PDA

View Full Version : LSR outlaw HELP!

h450rider
11-15-2006, 05:54 AM
Hello I have a LSR swingarm with outlaw linkage for the TRX450R and I have a lot of problems.
I have broken the screw of the linkage several times. I want to know if you can give me a solution to me because I spend much money and I feel frustrated.
I ride in a dune place with a lot of whoops and the shock touches down when I enter into the whoops and that is what causes that the screw is broken I imagine.
I broke the screw that takes hold swingarm with linkage.(of a solution of this I do a linkage guard but then I broke another screw of the linkage).
I can t find a solution.
Please help me.
Thanks
Lucas Martinez, from Argentina.

fandl450r
11-15-2006, 07:36 AM
Something doesn't seem right. Especially with you breaking as many bolts as you are. Either the grade of the bolt (the hardness) isn't correct, or possibly a shock could be set up incorrect, or even the wrong shock for the swingarm. Have you tried emailing Lonestar about the dilemma?

bwamos
11-15-2006, 09:16 AM
Just to ask the obvious, and I don't know if it's even possible.. but is it possible that you could have put the linkage on backwards? Front to back, back to front. If so that would all kinds of jack up geometry and the leverage ratios, and could easily shear off bolts.

Also make sure you're using a high strength bolt, and not some cheap hardware store bolt.

h450rider
11-15-2006, 11:30 AM
the linkage is in the correct place and the bolt is the same that Lonestar send me with the linkage.

h450rider
11-16-2006, 02:32 PM
this is the linkage

400exrider707
11-16-2006, 03:27 PM
Something doesn't look right. The shock looks like it is sitting too far back in the linkage. The shock should be more centered in that linkage.:confused:

gui96
11-16-2006, 04:23 PM
one of my friend have a walsh savior (very similar to lsr) and elka never made a good supension for this set up, maybe the suspension its your problems

400exBro
11-17-2006, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by gui96
one of my friend have a walsh savior (very similar to lsr) and elka never made a good supension for this set up, maybe the suspension its your problems

I also run the walsh and elka cannot get the shock right for this setup!!!!

Another problem with these linkages like walsh and lsr is that they are very close to the ground, and will dig into the ground a lot.
My bolts for the bottom have started to round on the head and the nut due to it driving into the ground all the time. It is highly recommended to use high grade bolts to prevent them from breaking off, as you have found out.

MD450r
11-18-2006, 03:59 PM
To make sure that the linkage is not binding on its self or the swing arm, assemble the linkage and the swing arm. Keep the atv on a stand and move the swing arm through its travel and make sure nothing is binding. If you find no problems then remove the springs from the shock and install the shock into the rear end and again make sure there are no parts binding when the swing arm is moved through its travel.

Are you making sure the bolt is tightening up. If there are any loose bolts the stress will be put on the bolt instead of the bearing pins.

Are all of the bearings pivoting freely and not binding. Are all of the bearings and pins free of excess play.

All of the bolts in my walsh linkage are 1/2 inch bolts. I have hit some rocks pretty hard as well as bottoming out off of jumps and have never broken any bolts off.

These are some things that I could think of that you could check out and see if they are your problems.

Aaron