PDA

View Full Version : Need some help getting these a-arms on!

awsomeaussies
11-16-2006, 01:05 PM
Never thought putting a-arms on would be such a hassel:o I just bought some Burgard lt a-arms and replaced them with my Denton st a-arms. The bottom Burgard a-arms went on great, but I can't seem to get the tops to even mount up at all. I'm also not positive on which upper a-arm goes on which side.... here's a pic
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/awsomeaussies206/quads/DCP_1156.jpg
I'm pretty sure the a-arm on the right side of the picture goes on the right side of the quad, if you were looking at it. That way the ball joint is angled alittle towards the back. Is that right:confused:

And anybody have some ideas of getting these top a-arms on? It seems like there quite a bit off.
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/awsomeaussies206/quads/DCP_1157.jpg

11-16-2006, 01:25 PM
The part of the A-arm that has the bigger bend in it goes closer to the rear of the quad.

awsomeaussies
11-16-2006, 01:46 PM
That's what I thought too, since my Denton a-arms where like that. But these ones are so close I can't tell.

Aceman
11-16-2006, 04:43 PM
Are those used or new? Did you ask the person you bought them from how they fit on his quad? If they're new, Burgard is on the hook and needs to straighten this out. Looks like their a-arm jig was off that day.

awsomeaussies
11-16-2006, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
Are those used or new? Did you ask the person you bought them from how they fit on his quad? If they're new, Burgard is on the hook and needs to straighten this out. Looks like their a-arm jig was off that day.

I bought them on ebay used, but Burgard was selling them:confused: They have all new bushings and balljoints too... so I'm still confused. lol

awsomeaussies
11-16-2006, 07:00 PM
Ok, I finally got them on. Well... one side at least:p I had to shave the bushings a hair. And then unscrew the ends of the a-arms (not sure what there called) I didn't want as much thread sticking out like it is, but that was the only way I could get it in. There's maybe a half an inch of thread showing, is that ok?

ECATV Raptor
11-16-2006, 07:30 PM
I have about 1/2 inch of thread showing on mine.

Aceman
11-16-2006, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by awsomeaussies
Ok, I finally got them on. Well... one side at least:p I had to shave the bushings a hair. And then unscrew the ends of the a-arms (not sure what there called) I didn't want as much thread sticking out like it is, but that was the only way I could get it in. There's maybe a half an inch of thread showing, is that ok?

Wow, I'm just impressed your a girl....and you're doing all of your own wrenching!:macho

awsomeaussies
11-16-2006, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
Wow, I'm just impressed your a girl....and you're doing all of your own wrenching!:macho

Wouldn't have it any other way:D

awsomeaussies
11-16-2006, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by ECATV Raptor
I have about 1/2 inch of thread showing on mine.

ok, I'm pretty sure it will be fine. Now the hard part, getting the camber and caster perfect:mad:

azracer95
11-17-2006, 07:59 AM
Just remember to set your caster first then the camber. Once they are both set you can set the toe.