PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal

the*ovenman
11-14-2006, 09:26 PM
So I just bought an 06 YFZ 450, and I was out riding it up and down my street for 30 minutes or so and the exhaust pipe was glowing, is that normal? It was red hot! I called the dealer where I bought it from and they said its normal. What do you guys think? Any help would be great.
Thanks
Jeff

parkers30
11-14-2006, 09:29 PM
yes it is normal, but you should check your jetting, they seem to come lean from the factory

the*ovenman
11-14-2006, 09:36 PM
Ok thanks I dont know alot about that jetting stuff. What exactly do I check and how do I check it. Is it a trial and error process or is a staight forward thing.

Ride1Rob
11-15-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by the*ovenman
Ok thanks I dont know alot about that jetting stuff. What exactly do I check and how do I check it. Is it a trial and error process or is a staight forward thing.

Ummm, you'd better just leave it alone. The bike is fine as long as it's not popping, sputtering, and blowing flames out of the tail pipe. I haven't seen one yet that the header doesn't glow on after it gets dark.

Mobile Dyno
11-15-2006, 11:46 AM
It should only be glowing up to 3-4" once it comes out of the head. If it is glowing around the U, then you need to look and changing jetting. When does it glow Day or Night? Does it pop on decel bad or shoot a flame?

I am working on a 07' that isn't a month old and was glowing in the daytime. You could see it in the day light, it was so hot. His dealer told him it was fine. Dealers Do not know anything about jetting!!!!! Trust me. This did it to him with the stock exhaust and with his Yosh that he had the dealer put on. I found a leaking exhaust gasket and also may have found an inperfection in the head. That would suck. Just to let you know of somethings that could be happening.

the*ovenman
11-15-2006, 12:51 PM
You know I did notice some popping on Decel. Does that mean I need to change the jets? I posted in another thread that I am going to be riding mainly in the dunes and I woudl like some info on what Pipe to get and what jets to get.