PDA

View Full Version : Only 1 cylinder

fast raptor
11-14-2006, 08:27 PM
I got a problem with my right cylinder. The left cylinder is fine, runs like a champ, but the right cylinder wont run at all, it has a bright spark, and is geting plenty of fuel, also i changed the reeds and the cage to start trouble shooting, but it's a no go. it started when i was out on a ride then all of a sudden it started to bog and the right cylinder wasn't running very good, so i changed the plug and it didn't make a difference, it had plenty of compression but i took the head off anyway to check it out, everything look realy good so i put it back together and it still ran like ****, please help, i realy wanna go riding!

banshee84
11-14-2006, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by fast raptor
I got a problem with my right cylinder. The left cylinder is fine, runs like a champ, but the right cylinder wont run at all, it has a bright spark, and is geting plenty of fuel, also i changed the reeds and the cage to start trouble shooting, but it's a no go. it started when i was out on a ride then all of a sudden it started to bog and the right cylinder wasn't running very good, so i changed the plug and it didn't make a difference, it had plenty of compression but i took the head off anyway to check it out, everything look realy good so i put it back together and it still ran like ****, please help, i realy wanna go riding!

Maybe the parking brake? I know they only run on one cylinder when the parking brake is engaged. Sometimes it can be the simpliest thing :confused:

Banshee009
11-15-2006, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by banshee84
Maybe the parking brake? I know they only run on one cylinder when the parking brake is engaged. Sometimes it can be the simpliest thing :confused:

have you checked that side carbuator? something could of run through it and plugged the main.

does it idle?

fast raptor
11-15-2006, 08:16 AM
it idles, but only with 1 cylinder running, i have taken the carbs apart and they leek good and clean and there is nothing blocking any jets, i amso took the parking break off a long time ago, and if the parking break was screwed then there would be no spark. i am realy stuck on this one.

eastexasbanshee
11-15-2006, 12:52 PM
run a compression check on it, and/or a leak down test.

fast raptor
11-15-2006, 04:32 PM
there is lots of compression, i even took the head off to see how things look and they look great

project_tecate
11-15-2006, 07:38 PM
Pull the right side carb, clean it out real good, pull all the jets and everything and really make sure there is no debris in there or anything.

If that doesnt work, have you tried switching your plug caps to see if it persists. I know you say you have a healthy spark on that side but if the coil is going as soon as you go under a little bit of load it will break up and misfire on the bad cap if thats the case.

Also do you still have the TORS, P-Brake swtich still connected? If so disconnect all that crap, just more problems to deal with. Everything will unplug.

firefighterjosh
11-15-2006, 07:40 PM
Take you reeds off so you can see into the cyclinder. Look at the piston. If you quad is blown up you will see dark streaks down the side of the piston.

My friends would back fire out of one cylinder and this is what was wrong.

fast raptor
11-15-2006, 07:42 PM
i took the carb off cleaned it, runs alot better, it idles a bit rough, but as soon as i touch the trottle it runs fine, thanks for you help guys.

firefighterjosh
11-15-2006, 07:43 PM
i took the carb off cleaned it, runs alot better, it idles a bit rough, but as soon as i touch the trottle it runs fine, thanks for you help guys.

Sounds like the pilot is still clogged

fast raptor
11-15-2006, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
Sounds like the pilot is still clogged

when i took it apart i look realy closely at the pilot jet and made sure it was not cloged, i even stuck a small wire threw the hole

firefighterjosh
11-15-2006, 07:52 PM
when i took it apart i look realy closely at the pilot jet and made sure it was not cloged, i even stuck a small wire threw the hole

not sure then lol. Maybe a jetting issue or idle adjustment. Have you removed the TORS system?

fast raptor
11-15-2006, 07:54 PM
i removed the tors a long time ago

Banshee009
11-16-2006, 05:43 AM
there is lots of compression, i even took the head off to see how things look and they look great

how did'cha check the comp? you need a compression gauge setup to check it right. make sure that both cyl are within 10 psi

you can git one at craftsman for like 20 bucks

still sounds like there's something going on with that carb

just thought of this, is there a cracked reed or something?

check those things and let us know what ya find

good luck

later

fast raptor
11-16-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Banshee009

just thought of this, is there a cracked reed or something?

check those things and let us know what ya find

good luck

later

in my very first post i stated that i changed the reeds and the reed cage to make sure there was nothing wrong with it.

project_tecate
11-16-2006, 06:45 PM
make sure your carbs are sync'd

cutlass supreme
12-24-2006, 03:57 PM
i took my bike out today and it started up just fine. about a minute into warming it up it started like spitting out the left pipe. the spitting quickly turned into very loud backfires and the bike stalled out. now it starts and runs like **** only on the right cyl. the left one is dead. what can cause this and how do you fix it? also i took the caps off the pipes and there soaked with oil inside. is this normal?

250r4life
12-24-2006, 11:36 PM
sounds like you burned up a piston to me...

fast raptor
12-25-2006, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by cutlass supreme
i took my bike out today and it started up just fine. about a minute into warming it up it started like spitting out the left pipe. the spitting quickly turned into very loud backfires and the bike stalled out. now it starts and runs like **** only on the right cyl. the left one is dead. what can cause this and how do you fix it? also i took the caps off the pipes and there soaked with oil inside. is this normal?

First put your finger over the hole and kick it over and if your finger blows off you got enough compression to run, when my quad was running like that it was the reeds had a big gap the first time, the second time it was in the carbs.

12-30-2006, 09:07 AM
wow :D :D

bansheerider98
02-11-2007, 07:20 PM
i had the same problems, i found out i hadded a little clog in the feul line to one side of my carbs ans i blew the piston from not getting enought mixed feul and not being lubed, i bought ne carbs with my new piston :D just because i could get away with it, hope this might help. it may be too late with your feul line tho id check you piston to see if its ****ed up and also invest into a 2 buck inline feul filter...

just from my expeiriences.