PDA

View Full Version : Utility Racing

firefighterjosh
11-16-2006, 02:06 AM
I am just getting into Utility racing. In fact I do not even have my utility quad yet lol. Still looking for a good deal.

Just wondering who all on this site races Utility? Do you know of any Utility or utility Racing forums?

I notice utility isn't real big yet, but I think it looks like a blast.

I will be racing D 15 HS and GPs and I might try a few GNCCs. (still thinking about WPSA events...too much Mula these days)

Anybody have any tips or tricks?

Thanks all,:D

the glassman
11-16-2006, 02:59 PM
nothing to add but was thinking about racing utes also so.
but im not finding much info on them either.

30and up class.:D

rundrave
11-16-2006, 03:15 PM
get a big bumper that you can use to make your own way and run over small trees with and something that can still take a beating for when you run into the big trees.
It helps to avoid bottlenecks when you can just plow over or through something and being able to run over trees can save you some time.

good quality tires are a must, beadlocks if money permits

before getting engine mods etc...focus on suspension first. Speed helps but when your riding machines this heavy for 2+hrs a good suspension will really help with rider fatigue.
shocks, steering stabilizers make a huge difference.

get skid plates and a-arm guards

know your machine and go over everything with a fine tooth comb. And try to have 2 of everything because you never know when somethings gonna get bent or wrecked lol

good luck

the glassman
11-16-2006, 03:25 PM
sweet. Ive been trying to find some pics of some race utes to see what people are doing to them but no luck so far.
there isnt much atv racing in my state so i cant justify traveling to just watch.

does any one run a honda rincon or are the can ams the way to go.

or does it even matter what make you run.