PDA

View Full Version : They must think Im a FOOL!

QuadJunkies
11-14-2006, 11:55 PM
I have our Blaster up for sale and this is the email I got..
Quote~
Hi ,
I hereby to inform you that.
Am interesting in purchasing you item posted on advert.Are you the owner of it?What condition is it?What is your last price? Did you have picture of it to scan for me?Did your intension to sell it for me?It's my pleasure in doing business with you in future.

Get back to me asap.

Cheers,

donnel jones

i want you to get back to me,

MY response...
tina lugan <tntkuna@msn.com> wrote:
I have a few pictures of it . Where are you located at? My price is firm 2800.00. I knocked additional 200.00 off what I was asking initially. They run about 3500.00 new and that’s before Dealer and Doc. fees.

His repsonse...
Hello i realy appreciate your response to my earlier mail.like i said i will like to buy this item so pls do withdraw the advert from website . I will also like you to know that i will be paying via check,it will be in excess funds once the check has clear,you are going to deduct your asking price and send the rest of the money to the shipping agent via (Western Union Money Transfer) so that they book me with the next available airflight down to my destination.
.I will need your to provide me with the following information to facilitate the mailing of the check.
1.Your full name

2.Your mailing address be it residential or postal address
3.Your phonenumber.
This are the information which am going to forward to my client and so that he can issue the check asap.

1st of all..../ I smell a Foreign transaction being formed here from his 1st email.....

Second is the EXCESS funds..... SCAM!
Im turning the dirtbag in for what its worth

If you are a seller and you get an email like this... DONT FALL FOR IT! My goodfreind got taken on a scam like this and not only lost his moeny but the bike as well and still had to pay of the loan for a bike he lost!

derekhonda
11-15-2006, 12:40 AM
I would tell him to go ahead and send the "check"

Might make it easier for the authorities to do something with.

Good eye though qj, that is one of the oldest scams in the book though.

QuadJunkies
11-15-2006, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by derekhonda

Good eye though qj, that is one of the oldest scams in the book though. And it must still be a good one since so many fall victim to it :(

LOL! I should let him send me the money :D

derekhonda
11-15-2006, 12:49 AM
I seriously would get him to spend as much money as you can. Tell him you are going to need $50 in cash (along with the check) because you live so far out in the country thats how much gas money it will cost to drive it into town to the shipping place.

QuadJunkies
11-15-2006, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by derekhonda
I seriously would get him to spend as much money as you can. Tell him you are going to need $50 in cash (along with the check) because you live so far out in the country thats how much gas money it will cost to drive it into town to the shipping place.

LMAO! :p

Dupontster
11-15-2006, 04:22 AM
If you decide to take his offer...When you get his money....I have a nice 3 acre lot in Arizona that is oceanfront that I'd like to sell you....Please send me the money and I'll let you know where the lot is...Just PM me for an address....:D

QuadJunkies
11-15-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Dupontster
If you decide to take his offer...When you get his money....I have a nice 3 acre lot in Arizona that is oceanfront that I'd like to sell you....Please send me the money and I'll let you know where the lot is...Just PM me for an address....:D :p

Could you send me cash for a plane ticket? Id like to see that Ocean in Arizona first :D

Dupontster
11-15-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
:p

Could you send me cash for a plane ticket? Id like to see that Ocean in Arizona first :D

Not the Atlantic or Pacific....It is a new one they just found...That's why I can give you such a deal....It's called Central Ocean....:D

QuadJunkies
11-15-2006, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Dupontster
Not the Atlantic or Pacific....It is a new one they just found...That's why I can give you such a deal....It's called Central Ocean....:D
LOL!:p

11-15-2006, 01:05 PM
the same thing happened to my brother when he was selling his truck...he wanted like 10,000 for it and the guy was like ill send you a check through western union for 15,000 and then you can send the excess funds back...but luckily my brother was out of state and the check wouldnt go through which saved him from getting scammed...i think the guy wanted the truck shipped to russia

wills 77

wishmasstir
11-15-2006, 01:14 PM
i just had the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago whenever i was selling that quadracer. he wanted to send me so much more money than i wanted and he was sending his shipping agency to pick up my quad. he wouldnt give me a phone number or any contact information for me to contact him again. it went back and forth a few times...scams are for hippies

Kaleigh
11-15-2006, 01:54 PM
how do these scams work it they are sending you money first.. doesnt that mean you already have the money?? I havent heard of this scam yet..

parkers30
11-15-2006, 02:37 PM
yep, they send you a bad check, ask you to immediately wire the extra money to them, and then ship the vehicle all before the check bounces

so you are out of vehicle and the money you wired
:grr:

QuadJunkies
11-15-2006, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by parkers30
yep, they send you a bad check, ask you to immediately wire the extra money to them, and then ship the vehicle all before the check bounces

so you are out of vehicle and the money you wired
:grr:

NacsMXer
11-16-2006, 02:46 PM
The sketchy grammar and spelling is a dead giveaway everytime, I didn't need to read any further than that. When are these retards going to learn that this is getting real OLD real fast :grr:

Get em QJ :p

mrnate400ex
11-16-2006, 06:53 PM
I have had many "distant relatives" die in africa that they couldn't find any other surviving members of his immediate family so i was the only person that could claim the multi million dollar estate he left. all i had to do was send him my account number to wire the funds to my account!!!! hahahahaha yeah right!!!!!!!

2004exrider
11-16-2006, 07:43 PM
By the looks of the spelling im gonna have to say blue450yo/slow is getting into the scamming business lol:eek2:

Jimmy