helmets capability to protect against sever injury or death. and sample of the helmet model has passed snell standards and so certified. and a serial no.

but stamped all over the sticker is VOID

what is up with the VOID all over it!!!

on the back is a dot and a snell m2000 sticker.

help!!

red2004 TRX450R
11-17-2006, 09:13 AM
well I called the Snell Memorial Foundation and they told me that the helmet is m2000 certified and that some one must have removed the sticker and stuck it back on. because when that happens it will read void. I guess people steal stickers to make a non snell helmet pass tech.

They answered the phone on the second ring and helped my right away, they even offered to send me a letter stating that the helmet was certified. or if that did not make me happy to call TLD or the place i bought it and they should make it right.
he said it very rare to see that with a new helmet.

The snell memorial foundation get 4 stars for customer service!!!!!

:D

mx428
11-17-2006, 09:41 AM
That means the sticker was removed probably in an attempt to put it on a non certified helmet. As long as the sticker on the outside of the shell is in tact I wouldn't worry about it.

**EDIT** didn't see your 2nd post.

PismoLocal
11-17-2006, 02:39 PM
Hmm... Interesting info I'm going to have to check out my TLD helmet that I just bought and see If I'm in the same boat.