PDA

View Full Version : 3000gt vr4 problem....

440bigborekit
11-15-2006, 02:27 PM
ok im looking a a black 3000gt vr4 for 3000 which is cheap for one of these he said it came with a 5 speed which is rare and he didnt like it so he got a 6 speed tranny that they usualy come with and he swapped the trannys since he swapped the trannys the car wont start it ran nice before the tranny swap and the motor is in mint cond. he said it just wont start what do you guys think the problem is becuase if its easy ima scoop this car up quick.

Stevie-D
11-15-2006, 02:33 PM
probly electrical. if it will not turn over, there is a switch that will only allow it to start with the clutch engaged. possibly not hooked up?

i had all kinds of issues with my truck when i swapped the motor in it. ended up being some electrical and vacuum issues.

i'd say go for it. can't be too hard to fix:p

Pipeless416
11-15-2006, 02:50 PM
my guess is something isnt letting the computer know that the clutch is disengaged. if you can grab that car id say go for it! my girlfriends dad bought her mom a vr4 for a birthday present and its an amazing car, especially in the snow with the awd :cool:

400exrider707
11-15-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by 440bigborekit
ok im looking a a black 3000gt vr4 for 3000 which is cheap for one of these he said it came with a 5 speed which is rare and he didnt like it so he got a 6 speed tranny that they usualy come with and he swapped the trannys since he swapped the trannys the car wont start it ran nice before the tranny swap and the motor is in mint cond. he said it just wont start what do you guys think the problem is becuase if its easy ima scoop this car up quick.

Who cares? Buy it and bring it to a dealer and let them fix it. Even if you have to drop another $2000 at the dealer its still way worth it in the end.

440bigborekit
11-15-2006, 06:11 PM
went and looked at it tonight , the car looks nice but what a hack this kid had no clue what he was doing and he forgot to tell me on the phone hat the harness was fried and the motor is on its way out its a total peice it would be a total nightmare ot fix it im just going ot wait for a nice one my uncle said hell sell me his for 6 grand and its a 1995 and mint im his fav neffew lol i think im gonna just save up more.

DieselBoy
11-15-2006, 08:08 PM
You probably did the right thing and saved yourself a world of headache. Not to mention the cost to repair it should it be costly & serious.