PDA

View Full Version : Install head unit in chevy truck

waynebeast5
11-15-2006, 04:43 PM
ok well i got the cd player and the plug in harness that u need. my ? is where to u plug in the harness into the factory harness. my truck is a 1992 chevy silverado 1500. any help would be appreciated. pics would be really helpful. thanks

elbine69
11-15-2006, 04:59 PM
It should plug into the plug that went into the factory head unit.

waynebeast5
11-15-2006, 05:21 PM
well the factory radio is sodered in at the radio. and if u follow that bundle of wires in plugs into a plug. now to i take that plug out and plug it into my wiring harness? but then it would be plugged into the truck?

CDALEMX301
11-15-2006, 05:33 PM
Pop the dash apart then take the old radio out follow the wires from the back of the old radio down to that plug...It will unplug and the end should fit into your new wiring harness...

NorCalRacer
11-15-2006, 06:05 PM
If you have the original stereo theire is a master unit buried under the dash by where your legs are, with wires leading to your am/fm display. Undo that and the plug will be long enough to reach. It will probably be two seperate plugs that go into the adapter as one, then the adapter plugs into the radio. You might need an antenna adapter as well. Good luck

gotwarrior
11-15-2006, 06:19 PM
yeah there is to diffferent plugs under the dash that goes into a unit that you don't need. Unplug that and then pull it out and run the wires up to the head unit. I did mine and is stucked.... Have fun and I hope you have small arms..:D :D