PDA

View Full Version : Need jetting help for high altitude?

rescue6
11-15-2006, 07:18 PM
Just got the bike it is jetted great for around 5k foot where I live but I am riding at around 8500-9000 ft next monday and need a little help it is suposed to be around 55-60 degrees also. I have FMF Gnarlys and powercore 2's, K&N pod filters with outerwears any help would be greatly appreciated.

firefighterjosh
11-15-2006, 07:37 PM
What is you altitude right now??? What is it jetted at for your altitude?

rescue6
11-15-2006, 07:54 PM
It is 5k or 5000 ft anyway I just bought it from a guy dow the way and Did a Plug chop reading andd it looks just right so I am pretty sure it is right I cant remember what he said it was like 250 I think that is what he said I was looking for some rough estimates so I could go down and buy an assortment of jets in the morning when I get off work. I see you are a fellow firefighter where do you Work?

firefighterjosh
11-15-2006, 08:02 PM
I work Near Columbia City Indiana. Since the are higher up is denser you will need a richer jet. I would go with 270, 280, 290, 300, 310 jets. I am not a expert with those altitudes though. I run a 210 down here at 1,000feet lol.

rescue6
11-15-2006, 08:10 PM
Actually it is thinner at higher altitudes, It may have been A 150 main right now I will just have to run home and tear into it I guess before I go to the shop for parts I was just hoping to be able to stop by on my way home

firefighterjosh
11-15-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by rescue6
Actually it is thinner at higher altitudes, It may have been A 150 main right now I will just have to run home and tear into it I guess before I go to the shop for parts I was just hoping to be able to stop by on my way home

Duh it is thinner lol. That is why the everest guys always get less oxygen to tehre blood:o

Banshee009
11-16-2006, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by rescue6

hey there

i take it they are stock carbs. runnin 260's here in nebraska, which where i am is around 2000

my guess would be that whatever jet you got in there now, just drop it 10 or 20 and see how it runs, take some other jets with ya and you may have to do some quick tuning up there to git to run like you want it

got one of those mikuni slide chart thingys for what jetting at temp and alt. will check it when i git to the shop

did'cha find out what main you got in there?

later

rescue6
11-16-2006, 05:51 AM
no I havent opened them up yet. I am still at work I work 24 Hour shifts. they are stock carbs on an 03' Like I said the guy I bought it from told me they were like a 250 or 150 mail in it right now I cant remember right this second so I guess I will open them up later this morning. If you could use your little slide thing that would be awsome

Banshee009
11-20-2006, 08:18 PM
well, monday cam enad went, how'd te ridin' go?

i posted the other night and the thing locked up and i lost my post, it was late, had to git up early, went to bed. sorry

let me know if you still need help

later