PDA

View Full Version : Baja 500 Info needed!

SwainRacing
11-14-2006, 06:28 PM
Ok guys, me and my sponsor want to come out the the Baja 500 next year (2007) to scope out the race. Where do you guys stay? My goal is going to try to run the race myself within the next few years. We want to get all the info we need to make the trip out to race. Is the 500 a point to point race or is a big loop race? How far do you go between pit stops? We have a IMS over sized tank 3.8 gallons. Does your pit crew have to move between pit stops or do you have multipull crews out there? Any team out there need some help for the 2007 race? We should be able to help you if you need help, it will also give us some idea of what we need to compete. I think I saw on their web page there are pit services out there you can pay for? Are these any good? Also do you take your gas there or do you have to buy it from the race? Do you need lights? I would guess you might if you are not running fast or break down.

Thanks for any info you can give me!

parkers30
11-14-2006, 07:12 PM
This Lady's website helped me understand a little more of what is involved:

http://www.mccrearyracing.com/

she has some very good stories

greenman
11-17-2006, 03:01 PM
its a loop ensanada back to ensanada they have some nice hotels check scores web site for numbers, if you want to stay at a nice camp site estero beach is nice place. pit stops are based off your fuel mileage are the access of the pit that your chase crew can get to if your bike will only go 50 miles then u need need a fuel stop before are can pack gas somewhere on the bike like almost every baja quad racer has done at least once .multipull crews is must .a spare quad is nice to have for a parts bike,at least one front and rear tire at every pit stop. all top teams pre run the racecorse

SwainRacing
11-17-2006, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the info!

rob-u/21
11-20-2006, 02:22 PM
Is the 500 a point to point race or is a big loop race?

The baja 500 is always a loop race in early june, around 450 miles.

How far do you go between pit stops? We have a IMS over sized tank 3.8 gallons.

Depends on how many cars/chasers you have. If you want to do a pit at every road crossing you will be between 35 miles and 80 miles. You should be fine with doing your pits at road crossing.

Does your pit crew have to move between pit stops or do you have multipull crews out there?

For a baja 500 you need atleast 2 chase trucks.

I think I saw on their web page there are pit services out there you can pay for? Are these any good?

Yes, there is people that will pit for you at races. MAG 7 is one of them and Baja Pits is the other. They usually have a pit every 50 to 60 miles. They will give you gas, water, food, and will also change tires for you if you give them your tires. This is a good thing for you. Mag 7 is a little more $$$ than Baja Pits but they are both as good as each other. I would recomend MAG 7, they seem a little more organized. http://www.mag7race.com , http://www.bajapits.com

Do you need lights?

You might want to take some lights that mount on your bars, or something like trailtech makes as a back up in case you are running behind

Let me know if you have any more questions. I have been racing baja for a few years now and have lots of experience down there.

SwainRacing
11-20-2006, 05:23 PM
Rob thanks for the info!

SwainRacing
11-30-2006, 03:49 PM
rob-u/21

I have a lot of questions. Can you PM or email me your phone number, so I can talk to you? It looks like we are getting a 2 man team together to run the 2007 Baja 500. We got some backing, now and need to start moving forward so we can get stuff ready. Thank you for your time and help!