PDA

View Full Version : Do you think there is a cure for Cancer?

Quad18star
11-15-2006, 09:53 PM
Just like the title says , who thinks there is a cure for cancer out there ? Who thinks there isn't? What's your thoughts about it ?

450r51
11-15-2006, 09:58 PM
i beleive there might be a cure, but not just right now, like there will be a cure for hiv/aids in the future.

also i beleive we should be doing more stem cell research, instead of less!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

awsomeaussies
11-15-2006, 10:55 PM
I've heard different rumors that there is a cure for "types" of cancer. The government makes millions a year if not more, off of cancer treatments and purscriptions... so from the governments prespective, why should they let that info out, when they'd loose all this money:rolleyes: Which is sick to even think about.

wicked13
11-15-2006, 11:47 PM
I just lost my dad to cancer and I was with him by his side when he went to his "treatments" and I watched as they would make him to sick to stand. He rode motorcycles his whole life and cancer took away the only thing he really enjoyed. If there is a cure and it isn't being used I'd like to meet those responsible for hiding it.:mad:

mole97
11-16-2006, 01:14 AM
I lost my mom and her side of the family, aunt's, uncles,cousins,all to cancer .Personally do I believe their is a cure .. I sure do. like awesome said though,with all the money the government makes of research and all the other bull,plus I feel it's thier way of "population control" ..Think about how many people would still be alive? Millions! That's just the way I feel...

Quad18star
11-16-2006, 05:15 AM
Thanks for the responses so far .

Over a year ago , my uncle was diagnosed with blood cancer . It was a type of cancer that was never seen in a person before and some of the top researchers in North America were dumbfounded by it . He basically was given 3 options , 1. Don't do anything about it and die , 2. Have a bone marrow transfusion which has a HIGH risk of complications and death ( luckily there was a perfect match found for him which is rare) and 3. Take an experimental drug and see what happens .

He opted for the experimental drug , and now almost a year later he is healthy , active and looks to be completly cancer free .

Now I started this poll , because after doing a bit of research about the subject , a LOT of folks seem to have the same opinion as I do .... most think that there is a cure , but because so much money is being made off of experimental drugs , drugs to keep the cancers in remission , etc , that the " cure" has been swept under the rug so that those making the money off of all the drugs can keep filling their wallets .

Just imagine what would happen is a cure were to become available to the public . Think of how many people would lose their jobs ... researchers , doctors, scientists , everything from CEOs of companies , to people doing payroll in these companies .

Allen
11-16-2006, 05:53 AM
I don't necessarily agree with the assumption there is a cure and it's being held back because of the huge profits for research.

Just think of a pharmaceutical company like Merck, Glaxokline, etc...that would come up with a cure for cancer. That would be like winning the lottery a million times over for the investors and stockholders. Profits would be endless...JMO

MR.BIG
11-16-2006, 07:11 AM
I believe there is a cure out there or better treatment options but it depends on how much money you have. I mean look at steven tyler he had Hepatitis C and he is now cured!

stumpleg
11-16-2006, 07:38 AM
I wish there was a cure 20 years ago when I had cancer. :grr:

trick250r
11-16-2006, 07:38 AM
i dont think there is one yet, but i guarantee that if the president and/or the heads of three of the biggest companies in the world got cancer, they would find a cure within a couple of months. just ,my .02

derekhonda
11-16-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Thanks for the responses so far .

Over a year ago , my uncle was diagnosed with blood cancer . It was a type of cancer that was never seen in a person before and some of the top researchers in North America were dumbfounded by it . He basically was given 3 options , 1. Don't do anything about it and die , 2. Have a bone marrow transfusion which has a HIGH risk of complications and death ( luckily there was a perfect match found for him which is rare) and 3. Take an experimental drug and see what happens .

He opted for the experimental drug , and now almost a year later he is healthy , active and looks to be completly cancer free .

Now I started this poll , because after doing a bit of research about the subject , a LOT of folks seem to have the same opinion as I do .... most think that there is a cure , but because so much money is being made off of experimental drugs , drugs to keep the cancers in remission , etc , that the " cure" has been swept under the rug so that those making the money off of all the drugs can keep filling their wallets .

Just imagine what would happen is a cure were to become available to the public . Think of how many people would lose their jobs ... researchers , doctors, scientists , everything from CEOs of companies , to people doing payroll in these companies .

I think that is a very poor assessment for several obvious reasons.

The idea that a company would be sitting on something as amazing as a cure for cancer is dumbfounding. They could name their price, and people would pay it. Think about it, paying hundreds of dollars a month (or more...depends on insurance) to prolong your life a few years......or......one upfront cost of whatever it is to cure the disease. People would quite simply find the money.

You make a claim that they would put themselves (scientists i am guessing) out of business, simply not true. They could cross cancer off the list...and move right on down to the next most dangerous disease. Be it aids, diabeted, obesity...i dont know. But curing one, doesn't put people out of jobs, it simply frees up the brightest minds to put their efforts towards curing a different disease.

Thirdly, not really knowing any scientists...but knowing their work it is obvious that when they come up with something, be it a formula, a new anti biotic, or a cure, etc....they are very proud. I doubt there is a scientist out there who would trade eternal fame as "the curer of cancer" for a buyout price....that is just not their style.

i dont think there is one yet, but i guarantee that if the president and/or the heads of three of the biggest companies in the world got cancer, they would find a cure within a couple of months. just ,my .02

You think they would magically figure it out overnight....or they would finally release the cure to save an extra important citizen?

gbcap
11-16-2006, 12:15 PM
the 'cure' isn't found yet. like others have said. there is as much money if not MORE money in curing cancer then just treating it.

the people that found the cure would not want to hide it. period. that would be there ever lasting claim to fame and would be known for eternaty.

just cause you have money doesn't mean you can buy a cure...but you can buy better treatment. steven tyler might have tired a few thigns most can't cause they can't afford it and now he is fine. were as everyone would try it but can't afford it.

if thier is a cause there is a cure. cause and effect. it just hasn't come to furition yet.

prowler029
11-16-2006, 01:02 PM
I wish they wud find a cure for cancer...i hate having cancer..O0o look, a squirrel!

Scott-300ex
11-16-2006, 01:34 PM
One of my friends moved up to Seattle and I just found out his job is cancer research.

orca0294
11-16-2006, 01:51 PM
I believe there is a cure to cancer but the government and so many drug companies behind the research of cancer make to much money to give it up so they continue to research.. Just my opinion. I really don't think they'd let you know if anyone with the companies or government had it they would give them the cure and not allow anyone to know about it.

sly400ex
11-16-2006, 02:14 PM
This is a touchy subject. I was going to write a long elaborated response to it but……

I think it all leads to my theory. The simple cold, why could we not find a cure for the strain of virus that gives us a cold. Is it because it is so profitable to the medical field, etc. or is it really that difficult to find an actual cure?

I don’t know, I can go on and on about things such as this.

rtm1216
11-16-2006, 02:18 PM
There will never be one 'cure-all' for cancer. There are multiple kinds of cancer and they are all different from one another. They all need to be treated differently. Some cancers are even curable now. My father had nasopharyngle cancer about 6 yrs ago and after 3 months of intensive treatment (radiation and chemo) he is now cancer free. He is not in remission, he is cancer free. Granted the treatment almost killed him, but he made it through and healthier than ever now.

We worked w/ some amazing doctors and scientists (my father's case was a trial run for the FDA in this course of traeatment) that spent hours upon hours taking care of my father and did everything in their power to cure him. I can't fathom the idea that they, or the people working day and night in the labs to find new treatments would ever NOT release a potential cure to the public.

rtm1216
11-16-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by sly400ex
This is a touchy subject. I was going to write a long elaborated response to it but……

I think it all leads to my theory. The simple cold, why could we not find a cure for the strain of virus that gives us a cold. Is it because it is so profitable to the medical field, etc. or is it really that difficult to find an actual cure?

I don’t know, I can go on and on about things such as this.

Because it is a virus that mutates too frequently. Same as with the flu and why there is a different flu vaccine every year. Vaccinating people for all strains would be counter productive as the combined treatments would make you sicker than the actual cold or flu you might get.

11-16-2006, 02:53 PM
of course there is a cure...the government dont know what to do with all the people we have right now, the job market just isnt there witch is why i believe they push the whole college thing....but....i heard they found a cure for aids and wont release it...as bad as it sounds we need people to die...i know i will prolly catch alot of heat for this but the world is already over populated and we just dont have the need for so many people...my grandma died of cancer and its a horrible way to die very painful....but like my great grandpa said when he was about to die "i gotta make room for the babies" and there alot of truth to it...things must go on and the youth is the future....and its kinda bad in a way too because i see alot of people that are older and dont have to work to suppport themselfs and then i see people in their lae teens/ early 20s that cant find a job because the 75 year old man still wants to work and i dont blame the old man but the young person needs that money so badly....anyways i am getting a lil bit off track....but yes i do believe there is a cure

tmoney
11-16-2006, 05:33 PM
its really sad but he does have a point

Quad18star
11-16-2006, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
I think that is a very poor assessment for several obvious reasons.

The idea that a company would be sitting on something as amazing as a cure for cancer is dumbfounding. They could name their price, and people would pay it. Think about it, paying hundreds of dollars a month (or more...depends on insurance) to prolong your life a few years......or......one upfront cost of whatever it is to cure the disease. People would quite simply find the money.

You make a claim that they would put themselves (scientists i am guessing) out of business, simply not true. They could cross cancer off the list...and move right on down to the next most dangerous disease. Be it aids, diabeted, obesity...i dont know. But curing one, doesn't put people out of jobs, it simply frees up the brightest minds to put their efforts towards curing a different disease.

Thirdly, not really knowing any scientists...but knowing their work it is obvious that when they come up with something, be it a formula, a new anti biotic, or a cure, etc....they are very proud. I doubt there is a scientist out there who would trade eternal fame as "the curer of cancer" for a buyout price....that is just not their style.

Here's how I view it .

You say that they could name their price for the cure ... so with that being said , they could charge $500 000 , $1 000 000 or $10 000 000 . Could the average citizen afford to pay that much? Not really . Most of the cost right now for Cancer treatment is covered by insurance companies . I don't see insurance companies dishing out millions of dollars per person for a cure , they would rather pay out monthly instead .

A lot of scientist that research Cancer went to school to research Cancer , not AIDS or any other disease , they specialized in Cancer research and most have made their careers on researching this disease . If a cure is found or made public , thousands of people lose their jobs . Like I said , everything from scientists to the people running payroll for cancer research centers . Entire clinics and hospitals are devotes to Cancer only ... all these people would be out of work .

I personally know a Cancer research scientist , he's my mom's step brother . He has devoted his entire career and medical study to cancer research . Once there is a cure , he's out of a job . He believes that there is a cure out there , but that big pharmaceutical companies are making so much money off of other drugs , that a "cure" wouldn't be profitable for them .

Again , this is just my opinion and what I've been told by someone in the field .

700bRad
11-16-2006, 06:56 PM
Lost my Meme (Grandma) to Barrets Esophogus Cancer (15% chance for cure) last year, it was the toughest thing ive ever been through. Her body wasnt agreeing with the kemo therapy and it made her sick and weak. She was a beutiful and caring person. I think about her every day. She never smoked a ciggerette in her life but god must have needed her for something up there. And my grandma on my dads side had breast cancer 5 years ago but was cured. FU** CANCER... I hate it. :mad:

ridered11
11-16-2006, 07:12 PM
i hope there is a cure

a team mates mom just died last night as a victim to cancer

R.I.P

derekhonda
11-16-2006, 07:16 PM
So what do you guys suppose these "cancer scientists" do all day if the magic question has already been answered?

450Racer
11-16-2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by 450r51
i beleive there might be a cure, but not just right now, like there will be a cure for hiv/aids in the future.

also i beleive we should be doing more stem cell research, instead of less!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

thanks. i just learned today that it cures more than paralyzation. i'm not sured if "cures" is the right word. but it helps with parkinson's, multiple sclerosis, and a few other things. possibly cerebral paulsy (sp)?

its all about money i think

Scott-300ex
11-17-2006, 02:10 PM
Thats wut I was going to say, does everyone with these jobs just play video games all day? Since they can't figure out other cures and their cures s solved. The just sit and do nothing.

And JJ has money, you think they'll give him a cure to paralyzation.

ak_stick
11-18-2006, 03:14 AM
If there was a cure, we'd have known by now.

You dont think everyone one of those people would have taken that secret to thier death beds that the gov't is hiding somthing?

We cant even hide a spy in our nation, but we could hide the secret to the cure for caner? Yeah right.

Ruby Soho
11-18-2006, 06:49 AM
i had cancer when i was 9.

i dont know if there is or will be a cure for it, but i hope there will be.

getting treatment for 5 years really sucked

smr
11-18-2006, 07:06 AM
I love this.

first off...If there was a cure there is no way they could keep it a secret.

2nd.....please explain to me HOW IN THE HE!! IS THE GOVERMENT MAKING MONEY OFF OF CANCER?????? that is the craziest thing I have ever heard. I can't believe that two people in the thread actually said that. If that was true then you wouldn't have the state of Florida sueing the tabacco for money to pay for health care.

3rd......if the goverment was keeping it a secret to control the population then why would they also be spending so much money trying to pass laws to keep us healthy? I've been a farmer my whole life and the goverment bought me out of the tobacco industry a few years ago just so there want be as much avalable.

so if there not keeping it a secret for money or population control then what other benifit would there be.

Most cancer research is done at universities by grants....nobody is making money off these grants...once they run out then the scientist envolved must get another grant or end his research.

MOFO
11-18-2006, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by smr
I love this.

first off...If there was a cure there is no way they could keep it a secret.

2nd.....please explain to me HOW IN THE HE!! IS THE GOVERMENT MAKING MONEY OFF OF CANCER?????? that is the craziest thing I have ever heard. I can't believe that two people in the thread actually said that. If that was true then you wouldn't have the state of Florida sueing the tabacco for money to pay for health care.

3rd......if the goverment was keeping it a secret to control the population then why would they also be spending so much money trying to pass laws to keep us healthy? I've been a farmer my whole life and the goverment bought me out of the tobacco industry a few years ago just so there want be as much avalable.

so if there not keeping it a secret for money or population control then what other benifit would there be.

Most cancer research is done at universities by grants....nobody is making money off these grants...once they run out then the scientist envolved must get another grant or end his research.

I agree. Most, if not all people in this thread need a tin foil hat and they better watch out for the black helicopters flying over their house.

11-18-2006, 07:44 AM
well just my 2 cents here, but look at allt he cancer researching labs all over the US and the world...take those thousands of jobs out of the mix....all the people moving money, donating money, spending money on material to research it etc...the government would lose money so therefore they are making money off all the research...the government makes money off everything...you buy a coke at the store...tax, you make money...income tax...you buy a new quad...tax....you so much as have a garage sale, you are supposed to pay tax...i ever heard of a lil kid on tthe news that was makin some major cash threw a lemonade stand and yes the government TAXED him...now look at all the billions of dollars people spend on "finding a cure" the government is making millions of dollars...through everything...thats what make me so sick about the government, they take their unfair share of everything...and IMO that isnt right...but bottomline is the governemnt IS making money off the cancer research...they make money off everything...there is even a tax that if you make more then 500 thousand a year they tax you just because you broke the 500 thousand mark...and technically speaking is you were to make 495 thousand as appose to making 503 thousand, you would be further ahead with the 495 thousand yearly income...well talkin about this about made me sick to my stomache thinking about all the money the government robs from us...

Rider-trx_250ex
11-18-2006, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by 450r51

I also believe that many diseases CAN be cured by stem cells, they are like the magic, they turn into whatever cells that surround them. But the problem is obtaining them, the embroytic stem cells. There are people saying that is killing, but it is not considered really a person yet. but adult stem cells is another story.

ak_stick
11-18-2006, 01:43 PM
if they cured cancer, they'd simply move on to the next world problem. Those scientists wouldnt be out of a job. The gov't would still make cash, and it'd throw America even higher in the world food chain. We'd give it out for sure.

Oh, and the lemonade stand being taxed, thats an urban legand.

11-18-2006, 02:00 PM
the point i was trying to make is that the government makes money off everything...if you even have a garage sale or yard sale you are supposed to pay taxes...they are out of control IMO...just look at everything within your sight...the road u drive on, the car u drive, every single part on your quad, food you eat, the pen you write with, the keyboard your typing on...its amazing to think how much money they blow to have our country in debt :rolleyes:

ak_stick
11-18-2006, 02:06 PM
And your point would be? We're in debt woo woo

Judging from your age, you should already know that over 75% of that debt came about as a direct result of WWII, and the re-building of Europe, and us constantly eating the bill for things, so other countries could get their economy up and running.

Yes they make money off everything, but that point wasnt ever disputed, however, I they cure cancer, they wouldnt be out any money, they just move on to the next thing.

P.S. if you think the gov't takes too much of your money, you can always move somewhere with less taxes. Though have fun trying to find a nation as free as ours......

11-18-2006, 02:26 PM
ak stick i was just answering someones question about how the government makes money off cancer research, calm down...but back to the topic...;)

and i beleive they would be out some money and our population would continue to sky rocket witch would lead to having so few jobs and such high unemployment due to the whole jobs to the work force ratio witch around here is exteremly bad....I think thats a big issue too, like i said before as bad as this sounds but we need people to die, we have to make room for the babies and the youth....sure there are other things that kill people out there but nothing is as big as cancer...

markeg192
11-18-2006, 06:16 PM
hmmmm I always thought the Government funded studies and research for cancer.:rolleyes:

ak_stick
11-18-2006, 07:03 PM
Shhh not now, you'll ruin the conspiracy

The fact is, our govt cant hide anything why they could suddenly hide the secret to the cure for cancer, but we couldn't keep nuclear secrets safe is a notion so out there its almost not funny.

Then again, I wonder how many people saying that the govt is hiding the cure for caner are the same ones that cry 9/11 was an inside job too..... You know, the govt is realy just hiding the death of thousands so we can bomb the muslims.....

Ralph
11-18-2006, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Allen
I don't necessarily agree with the assumption there is a cure and it's being held back because of the huge profits for research.

Just think of a pharmaceutical company like Merck, Glaxokline, etc...that would come up with a cure for cancer. That would be like winning the lottery a million times over for the investors and stockholders. Profits would be endless...JMO

No it wouldn't because they make way more money treating a patient for the rest of their lives.

Just like aids. The drugs they use to treat aids are extremely expensive. And people have it till they die.

They have 2 options:

1. Sell Patients expensive drugs for the rest of their lives.
2. Sell Patients drugs for a short time and then be done with it.

Its a hard subject and i hope that humanity has not gotten corrupted to the point where someone is making money off of others dying...

ak_stick
11-18-2006, 07:14 PM
You think war pays for itself?

That has been going on longer than most other industrys

northwest Texas
11-18-2006, 08:51 PM
I wish I could say I'm amazed at all of the......how should I say it..........stupidity (for lack of a better word)

First, before I forget, we are nowhere near being overpopulated and we are not conducting population control. China may be, but the U.S. is not. The average life expectancy continues to increase every year.

A cure for cancer will not create a mass job loss for researchers. May be more wishful thinking than anything factual.

There's plenty of stem cell research. The issue is should government fund it? NO. Private indivuals/investors foot the bill with a potential for large profit. There's plenty of promise out there, but not in the politically charged area under debate right now. Just ask the Michael J. Fox's foundation where they're putting their money where their mouth is. A hard find for sure.

I do believe absolutely there is a cure out there, we just haven't found it yet. We're finding new species, or one's we thought were extinct, almost daily.......and this is on land, not the sea. Why is it unthinkable that we're not going to find it?

I don't understand those that think the gov't suppresses the cure. For those of you that do, I have a primo piece of of ocean front property in Arizona.

For those that have undergone chemo for cancer, my heart goes out. Cancer isn't prevalent in my family so I don't have personal feelings but from what I've read from several posts I wonder how many truly understand how chemo works. To kill the cancer, the doctors have to almost kill the patient. That's how chemo works, to kill it, they must almost kill the body and just before it's dead, quit poisoning it and bring it back to health.

Quad18star
11-18-2006, 10:39 PM
Keep up with the voting , the numbers seem to be pretty close ... almost a split decision !!!!

Good to read all the comments , but can we try not to insult others for their opinions because they do not correspond with your own ? It would make for even better reading material. :cool:

Does anyone think that there may be a "cure" available , but has not been released because of all the red tape that a new drug has to go through before it can be approved for usage and sale?

Also when mentioning Government , it doesn't necessarally have to be the USA government , it could be any government organization around the world . Just thought I'd clear that up before I'm marked as someone who thinks 9/11 is an inside job by the US government .

Scott-300ex
11-20-2006, 11:20 AM
Uh apparently life expactancy is going down since 2000 or something around then.

stevez400
11-20-2006, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by northwest Texas
I wish I could say I'm amazed at all of the......how should I say it..........stupidity (for lack of a better word)

First, before I forget, we are nowhere near being overpopulated and we are not conducting population control. China may be, but the U.S. is not. The average life expectancy continues to increase every year.

A cure for cancer will not create a mass job loss for researchers. May be more wishful thinking than anything factual.

There's plenty of stem cell research. The issue is should government fund it? NO. Private indivuals/investors foot the bill with a potential for large profit. There's plenty of promise out there, but not in the politically charged area under debate right now. Just ask the Michael J. Fox's foundation where they're putting their money where their mouth is. A hard find for sure.

I do believe absolutely there is a cure out there, we just haven't found it yet. We're finding new species, or one's we thought were extinct, almost daily.......and this is on land, not the sea. Why is it unthinkable that we're not going to find it?

I don't understand those that think the gov't suppresses the cure. For those of you that do, I have a primo piece of of ocean front property in Arizona.

For those that have undergone chemo for cancer, my heart goes out. Cancer isn't prevalent in my family so I don't have personal feelings but from what I've read from several posts I wonder how many truly understand how chemo works. To kill the cancer, the doctors have to almost kill the patient. That's how chemo works, to kill it, they must almost kill the body and just before it's dead, quit poisoning it and bring it back to health.

One of the best post's in this thread. Along with the other's that do not believe there is a cure that is hidden from the public. First off can anyone tell me how many different types of cancer there is? Then tell me how they are different. You will be amazed at the numbers. First off if there is a cure it is not for cancer it is for a form of cancer. There may be a cure for Bladder Cancer, Melanoma, Breast Cancer, Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma, Colon and Rectal Cancer, Pancreatic Cancer, Endometrial Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Kidney (Renal Cell) Cancer, Skin Cancer (Non-melanoma)Leukemia, Thyroid Cancer, Lung Cancer
But there will never or at least not in any of our lifetime a cure for cancer. Anyone that thinks the government is hidding a cure is stupid. They are the kids that believe everything they hear or 40 year olds living in their parents basements thinking of goverment conspiracies. IF there was a cure for cancer the US could sell it to other coutries and get rid of our national debt in the blink of an eye.
Now there are treatments for cancer. If you are lucky then it may cure it in your particular case. I have a friend that is cancer free. He had lukemia. After tons of meds nd treatments he is 100% cancer free. Yet my mothers friend had lukemia went thru the same treatment and died 2 years after being diagnosed. What works for one may not work for another. Anyone that believes there is a cure needs to go and do some research of your own on cancer.

stevez400
11-20-2006, 12:38 PM
Wow I did the poll after I made my post. I cannot believe that 45 people think there is a cure being held back from the public. :huh :rolleyes:

honda250xrider
11-20-2006, 12:47 PM
i doupt that there is a cure yet, but to anybody that thinks the gov. doesn't hide anything from the public lol think again we will never know how many things they really are going about that we havn't a clue.

stevez400
11-20-2006, 12:58 PM
Maybe alien spaceships, assassinations, deals with the damn devil but not a cure for cancer. If there was a cure for caner there is always that one person that leaks something. Money can't buy happiness but with enough of it you can buy anything else you want and knowing the cure will sure as hell get you that amount of money.

smr
11-20-2006, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by stevez400
Maybe alien spaceships, assassinations, deals with the damn devil but not a cure for cancer. If there was a cure for caner there is always that one person that leaks something. Money can't buy happiness but with enough of it you can buy anything else you want and knowing the cure will sure as hell get you that amount of money.

Good point Stevez400

Here is something to think about also. Scientest don't do there job for the money. Not everyone in this world is money driven. Some poeple do there job to help other people. If there was a cure for cancer then the whole world would know about it.

I heard from a friend of a friend this one time at band camp that Bigfoot got cancer and the Lock ness monster cured him by flying him through the Bermuda triangle on Friday the thirteen while chanting hyms about..........oh well you get my point....:D

11-20-2006, 02:22 PM
We are no where near being over populated on this Earth. There isn't a magical cure for cancer. There MAY be a cure for a type of cancer, but I'm saying that with an open mind. And, if anyone is driven enough...They can get a job.

By the way, people say that to get stem cell research...We must "kill". Last time I checked, you kill something everytime you have sex with a condom. You kill it before it has a chance, isn't that illegal? :rolleyes:

northwest Texas
11-20-2006, 06:13 PM
Bad analogy with the sex and condom. Take any seed, say some wheat, and by itself, it's not alive. It needs more than it's whole to become more.

Before you go arguing semantics, remember there's only one of the millions that makes it to the pot and the end of the rainbow. Nature itself invalidates your analogy.

11-20-2006, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by northwest Texas
Bad analogy with the sex and condom. Take any seed, say some wheat, and by itself, it's not alive. It needs more than it's whole to become more.

Before you go arguing semantics, remember there's only one of the millions that makes it to the pot and the end of the rainbow. Nature itself invalidates your analogy.

Everything is a living organism, and apparently...It COULD have a fighting chance. It could be the one that makes it to the end of the rainbow. Just as if the embryo could be a still born. No one knows the correct answer, and that's why I'm wondering why the condom analogy hasn't been used in an argument before.

troutman561
11-20-2006, 10:09 PM
There is no "cure" for cancer in my opinion... I also can back it up because I know someone who is on the forefront of cancer research and he wouldnt be putting his time and personal money into the research for it if the cure already existed...