PDA

View Full Version : Bong Hit using T-4

400exNH
09-11-2002, 08:54 PM
Just got my powerbomb(g) delivered. Couple of questions before I install tomorrow. Do I need to replace the two header gaskets? Also for those of you who have the T-4 - Did you just slip that puppy onto the header, or did you use some sort of gasket sealer. Thanks again you guys rock

kj400
09-11-2002, 10:33 PM
i have that set up and it runs pretty good, i did put in new gaskets at the motor but i also had it ported so i had to i would replace them just to be on the safe side but not sure that you have to, new ones run about 5 bucks. as for the t4 it does have a gasket in it, it does leak a little until it warms up but doesnt hurt anything.

good luck

oynot400
09-12-2002, 08:25 AM
Yes replace the 2 exhaust manifold gaskets. ;) I notice with mine that the oring will wear out. I just ordered a muffler gasket for the stock pipe to see if that will help.
You will like this set up, good power and good sound. Not too loud, the PB makes it a little quiter.
Good Luck. :D

timewass
09-12-2002, 01:08 PM
I would replace the gaskets (can't hurt) and on my T4 I put a bit of silver anti-seize. Mine also seems to leak a little bit when cold, but it's completely sealed when warm.

ratmotor99
09-12-2002, 08:26 PM
yes on the anti seize, not alot !! just to make sure it will come apart later on... do as much work to stuff now it will save you later down the road..

Rat