PDA

View Full Version : Stage 1 Cam

tstrenuous10
11-16-2006, 10:05 AM
Is there a how-to on doing this swap? I found some decently priced and if I can do it myself I might upgrade from stock.

Selland74
11-16-2006, 10:15 AM
i just did my first one. only took a couple hours. i dont know what kind of cam it is, but you could use the instructions from the hotcams website. there's even a video.

lpmaster
11-16-2006, 10:15 AM
yes, just check out hotcams website, it gives you very detailed instructions, you will be able to do it yourself just fine.

few tips

hold the cam chain up with a wire so it doesnt fall

make sure the lines on the cam sprocket are lined up with the head

and be sure to loc-tite the sprocket bolts in place

you'll know what im talking about when you get in there

Selland74
11-16-2006, 10:28 AM
when i put mine together the cam gear marks were horizontal, and the head is tilted slightly. this isnt wrong is it? nothing binds in the motor and it runs fine. i dont think i jumped a tooth

lpmaster
11-16-2006, 10:35 AM
theres threee marks

and even though the head is is slandted the the marks on the right and left will be parallel with the top of the head and the top one will be perpindicular(sp)

as long as your flywheel was on your timing mark when you started and finished, and the quad is running fine your ok....if you notice, unless you move the the flywheel or the cam chain falls of the crank sprocket theres only 2 places the sprocket can go on the camshaft, and either one will be fine......atleast i think....since your cam decides which stroke your on and there is 2 tdc per stroke....im kind of new to this so.....but if it works dont fix it

jordan_m6
11-16-2006, 04:31 PM
as long as your cam lobes where still pointing down after you installed the sprocket you should be fine, but make sure you where TDC.