PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum Air Box or not???

rubnmenon
11-16-2006, 08:05 AM
hey i have a raptor 660 and i have a jetkit, full exhaust system, uni air filter and the stock air box with no lid....

Now im thinking on buy a aluminum air box but i have this one question: will it make a big difference?? will i feel the difference if i install a aluminum air box or what will be the difference?????

please help me with that.................................

NVMYRC
11-16-2006, 09:37 AM
You will not get any benefit at all. The only time you could is if you were still using the stock intake and this box had a larger plenum/intake that the filter attaches too. Or if the box had ram air and was pressurized. You can only pressurize at speed so that pretty much rules that out. I see that you already have a uni-filter but is it the larger intake than stock? If not you could change that and re-jet again for the benefit. Other than that don't waste your money on the aluminum airbox. There is no benefit.

Craig,

rubnmenon
11-16-2006, 11:20 AM
the uni filter i have is the same size as the original is, so ur telling me i should put a bigger filter on?????

and i have the stock base for the filter, or how is that thing called??

Colt45_03Raptor
12-09-2006, 12:28 PM
I dont agree with that. Me and a buddy of mine both have raptors. We both have many after market mods. We use our experieces and our raptor will run with 700 chiped(still 660cc). the only difference in them is different brand of exhaust and i have an aluminum airbox by UM RACING. Mine will out run his and has a faster take off.

Mine

gytr exhaust
Jet kit (custom)
aluminum airbox w k@n
High rev computer (just added)

His
HMF exhaust
Jet kit (custom)
Pro flow kit W with filter
high rev computer