PDA

View Full Version : Tire Pressure

YELLOW RR
11-14-2006, 07:28 PM
For track riding what pressure do you run in your STOCK tires. I saw on another site that people are running high pressure, is there a pressure diff. between stock and aftermarket tires?? thanks.

firefighterjosh
11-14-2006, 07:38 PM
I have been playing around with tire pressure lately and this is what I am too.

7 - 8 lbs for XC racing in my Razrs

8 - 12 lbs on MX track.

Manufactuers say run 3 - 5 PSI but you can get better handling out of you quad with higher pressures. PRevent so much side wall flex/tire to roll.

Hope this helped

4TraxRider
11-14-2006, 08:40 PM
I ran 6 in my stock rears and 7 up front for the two races I did with stock tires until i switched to hipers and Razr mx's.

toomeyshee87
11-14-2006, 08:52 PM
I run 10 psi in the rear and 12 psi in the front. All are holeshot mxr6's.

If you run to low of pressure (mostly in mx or freestyle) your tires will give to much and you will put flat spots in your rims when you land off jumps.

YELLOW RR
11-15-2006, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the help guys, i run recomended pressures(06 yfz450) and when i am going into a turn on the track i can feel the front pushing. So if i run higher pressure in the front than the rear i should get rid of the push feeling? So why does yamaha recomend such a low pressure?

firefighterjosh
11-15-2006, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by YELLOW RR
Thanks for the help guys, i run recomended pressures(06 yfz450) and when i am going into a turn on the track i can feel the front pushing. So if i run higher pressure in the front than the rear i should get rid of the push feeling? So why does yamaha recomend such a low pressure?

Alot of it may just be ther tire pattern is why it pushes so bad. Upping the pressure will help. I belive the reason it is 3 - 5 psi is cuz that is all the tire is designed for and if they told you 10 PSI and it were to blow out then they are reliable.

korniev
02-02-2007, 04:52 AM
I believe they tell you 5 psi because with this pressure the tire lasts the least so you change your tires more often! Marketing yo!!!!

jubileeatv
02-10-2007, 08:54 AM
8-9 rear and 6 front covers all around riding:devil: