PDA

View Full Version : Well the mini has impressed us!!!

dirtmomma
11-16-2006, 08:28 AM
Well we did some motor work along w/ a new carb to my son's Kasea 50 & all I can say is WOW what a difference :D:D:D
He raced it this past weeknd for the 1st time since the mods & it was scooting along awesome it LAUNCHES off the line now:macho like I've never seen!!!
WE still haven't gotten the nerfs moved back yet :o & ew are going to drill the clutches I guess before the next race but Trevor LOVES it!! Unbelivable the difference in sound, it's much more throatier now. WE may do some porting 1/2 way thru the season but we'll see, we just want him to break it in & get used to it for now, he's NOT riding it to it's potential but he will be soon :) he got faster w/ every lap in fact he scooting now so it's high siding :eek2: :ermm: so we had to "redneck" lower it for his main haha tied the back w/ a strap so needless to say we are going to make some lowering kits also this weeeknd, we are also thinking of putting a sway bar on it to make him more stable & us feel better ;) the track he races on it rough so it would help him I think plus it'll look "cool" according to him hahaha

Anyway here's a pic of him waiting to go out & practice, he has his "race face" on here LOL

Another big THANKS to Ed from LUCKY 7 RACING!!!

dirtmomma
11-16-2006, 08:38 AM
WOW i"m just having a heck of a time LOL lets try this one :o http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid218/p39a634a4043da81077833cdb01b1c3c1/ec064cc3.jpg

dirtmomma
11-16-2006, 09:37 AM
Here's one of him coming down the straight :) I have LOTS of practice to do w/ the new camera :o i'll get it right one of these days hahahttp://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid218/p514f142b519a2b302cc98f35c2afd602/ec062610.jpg

kasea90cc
11-16-2006, 08:23 PM
now that you have more power put kasea 90cc tranny gears in ,if you havnt allready, this helps alot.

QuadJunkies
11-17-2006, 12:04 AM
Kimmers, you like those front tires for FT?? Do they push at all??
Ive never been fond of that set up in the front, but I see others must.
Glad the mods are wokring out for you. :) I heard Monroe started .Our indoor track starts up this wk end .

dirtmomma
11-17-2006, 07:53 AM
QJ as for the front tires he's so light that I don't think they push for him, would like to try something different but them babies are brand new haha, we just figured the front was a little pushy due to the offset of the wheels & spacers together, cuz it does push w/ me on it so once the nerfs are fixed then I think we are going to take the spacers up front off. If you have any other suggestions LMK :) He wants the kart rears & 19" fronts now I think haha he seen a couple like that @ the races :)

YES this pic is @ Monroe, we seen Lance he stopped & said HI I think there were a few Idaho riders but not sure there was A HUGE Pro class, 20 riders :eek2: DJ took 2nd B main not bad for a 1st timer in that class on that track :) that's where you find out how good you can ride that's for sure!!! He sucked :eek2: in his 450 race but had people pushing shoving ect. he got mad LOL you can tell cuz his racing went to chit!!!

Hmmm so 90 gears huh?? Why is this?? Just curious :)

dirtmomma
11-17-2006, 09:43 AM
Hey QJ what gearing do you guys run on your mini's for the short tracks??? I'm trying to order up some gearing I HATE GEARING LOL right now he has 18/35 & 18/32 we are running the 18/32 now, but it needs just a little bit more legs??!! WE were thinking of going & ordering a 19 & 20 T front & 36T rear does this sound like it'll help him?? these mini's confuse me :o

QuadJunkies
11-17-2006, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Hey QJ what gearing do you guys run on your mini's for the short tracks??? I'm trying to order up some gearing I HATE GEARING LOL right now he has 18/35 & 18/32 we are running the 18/32 now, but it needs just a little bit more legs??!! WE were thinking of going & ordering a 19 & 20 T front & 36T rear does this sound like it'll help him?? these mini's confuse me :o
Ill aks Troy what gearing he ran for Brandon and let ya know! I cant remember as he experiments alot,but I know our tracks have similarities so Ill be sure and let you know ;)

Im sure he brought some riders, I heard some talk about a few coming out to race.
Troys racing tomorrow night in Pro class. Me and the kids are spectating and Ill shoot some pics maybe .
Thats going to be VERY HARD :( Ived racd it for 4 years now and now I sit and WATCH.
weird...

Hey, did I read someone stole your 450??!!!:eek: Did they find it ?

Spider 171
11-17-2006, 11:17 AM
It looks like pretty hard pack but just a suggestion for trial is to switch the front to back for now. Also have you thought of some soft compound lawn tires, they are really cheap, low profile. Many sixes, for 7" or 8" rims., and then run the turfs up front. Also are your stock rims 2 piece cause for ice racing I took my sons apart, and put the two wide sections together, for the rear, widened the tire more studs contact ice and for the front the two narrow pieces, then drilled a 1/4"? hole and put in a valve stem which helped narrow the fronts and make them taller like the big bikes. this helped you don't need as much contact in the front and it worked perfect. I understand it's not ice but I think this sort of set-up with lawn tires in rear, and narrow turf tamers, or stockers up front would help. Go with wheel spacers stability, or I heard the 06' Drx single A-arms are cheap, and 2+ wider? I believe they will fit, check twice LOL. I mean king pin or the other bolt style. Cheap alternatives. Good luck!

90cc tranny gears are more speed, we ran them in our 50.

QuadJunkies
11-17-2006, 11:28 AM
19/28 when he had his 70 kit and when he got a 90 motor we went to a 20/28.But dont go to a 20 with a 50-70 kit cause it wont have the power to push that gearing.This is what we used for FT racing only.
You probably already know but one tooth in front is equal to 3 in the rear.Its less work on the motor gearing the rear.Its better to go down on the rear especially with the mins if you can swing it .
Hope this helps :)
We have always ran 19 inch holeshots upfront and a shredder in the rear. Now that our track is loose and sandy it works welll.
last year,had our track Blue grooved alot, we would have had to look into another set up.They changed the dirt up abit so we only got some blue groove towards the end of the season.

etondaddy
11-17-2006, 11:38 AM
Thats what I run on Kyle's 70cc 19/28 It comes out of the hole like a rocket. And just plain flys.
http://home.comcast.net/~dale08/wsb/media/306643/site1169.jpg

BradLoomis
11-17-2006, 12:46 PM
18 - 32 = 1.78:1
18 - 35 = 1.94:1 Quickest ratio
19 - 36 = 1.89:1
20 - 36 = 1.80:1
19 - 28 = 1.47:1 Fastest ratio

The other real big contributing factor is tire roll out. The larger the tire the lower the ratio. So I take the circumference of the tire and divide it by the ratio for the final roll out.

19 - 28 ratio with 16" Snow Hogs ( 50" ) = 33.93
19 - 28 ratio with 18" Snow Hogs ( 54" ) = 36.64
19 - 28 ratio with 18" Duro Predator ( 59" ) = 40.04

So the 40.04 would roll out to the fastest top speed but would also raise the ride height and add more weight because of the larger tire. Using this equation I can find the same overall roll out for the 16" Snow hogs to lower my height and lessen the weight.

20 - 25 = 1.25:1
50" / 1.25 = 40.00 which is essentially the same as 40.04

Air pressure also plays a major part of the circumference of a tire.

I hope this can help some and good luck up north.

dirtmomma
11-17-2006, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by BradLoomis
18 - 32 = 1.78:1
18 - 35 = 1.94:1 Quickest ratio
19 - 36 = 1.89:1
20 - 36 = 1.80:1
19 - 28 = 1.47:1 Fastest ratio

The other real big contributing factor is tire roll out. The larger the tire the lower the ratio. So I take the circumference of the tire and divide it by the ratio for the final roll out.

19 - 28 ratio with 16" Snow Hogs ( 50" ) = 33.93
19 - 28 ratio with 18" Snow Hogs ( 54" ) = 36.64
19 - 28 ratio with 18" Duro Predator ( 59" ) = 40.04

So the 40.04 would roll out to the fastest top speed but would also raise the ride height and add more weight because of the larger tire. Using this equation I can find the same overall roll out for the 16" Snow hogs to lower my height and lessen the weight.

20 - 25 = 1.25:1
50" / 1.25 = 40.00 which is essentially the same as 40.04

Air pressure also plays a major part of the circumference of a tire.

I hope this can help some and good luck up north.

:eek2: ;) :eek2: :p Thanks!! I'll relay this to Ron LOL I don't even want to mess w/ all those numbers!!

dirtmomma
11-17-2006, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Ill aks Troy what gearing he ran for Brandon and let ya know! I cant remember as he experiments alot,but I know our tracks have similarities so Ill be sure and let you know ;)

Im sure he brought some riders, I heard some talk about a few coming out to race.
Troys racing tomorrow night in Pro class. Me and the kids are spectating and Ill shoot some pics maybe .
Thats going to be VERY HARD :( Ived racd it for 4 years now and now I sit and WATCH.
weird...

Hey, did I read someone stole your 450??!!!:eek: Did they find it ?

YEP it SUCKS sitting in the stands haha, but then again there is ALOT less stress!!! Tell TRoy GOOD LUCK!!
Hmmmm YEP they stole Ron's Honda Civic car last night :grr: :mad: :grr: but HE found it & it's OK, the guy got away, there was an altercation but when the guy lunged @ Ron in a dark laundry room Ron jumped back cuz he didn't know if he had a knife or worse well come to find out the guy did have a gun :eek2: So I'm just glad it's over!! Scary stuff

kasea90cc
11-17-2006, 08:05 PM
the 90cc gears are a taller gear ratio,all the race 50s and 70s i know run 90 gears, dirt momma have you takin you son to oakwood in spanaway?, we're doing that series now , there a few racers from marysville.

dirtmomma
11-18-2006, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by kasea90cc
the 90cc gears are a taller gear ratio,all the race 50s and 70s i know run 90 gears, dirt momma have you takin you son to oakwood in spanaway?, we're doing that series now , there a few racers from marysville.

Thanks :) No no Oakwood for us we are in our flattrack winter series out @ Monroe, we USED to go to Oakwood every weekend for FT & scrambles but then we went to only racing FT I LOVE that place though & do miss it. It is just a PIA to set them up for mx then have to tear them down for FT every other race!! Maybe someday we'll make it out there again,