PDA

View Full Version : esr porting

redwing310r
11-15-2006, 02:45 PM
whats all the huff about esr porting..im thinking of getting a 350 non pv kit fot my r which already has a 310 [ct] ive seen complaints posted .... just wondering

darren250r
11-15-2006, 04:14 PM
In my experience its just kinda sloppy and not very precise. There is something to be desired, but it should still be fine straight from esr. I cleaned mine up considerably with my dremel, but I couldn't reach in to the transfer ports as far as I would have liked.

Darren

deathman53
11-15-2006, 04:18 PM
I think their porting is horrible, its pretty sad when a 295 makes more power than a 330 does. Same reeds, pipe, carb, ignition. I was able to ride a esr330 on a atc250r with ease with the stock swinger, I rode it once after I put on a lrd 310pv(really 295) and it wheelied out of control and was nearlyimpossible to ride, a extended swinger(+1) was ordered and its still a handfull to ride, but its at the fine line of wheelie control vs mx turning ability. Not leaning all the way over the front of the bike giving it full throttle still tries to throw you off it, but with the stock swinger is was completely unridable.
Also looking at the cylinder, both of the sides are ported differently and neither side is ported good. I would say far away from them, go with lrd or sparks for best performance, one warning, the price will be quite a bit more than esr, but you pay for what you get.

iamjasyn
11-15-2006, 04:47 PM
I let their idiot, do a bore job on mine and they:
lost my contact info and specifications
put their choice of piston in anyway
Didn't bore the hole big enough to take out wear flaws
relieved the exhaust bridge in a wavy, up-down pattern as opposed to a semi circle (they probably didn't think I had a bore gauge)
Left uneven chamfering on transfer ports
Didn't even chamfer the left exhaust port - at all!

That was the last time I will send them anything that requires real work to be done... it's sad when a company like ESR can't even do a bore job with any quality.

Aceman
11-15-2006, 04:54 PM
^^Wow.:rolleyes: ESR will definitely not be doing any porting for me in the future!

400EX QUADER
11-15-2006, 05:04 PM
hmmm... I have a esr 310 powervalve engine and I have a 86-87 length +6 swingarm and I ride in the sand which means less traction and it wheelies like none other. Even with my 230lb butt on it. I spank alot of banshees and especially the 450's.

deathman53
11-15-2006, 05:39 PM
maybe you got one of their good port jobs, their work is too cookie cutter, I have spoke to others who were very unhappy about the port jobs and one friend sent his out to c-liegh to re-do it and was amazed at how much better he made it, it was like a whole new cylinder and about twice as much power than before.

400EX QUADER
11-15-2006, 06:00 PM
Yeah I dunno... Runs super good though.