PDA

View Full Version : Today - In a bad mood.

orca0294
11-15-2006, 03:39 PM
This morning, I woke up to my mom telling me bad news of my Dad's friends farm house was burned to the ground. We know it was no accidental fire since the electricity was shut off and no one lives there. The house sat on 40 acres in West City, Illinois. Its located near Marion, Illinois and Benton, Illinois. It has been in there family over 100 years and we always went on trips down there since I started riding at age 5 and I'm 15 now. This house does not have insurance either due to it being a vacant lot (insurance companies would not insure it). I always thought about how fun it'd be when we get older to have our own track there. We've built several jumps and a whoop section there. I'm just really pissed off about it since people in this world have nothing better to do with their time but to screw with other peoples property. I know those people wouldn't want to have that done to them. I have not seen the pictures yet but I will have some to share tonight.

Second part:

My dad drives a roll off truck (20/30/40 yard dumpsters) and he was dropping a box off today at a local college (Benedictine University in Lisle, Illinois). As my dad stated he had to cut it wide in the parking lot to get to where the drop had to be dropped. There was a Toyota truck that pulled up as he was doing so and he stopped right in front of my dad and flipped him off yelling, "You stupid truck driver get the fcuk out of the way and get a degree." What is this world coming to? Who would do these jobs if my dad didn't do them? It bugs me pretty damn bad considering my dad has become to highly regret doing what he does for a living and wishes he would have went to college when he was younger. If we had a whole world of stupid kids like him running around jumping upon the first thought that comes to their heads we'd have quite the world; well I wouldn't call it much of a world. I hope that kid made the world better today through his actions and somehow came up with a large plan to make everyone have a degree. Think again kid. I'm glad I was brought up the way I was and have an outlook on my future and how to treat people.

What is with my generation today? Why do these kids come up with no respect and no outlook on life? Does anyone else ever get sick of the kids that have to be known as a badass? What makes these kids think so highly of themselves? What makes these kids go destroy others propertys, is that fun to them? What is wrong with the world today? Do these kids actions help these kids feel better? These people need to take a quick second to think before they take these actions that they do and look for the solution and not making the problem worse. I am not the perfect person nor is anyone but I have the brains enough to know how to solve a problem rather than making it worse or starting it in the first place.

Also, for all the scammers and people steeling stuff out there get out and get a job. How would you like to know something has been stolen from you that you had once put your hard earned money into paying for.

Whoever has read all of this thanks and I'd appreciate it if you'd throw some input in on what I had to say. Lets hear some of your stories of the ignorant future of this country.

coolex
11-15-2006, 03:53 PM
if ur around 16 17 years old im in the same generation as you and i find all these problems consistant in alot of teenages, disrespect, stealing, lying, etc. and no im not saying im perfect but theres a time and a place for everything,

and yes i do have a story a kid was over my house the other day and we were talking about things and he was liek since your dad bought the bottom of the line truck he should buy a new one, like money grows off tress like in his family, my dad installs elevaters and works his *** of for what we get, and yes its not the top off the line truck (dodge 1500 v8 no power windows bought it new ) but i would die to have this truck and he just shoots my father down and trys to make him feel bad, lets just say that kid no longer likes me and doesnt come over nay more

orca0294
11-15-2006, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by coolex
if ur around 16 17 years old im in the same generation as you and i find all these problems consistant in alot of teenages, disrespect, stealing, lying, etc. and no im not saying im perfect but theres a time and a place for everything,

and yes i do have a story a kid was over my house the other day and we were talking about things and he was liek since your dad bought the bottom of the line truck he should buy a new one, like money grows off tress like in his family, my dad installs elevaters and works his *** of for what we get, and yes its not the top off the line truck (dodge 1500 v8 no power windows bought it new ) but i would die to have this truck and he just shoots my father down and trys to make him feel bad, lets just say that kid no longer likes me and doesnt come over nay more
Yes, I am 15 years old. Just wait till that kid goes out into the real world and struggles his asss off just to make it, atleast with an attitude like that.

fastyz85
11-15-2006, 05:24 PM
i myself am in te generation you are talking about. im 14 and can see how stupid and obnoxious some of the other kids are in my grade. i can just remember one day coming home from school on the bus and these group of kids think that they can disrespect and humiliate the new bus driver to the route who was trying to do her best at getting us home. i can just remember thinking how inconsiderate they were for making fun of the person driving you home.if i were her i would have left there arses on the side of the road for saying that. im not saying im perfect either but at least i have a sense of maturity.

orca0294
11-15-2006, 05:55 PM
If anyone lives around there let me know if you hear anything bout this fire. By the way, that was the next morning and shes still smoking down.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?Uc=qgl24v3.3y5n0edv&Uy=ydf4sh&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0&mode=fromshare&conn_speed=1

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/8615/farmhouse2fc1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

tmoney
11-15-2006, 07:07 PM
Yeah you gotta love those *******s, I am up to my eyeballs with them at my school, but you have to look over them, they can't live off their mommy and daddy's allowance forever, they will wake up when they get a job

firefighterjosh
11-15-2006, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by orca0294
If anyone lives around there let me know if you hear anything bout this fire. By the way, that was the next morning and shes still smoking down.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?Uc=qgl24v3.3y5n0edv&Uy=ydf4sh&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0&mode=fromshare&conn_speed=1

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/8615/farmhouse2fc1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

DAMN..you wern't kidding when you said burned to the ground:scary:

flattrack440ex
11-15-2006, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by orca0294
What is with my generation today? Why do these kids come up with no respect and no outlook on life? Does anyone else ever get sick of the kids that have to be known as a badass? What makes these kids think so highly of themselves? What makes these kids go destroy others propertys, is that fun to them? What is wrong with the world today? Do these kids actions help these kids feel better? These people need to take a quick second to think before they take these actions that they do and look for the solution and not making the problem worse. I am not the perfect person nor is anyone but I have the brains enough to know how to solve a problem rather than making it worse or starting it in the first place.

i know what you mean man. i have kids all the time break into the machines we own break everything smash windows and things like that. they have broken into my house upstate which is a 150 year old farm house and have stolen countless things. also they set a fire in the basement and we go luck with this one. only a few of the main beams were charcoled it never caught thank god. they have no respect for anything but think they deserve everything in the world. i think its because the parents now a days just give the kids everything and dont make them work for things. its retarted they think they own everything and when you go to kick them off of your property they give you an attitude for doing so. by all means am i not perfect but i hate being 18 years old and everybody thinking that we are all the same. unlike most kids today i am responsible and i do respect others.

orca0294
11-15-2006, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by flattrack440ex
i know what you mean man. i have kids all the time break into the machines we own break everything smash windows and things like that. they have broken into my house upstate which is a 150 year old farm house and have stolen countless things. also they set a fire in the basement and we go luck with this one. only a few of the main beams were charcoled it never caught thank god. they have no respect for anything but think they deserve everything in the world. i think its because the parents now a days just give the kids everything and dont make them work for things. its retarted they think they own everything and when you go to kick them off of your property they give you an attitude for doing so. by all means am i not perfect but i hate being 18 years old and everybody thinking that we are all the same. unlike most kids today i am responsible and i do respect others.

I completely agree with you. Well put.

northwest Texas
11-15-2006, 08:40 PM
Arsonists are pretty low in my book. As for you guys' generation, I don't think it's quite as bad as I remember being 17 (hasn't been that long ago) and I'm embarassed by many of the things I did.

Being a dad now I can understand where some of the parents problems stem from. I want more for my kids as most parents do and I think we're guilty of giving them too much. But not only that is many don't take the time to spend the time with the kids and they learn by example, of which they don't see. Respect for others is probably the thing, I and most others, don't see. Much of that is maturity but it's also taught, or not taught is the case.

Your dad sounds like a proud man. There's nothing wrong with not going to college. College does not necessarily guarantee success. I tried it, couldn't hack it, not for intelligience, but I still don't know what I would major in if I went back and I'm 33 years old.