PDA

View Full Version : Its been out long enough.....

Pappy
11-15-2006, 08:04 PM
Ok, the LTR has been out long enough to have a pro and con thread.

So those of you that own them, lets hear the good bad and the ugly!

LuckyOxygen
11-15-2006, 09:58 PM
K I'm gonna make this pretty short and sweet.

The good:

The only mods I have is a cherry bomb,kill switch, and prm nerfs. I've raced a few mx races on it and have beat several modded trx's and yfz's, but I have also been beat by a couple. I have yet to have any problems with the rear linkage, so that a plus! I know I need to take it to a dealership for the recall, but I just havent. I welded around the mount myself, so who knows if it would have broke... But no real problems yet!!

The bad:

The tranny will start whining if I ride it hard for a while, it takes a lot though, but if I change the oil it quits.... I get tired of misc. bolts backing out from vibration, honestly if thats the worst thing I can say I'll be just fine!

The ugly:

I have yet to experience this so I cant say too much about it. But as most of you know there has been problems with the trannys and the linkage mount on the frame. I have also hear something about something breaking inside the tranny relating to the shifter? Maybe someone can clear that up?

I plan on selling mine sometime to get a 4x4 quad, not 100% sure though. But hopefully nothing too bad happens before I sell it, or at all for that matter.... I know this wasnt that great of detail but oh well...

kennerz
11-16-2006, 02:01 AM
The Good:

Really nice bike overall, love the looks. turns better than any other bike I've ridden ( Ridden most popular atv's made in the last 25yrs) Suspension can take quite a pounding, accelerates hard if you push it. All types of awesome technology poured into and available for it. No regrets so far.

The bad:

Tranny whine, trying the methods I've heard (Lucas oil additive, motul synthetic 15/50 soon) not alot of low end or really top for a four stroke. stock tires aren't the best for general riding(just too low, good wear, handle well, but no clearance)

The ugly:

Not the easiest bike to work on, takes a while to remove the plastics, very expensive to upgrade for the trails, not hard to spend additional 2K in pipe,controller, tires(sand/trail) and suspension revalve.

Still: once set up for your personal tastes, it has to be one of the best bikes of all time so far, I've never ridden a bike as hard or as fast as the LTR and not crash, seriously it's safe as it is fast.

I don't know who makes anything better that you can buy off a showroom floor right now.

Happy I bought it over a 700r Raptor/YFZ

4TraxRider
11-16-2006, 02:37 PM
The good:
It is super competative in B-class MX with the CBRM, slip-on and no airbox lid. I seem to be top 5 off the holeshot everytime i've raced so far against all the worked YFZ's and TRX's. I really just love the way it runs, no hesitation, starts right up cold, easy controls and very comfortable.

The bad:
The tranny whine has me scared sometimes, but not a problem or missed shift yet. One of my friends broke the shift pin the last race of the season, but he admitedly landed on it off of a jump. Mine seems to run extremely hot and boil over after a long moto nomatter what I run in the radiator.(Engine Ice, Water Wetter, Coolanol)

The Ugly:
My graphics and my dented nerfs with torn nets.
:ermm:
But really, nothing at all that bad has happened....yet. Love this quad.

philys21
11-17-2006, 03:55 AM
I couldn't be happier with mine....no wait I could be that's why I'm still spending money on it. lol

But I have had zero problems not even a tranny whine.

Best stock bike I have ever rode.

kbrown
11-17-2006, 05:05 PM
Mine has been awesome, but now she is put up due to a bent axle and bent stem oh yeah and a ripped off grab bar. I can say it will take a good beating. I have already been through two sets of bars as well. lol even 50 ft can get the best of ya sometimes

bbrad mulvey
11-22-2006, 05:40 PM
Good

Its flickability it SICK! It feals so light in the air! It is very forgiving when you come a little short on jumps and if you land a front tire first it sucks it up! Fast as hell with MINOR MODS! Its not much slower than a Curtis Sparks builted trx450r(my old machine). The frame is built awesome(except for the ones with the rear shock mount problem). Stock rear tires are great! Rear swing arms set up is very well thought out!Cornering is almost too good. Its not overated by anymeans!

Bad

Tranny wine! but everybody has it, so I guess its just something you just have to deal with. The battery location is not very well though out, it kinda hinders the air flow on the left side of radiator. Airbox needs more air getting to it. Front stock tires are a little too wide for MX. Rear disc should be vented for no sqeeking. Shifter bolt should be done differentlt so you can get the shifter higher easier if you wanted. Lower seat foam would be a plus. These arent "bad items" they are just things that I would make different.

Ugly

nothing

jason14x
11-23-2006, 08:27 AM
Happy as pie ! I have the Cherry Bomb. No major issues. I like the front shocks a bit stiff so they work great . All in all A GIANT leap forward from my antique 1990 qudracer !!!

I love it and plan on doing only a few minor things ...freshen the top end ( maybe add a bit higher comp. piston when I do) And A revalve on the shocks. And an Efi tuner maybe a pipe .Otherwise had my buddy weld the swingarm/shock bolt and no issues there (if it breaks they gotta replace it anyway!) I have Goforit grpahics on mine and they hold up awesome . No tranny whine I went with the amsoil syntehtic and run about 200 ccs more oil than recommended so far no noise!

Jason

mx86250R
11-26-2006, 05:41 PM
My feelings for a MX'er

the good: great stock suspension, good tires(on loose wet dirt), can be made very fast at a reasonably affordable price, wide stance, very nimble in the air although hard to whip around due to it's weight, brakes have a great feel to them, strong frame exluding linkage which i havent had a problem with, strong yet smooth power delivery, good body positioning

the bad: you tend to outgrow the stock suspension and will need to upgrade, the tires are horrible on packed down surfaces and will slide, it's heavy weight can make it hard to move around, the linkage problem if your one of the unfortunate, seat needs shaved a little, the gearing isn't the best but suites me fine, the shifter should be positioned up a little more or made easier to do so, the steering stem is a little brittle and bends easy, the tranny whine and even failure to the unfortunate again, harder to work on and maintain than others in its group, battery position and how the starters fry so easily!

the ugly: tranny failure, linkage breaks, and fried starters

most of which i said doesn't need to be done or affects a rec. rider but for a serious mx rider it's pretty important

manban
11-26-2006, 10:00 PM
pro denton steering damper works , dropped down one tooth from stock 14 to 13 front gear , 1st gear tire spin yes, so you conrtol the throttle , but second feels real and third gets me and my novice mx self in the air. awaiting delivery of the fmf factory 4 with the megabomb pipe ..........for even more low end torque. love this sometime beauty when in the air , some times beast when i gave way to much throttle before the brake bumps and thanks to those brakes , you keep having fun.

cons ..... i took care of the no low end with the gear change. lets , see when fmf gets here next week. stock heel guards be carefull. broke my one side plastic and heel frame.no whining yet ,

love my qracer...:eek2:

noworries
11-28-2006, 03:19 PM
I wouldn't know. Mine died on the first ride. I'm not a happy camper.

kennerz
11-29-2006, 11:52 AM
TO follow up..

My tranny whine went away after using both 200ml extra, motul 15-50synthetic, and lucas oil stabilizer. ( probably didn't need all three to get it to go away)

Rode it really hard, for a couple of two hour plus rides and no whine. This thing really is an awesome bike.

No problems after a hard three day trip, maybe 15hrs. Great bike!!!!

Quadprorider
12-01-2006, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by noworries
I wouldn't know. Mine died on the first ride. I'm not a happy camper.

Dude please don't trash the Ltr. Everyone knows you had a misfortune and got one that went out but you don't need to trash the bike that I and many others ride daily with no problems to date.

Me being who I am, I would like to see more people buying the Ltr's and if someone were to read some of your comments they might automatically be turned off from buying one.

Lets just keep it real and what until your bike gets back and you have a chance to finally ride it after a long awaited journey.

Sorry to come off as a dick but I love my bike and don't want others to feel sour about it due to the fact that you had a isolated failure. Hopefully Suzuki and your dealer will make it right so that you can stay in this new hobby for years to come.Good luck with everything, Nick.

noworries
12-01-2006, 12:50 PM
I don't really think your post was called for. My response was short and concise. I'm not sure if you've seen the posts about the transmission and motor bolts only being finger tight--I didn't until after I bought mine.

The world might look better from behind rose colored glasses--but if I go on the internet looking for opinions--I want to hear the good and the bad--and make my own opinion based on what I read.

I will be the first to sing it's praises once I get one that runs. I wouldn't have bought one if I didn't read about how much all you guys love yours.

Quadprorider
12-01-2006, 09:16 PM
No hard feelings, I just hope they get you back and running ASAP.......

I figured I would post kind of how I feel so sorry to come off as jerk or anything.

Nick

noworries
12-01-2006, 09:26 PM
no worries!

My dad was born in dover!

Quadprorider
12-02-2006, 02:30 PM
Really? I'm about 20 mins North in Middletown!

Quady
12-03-2006, 01:35 AM
This is what i told my psychology therapist Doctor about my 2007 LTR-450!!! :p

The Good: Very flexible, the best in handling, the meanist on the air " i.e. feels very light"

The Bad: hate the suspension, too stiff although after adjustment, Tranny will whine when climbing dunes "hardcore" although bike had fair 8 hours break in period + additional 300 ml extra oil! but then luckily noise will disappear!!!!!

The Ugly: ver easy to land on your shifter when jumping, "BE CAREFUL"

Overall: so far so good within 15 hours of use :cool:

jhenry88
01-09-2007, 11:08 AM
The only problem i have had was i over jumped a 90 ft tabletop and bent my axle about a month ago and im still waiting on my new durablue to come in.

But all in all i love my bike its def a big step up from a 300 ex so i will never complain

duner911
01-13-2007, 10:23 AM
well i love my ltr so far... the tranny winne is annoying but i ride the bike really hard and it still shifts really smooth so i cant really complain... ya and if you buy a ltr check that all of the bolts are tight. i race so i was going through all the bolts tightening them before a race and i was amazed on how many bolts were not tight enough but as long as you do that i would say this is the best bike i have ever riding. it smokes my ltz434 that was running a 13.5:1 comp, the shocks are stiff but i just miss my quad rate long travel elkas but o well

damstr666
01-16-2007, 07:22 PM
How do you guys think our LTR 450's compare to YFZ's and TRX's as an everyday bike?

I love my LTR 450 from what I've ridden of it so far. Even with the stock suspension being stiff as hell and having it less then a day I was still faster then 2 YFZ's that the riders have had for over 6 months. (I know riders can make a HUGE difference)

Not dogging on the YFZ...I had one but it got stolen. I thought the LTR was an all around better everyday quad good for trail riding and jumps. Hope I'm right...

Any of you guys regret getting the LTR wishing you would've gotten the YFZ or the TRX instead?

Reason I'm saying this is because I just got done watching Huevos 9 and I only saw 3 or 4 LTR's. I don't know if there something wrong with them that I'm not seeing... but it seems Gust and Yokely are doing just fine. :D

Guess I'm over reacting. :p

WORCSYFZ199
01-19-2007, 07:20 PM
yeah I have a pretty buil YFZ right now with the Roll Elka set-up and long travel elite shocks and flexx bars and everything and I like my YFZ but it's getting old and I've had my share and a half of problems with it and I was looking to purchase a new brand for 2007 and I was stuck between a 450r or an LTR I would be doing a decent amount of mods on either because I would be racing in expert and Pro-am class but I was wondering how they compared to built YFZs?

racing66atv
01-22-2007, 02:59 PM
well...here it goes

the good: great handling..light in the air..good power throughout the whole powerband...awesome stock shocks if u know how to set them up

the bad: i have had not one single problem with my ltr

here's a little tip for all the guys worrying
about the shift pin well heres your FIX.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e290/racing66atv/100_0157.jpg

05Z400rdr
01-22-2007, 03:10 PM
The Good
Love it! awesome handling, lightweight, awesome in air, looks cool, AWESOME power!
The Bad
There's nothing that i dont like about the ltr...
The Ugly
Most of my bolts were loose from when the dealer put it together. some things fell off already...like skidplates etc. the holes in the skidplate also get hooked in things and rips it off... the "tranny noise"...havent heard it yet since i added 200mL extra tho..

OVERALL
I LOVE the ltr...love everything about it!...throw cherry bomb, remove baffle, take lid off....so much power with so little work!!

Johnny_G
01-24-2007, 10:10 AM
GOOD:well guys I picked up my LTR's from Cernics last saturday and I installed the Lonestar DC4 XC front end and Bill Ballance dialed in my new Ohilns shocks. In the rear I swapped in the GT thunder linkage, slid in a lonestar axle, and bearing carrier. I also bolted up a set of flexx bars, Precision Racing Products stabilizer, HMF full system, and map key. I removed the airbox lid, bolted up some hipers and Maxxis tires and it was time to test her out.

WOW I can honestly say that this is the Best BIKE I HAVE EVER RIDDEN. Although the above ist of mods may seem like alot to some people this is about half of what I normally have to do to a bike before I can ride it. I am completely impressed with the power and throttle response, and the handling of the front end is unbelieveable. The ergonomics of the bike are great!!!

BAD: Bike doesnt start very quickly for dead engine starts, ALMOST EVERY BOLT I HAVE PUT A WRENCH ON IS REALLY LOOSE, Bent the brake pedal within the first hour but I think I may have hit something really hard.

UGLY: Nothing..........although I think if you dont go through and check nuts and bolts there is a good chance that some of them will fall completely out, which could get ugly.

mr stopper
02-03-2007, 06:07 PM
Just bought one today i havent gotten to ride it much thoe but so far its sick

quadking224
02-04-2007, 08:34 AM
friends got one too..both of us agree that they kick som major a** without hardly ne work...hes only gota cherry bomb, a removed baffle, we put a outerwears light cover on the air box, and the pro armor kill switch..love it...he bought it at the end of last year a 2006...very nice bike would recomend!!

racernorris
02-06-2007, 05:17 AM
i work on hondas, yamahas, and suzukis, every day. i use to be all about honda. i see less problems from the suzuki than the rest.

cons: little expensive to rejet (programer), a bit heavy, rear linkage mount is weak, and there are problems with shifer pin.

soluitions: replace axle nut, sprocket hub, and brake rotor hub with billet (about 6 lbs) replace shocks with fox evols and podium x (about 11 lbs), remove sprocket guard and brake rotor guard (about 3-4 lbs). i had a gusset kit made for the linkage mount. walsh offers a bracket kit to stop the shifter pin problem.

fox shocks and long travel linkage $2000
rotor hub and antifade less than$400
gusset kit $40
walsh bracket kit $100

ScooterBike
02-16-2007, 05:05 AM
I do XC and desert racing and run the following: Yoshi pipe, cherry bomb, pro design filter, 13T sprocket, Razr2, FlexxBars and recently Elka damper & shocks…

Had the tranny noise in the beginning but that disappeared after the first oil change. I have one with the linkage recall, asked my dealer twice to fix it during servicing but no luck, its still holding. @ 50h had a throttle position sensor failure but was replaced under warranty. @ 70h had major problems, had to replace valves and piston. I have 110 hours on the clock now (9 months old) and is still running strong. I am thinking of getting a new LTR soon because of the time I spend riding.

We race a lot of technical mountain terrain, forest and desert and sometimes spend 20 hours in the saddle in a 2 day race. The fact that I want to buy another, I think, says it all!!!

blholtz
02-17-2007, 08:14 AM
Scooter bike when you had your throttle position sensor faliure how didi the engine act?

Did miss alot and run super rough and not idle for ****.

ScooterBike
02-18-2007, 10:48 PM
yip, thats it. No power, miss fire, didnt idle...

ssinnott
03-01-2007, 11:32 AM
Good= Everything, Love it, Never rode a better machine.

Bad= bolts were loose, ground clearance- I had to get taller tires.

Ugly= The dealership I bought it from treated me great to get me to buy it. Now I can't get any help from them. They still owe me parts for it and are refusing to give them up. Too bad I saved all the paper work they gave me. Those parts are only a court date away.

reallyoldguy
03-26-2007, 11:47 AM
Hello everyone, great forum and I believe Scooterbike may have answered my question.
I am 47 years old and figured I needed an edge as I ride with some guys about half my age, (you listening Shannon?)so I went out and bought a new LTR. I rode it briefly and then went straight to Little Sahara dunes in OK. The first trip out it ran great. The second time around the low fuel light started flickering, the engine started running as if it was loading up, then it would die, rarely start without being pulled and have no top-end at all.
My son had pulled the airbox lid and spark arrester off and I was then informed I need the cherry bomb to regulate the changes made. Went to the bike shop on the dunes grounds and made the upgrade but it made no difference.
It seems all the problems I encountered varied in degree everytime I tried to ride it so I assumed it was a elec/computer problem.
It is encouraging to hear the positive remarks and I will get the quad to the shop as soon as my schedule allows.(60 mile trip)
I did notice the front end seems light and would push in the corners. I made the mistake of running stock tires this time but will try to get what works before the next trip. Any advice on this issue?

noworries
03-26-2007, 03:36 PM
I had a similar experience--never had any lights come on but it ran terrible. Turns out a piece of the piston broke off. Had the dealer rebuild the top end and it still ran terrible--dealer didn't have the timing right. Took it to another dealer (more competent) to fix it.

Bottom line--take it to the best suzuki dealer in the area--which may or may not be the place you bought it from.

There's definitely a problem with your bike. Once I got mine fixed I fell in love with it--and nobody can catch me. If it isn't as awesome as it sounds on the forums, something's wrong with it!

Good luck with the repair!

suzukiray
03-27-2007, 10:15 PM
Holy crap! I am SO glad to hear you are finally happy with your bike NOWORRIES! That is some good news! Like I PMd you before, I have the shop manual & live close to you if you ever need any help. Ray.

reallyoldguy
04-12-2007, 08:17 PM
Got the diagnosis today, Throttle position sensor! Same thing Scooterbike had trouble with.

svahle
04-16-2007, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by reallyoldguy

I am 47 years old and figured I needed an edge as I ride with some guys about half my age, (you listening Shannon?)

I am listening now. I wish I were just 1/2 your age. Don't let this cat fool you. He was tough to hang with in the trails on his 400ex, let alone an LTR. Needed an edge - yeah right!

jherbie28
04-25-2007, 03:25 PM
comming from an pretty well built kfx440, the ltr is an amazing machine! the bike is very,very rider friendly. im not the kind of person that can just jump on any bike and ride it very well. when i was done breaking mine in at breezewood i was able to whip that thing around with no problem, the ltr is just the start of whats to come in the future of atv racing and atvs in general.

MX MaNiAc 06
04-26-2007, 06:32 AM
Good: Wide, 18" tires, easy to get used to, comfortable in the air.

Bad: It gets hot really fast. Everytime my buddy turns it off the fan turns on. Stock it is a turd compared the the Honda and Yamaha. You can tell looking at it that its a pain to work on.

Ugly: The headlight.

culichi
06-14-2007, 09:10 AM
this is the best bike you could ever buy, its wide, powerfull with the cherrybomb only, very comfy, and easy to handle in the air.....ive only got two bad things, some looosen bolts and a burned clutch but you can get that fixed easilly

The ltr450 is like a pie evrything is great it just need a cherry (bomb)...

Pappy
07-25-2007, 05:43 PM
When I started this thread I expected the typical ups and downs and I am glad to have the info posted here. I just walked in from riding a LTR with the cherry bomb and WOW:eek2: I wasnt especially impressed in stock form, but now this thing rips! The power is smooth and predictable albiet I havent been able to ride hard for long periods, but it will get on with it :p

Keep the info coming, the more i ride it the better I like it!

ScooterBike
07-26-2007, 12:48 AM
am I the only one with serious bad luck? The bike is great, don’t get me wrong, I will keep on riding it!
However, my first LTR: 50h valves eroded, due to dust they said; 70h piston rings collapsed and damaged the barrel; 110h gearbox broke and went into the engine!!! Also steering stem bushes worn; swing-arm full of cracks, have to weld every time!

My 2nd LTR (3 months old): sub frame broke - the cross bar (seat clip) broke off at the welding; 30h cam seized on the head = new cams, valves, head & piston!!!

No help from Suzuki!!!

I do long distance off-road racing in South Africa, 100-500 mile races.
My LTR = Razr2, HiPer rims, Elka Elite, Elka System 5, IMS tank, Flexx bars, Twist throttle, CB & TFI controller, and some bling... no engine mods.

QIKLTR
07-29-2007, 11:19 AM
at around 50hrs my buddies ltr had a small piece of the headgasket break and destroy the piston, rings, cylinder and head. now mine too is blown up at around 50 hrs. he has been taken care of by Suzuki. my warranty claim is still pending but i am told it wont be a problem.

suzuridr534
09-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Hey guys. Here she is my 2006 LTR450. This quad is like my baby but i have to let it go. It was very well maintained and never raced. It has a full HMF Exhaust, EFI(TFI) KIT,Cherry Bomb, Uni Air Filter,Razr Mx's on the Rear, New Pro Taper Bars with New PRO GRIP grips, tether, race cut fenders, BRAND NEW Top end and clutch. Oil was changed every three rides. Always kept up to date. Hate to see her go, but dont have time to ride anymore. Lookin for some offers, Send me a PM if youd like to see some pics go hit up this link... http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=314105

thanks

dan

Drewltr450
10-10-2007, 08:36 PM
my ltr is awesome its an 06 just got a pipe for it yesterday ive had nothing wrong with it besides a flat tire lol nothing major has happened after about 35 hrs my tranny whine went away completly even if you down shift fast it doesnt make a sound before it would squillle like a pig. GREAT QUAD rode my friends 450r i felt like i was going to flip over every turn the widness is greatt THIS QUAD IS AMAZING

Twistedmetal696
11-13-2007, 09:15 PM
I have to give it to Suzuki on the ltr. I got mine in june and started racing it 2 weeks later I havn't had any problems. I have never been taken on a holeshot .

Drewltr450
11-17-2007, 01:37 PM
ive probly run mine for 75 hours nothing bad has happened unless it was my fault (crashed) i changed to oil after about every 5 ours and air filter after everyride

baubl
11-23-2007, 11:52 PM
well after 2 yrs of r&d we've just about got them figured out.
One dont use c12 it eats the metal around the fuel filter, so changed back to trick 114 change the filters after every race, the plastic needs to be bolted not using those cheap plastic attachments, during the pro am race we plastic came loose and shut the engine down 6 times ina 5 mile lap still won but lost time.
the fuel situation cost us national championship but now have figured out, frame holds up well and all other parts no trany problems
have full Holtz running gear, floats around, moto works pipe gives us 2 1/2 horse power more then duncan, we were sponcered by duncan last year. always wire your fan to run continuousily.
many other things done, we have two 06's one 08 and extra
engine, actually 06s and the motor are for sale
bobl

ccmuscle22
11-30-2007, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by baubl
well after 2 yrs of r&d we've just about got them figured out.
One dont use c12 it eats the metal around the fuel filter, so changed back to trick 114 change the filters after every race, the plastic needs to be bolted not using those cheap plastic attachments, during the pro am race we plastic came loose and shut the engine down 6 times ina 5 mile lap still won but lost time.
the fuel situation cost us national championship but now have figured out, frame holds up well and all other parts no trany problems
have full Holtz running gear, floats around, moto works pipe gives us 2 1/2 horse power more then duncan, we were sponcered by duncan last year. always wire your fan to run continuousily.
many other things done, we have two 06's one 08 and extra
engine, actually 06s and the motor are for sale
bobl
Hey Bob,
It's Christian with MotoX Nutrition. Let me know what kind of deal on one of the 06's. I imagine it's a old Drew bike. I've got a 05' Z400 I need to switch up to a Suz 450.

Talk to you soon,

Christian
TEAM MXN MotoX Nutrition

blholtz
12-01-2007, 06:50 AM
What is the full "Holtz" running gear?

baubl
12-08-2007, 05:12 PM
Holtz racing products Bellingham Wash.
a arms ,axles, swing arms, tuned foxshocks,eng mods, he has set up each of our Racing quads YFZ,TRXS,LTRS nothing breaks period
he also setup our Kawi but we 86d that after the second race.
We have a local guy do our engines does an excellent job.
WE race ABOUT 40 RACES A YEAR PLUS DREW PRACTICES AS WELL.
BOBL

CAMERON WE'RE LOOKING FOR AROUND 10K FOR EACH 06
THESE qUADS ARE SERICED AND DIENO'D BEFORE EACH RACE COMPLETILY GONE THROUGH YOU'VE SEEN THEM. If theres even a hint of a problem it gets repaired. If he doesnt get the ride he wants we'll get one or two more 08s.

As I've said before we've got them figured out we're pullimg 51 to 55 horsepower depending on which one but have found that 51.5 horses is about right unless your factory, get a new quad each race.

this is racing both WORCS and My NORTHWEST QUADS NATIONAL MX AND OFFROAD SERIES.

And by the way our guys love your products, gives then that extra fire without the sugar.
bobl

kustomfab2003
12-08-2007, 07:40 PM
Hi Bob,

It's Josh, met you at Glen Helen with the 250R chassis for Troy. Anyway I took your advise and bought a new 07 LTR that same day. I have already done the MotoWorks Pipe and programmer, aluminum airbox mod, ECA case saver, Houser Stem and TAG bars combo, AC pro series nerfs and a few other misc items.

Thanks for the great advise.

Josh

baubl
12-09-2007, 10:18 AM
As I said no motorwork unless port and polish piston and cams nothing else. Sounds like the setup, was that one for your wife
if so no motorwork the LTRS are great wife kick around Quads.
bobl

kamu_sutra
12-27-2007, 06:39 PM
i only thing i dont like is the tranny whine. it got me scared the first time i heard it and i thought i broke something. i also dont like how low the swing arm is to the ground and i bent 2 pro armor skid plates because it takes a beating in the vegas desert. i do like the throttle reponse and how well it does handle out of the box.

yamahaman300
01-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Good: mines an 06 with 140 hours and still running strong!! couldnt ask for a more reliable quad!

Bad: tranny whine when riding hard :( and its a real pain to take apart!

yamahaman300
01-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Good: mines an 06 with 140 hours and still running strong!! couldnt ask for a more reliable quad!

Bad: tranny whine when riding hard :( and its a real pain to take apart!

fasstltr
04-10-2008, 10:05 AM
ive owned my ltr for 2 yrs and beat the snot out of it 1-2 times a week and the only thing i had to work on is changing oil and tighten chain and valve shims i just redone my quad and ordered four play a arms and fox shocks i have cams and piston sitting in my room but dont want to void my warrenty http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn160/thomasglocal1/tj7.jpg http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn160/thomasglocal1/tj6.jpg still need to staple seat just redone over winter

xGrendelx
04-13-2008, 12:19 PM
I'm looking to buy an LTR sometime soon, and I've heard a lot of people talking about this "tranny whine." What exactly does this mean?

hondaracer31
04-13-2008, 07:27 PM
Nobody knows what causes the whine, but it goes away after the tranny get broken in. It doesn't seem to hurt anything either. At least that is the case with my '06. I haven't heard the whine in the last year.
Just make sure you run a good synthetic motorcycle oil and you shouldn't have any problems.

yamahaman300
04-13-2008, 08:16 PM
someone once told me if you put an extra 200ml of oil in the motor instead of the 400ml suzuki recommends that the tranny wine goes away and it actually worked for mine, sounds dumb but just a suggestion for anyone outhere looking for a solution

i also heard a little lucas oil stabilzer will take it away to but i never tried

xGrendelx
04-13-2008, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by hondaracer31
Nobody knows what causes the whine, but it goes away after the tranny get broken in. It doesn't seem to hurt anything either. At least that is the case with my '06. I haven't heard the whine in the last year.
Just make sure you run a good synthetic motorcycle oil and you shouldn't have any problems.

Thanks man! That's very helpful.

Dune_Diva
05-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by yamahaman300
someone once told me if you put an extra 200ml of oil in the motor instead of the 400ml suzuki recommends that the tranny wine goes away and it actually worked for mine, sounds dumb but just a suggestion for anyone outhere looking for a solution

I've heard that too.

LTandRaptorider
05-13-2008, 04:05 PM
Hey Dune Diva, thought I recognized the name from the "other" site... Do you have too many pink parts yet?! :blah:

Had my LTR for 2 years now. This is the 1st 4-stroke that won me over from my LT250R. Here's another pic of the 2 together...

Dune_Diva
05-13-2008, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Hey Dune Diva, thought I recognized the name from the "other" site... Do you have too many pink parts yet?! :blah:

Had my LTR for 2 years now. This is the 1st 4-stroke that won me over from my LT250R. Here's another pic of the 2 together...

Hey...lol I guess my "pink" bike is pretty well known. After the recent makeover, yeah I think that I have enough pink parts. :rolleyes:

I take it that my saying stuck in your head too...lol

witech
05-13-2008, 06:18 PM
If the gears are making noise they are most likely to tight or machined with not enough backlash. I dont think its something that can be fixed without remachining the gears. Extra oil or something with EP addatives might extend the life of the gears a lot.

LTandRaptorider
05-15-2008, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Dune_Diva
I take it that my saying stuck in your head too...lol

Yes, for some reason it did... :p