PDA

View Full Version : Ski Shee!

fast raptor
11-14-2006, 01:49 PM
I got bored the other night so i put some old snomobile ski's geting it ready for winter! tell me what you think?

beerfarm
11-14-2006, 02:59 PM
Ya know, back in the day (Late 80's, early 90's) I remember seeing some pics in an ATV magazine that had a company that made a snow-tracks conversion for the Banshee. Judging be the tests, it was pretty impressive! But, I can't find a thing about it anywhere on the internet so I cant get my buddies to believe me!:blah: I think it would be pretty cool to snowmobile on a Shee, until ya get the motor packed with snow... and the throttle starts sticking on ya (yea, that happend to me:ermm: ) I cant remember what magazine I was looking at at my best friends shop the other night, (penthouse :D ) but it had some conversion kits and test results for snow-track conversions for the new bikes!! Could be fun!? :eek2:

Jon

project_tecate
11-14-2006, 05:52 PM
pretty wild, but have fun trying to turn that biatch around or pulling it backwards out of a snow drift:D

firefighterjosh
11-14-2006, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by beerfarm
Ya know, back in the day (Late 80's, early 90's) I remember seeing some pics in an ATV magazine that had a company that made a snow-tracks conversion for the Banshee. Judging be the tests, it was pretty impressive! But, I can't find a thing about it anywhere on the internet so I cant get my buddies to believe me!:blah: I think it would be pretty cool to snowmobile on a Shee, until ya get the motor packed with snow... and the throttle starts sticking on ya (yea, that happend to me:ermm: ) I cant remember what magazine I was looking at at my best friends shop the other night, (penthouse :D ) but it had some conversion kits and test results for snow-track conversions for the new bikes!! Could be fun!? :eek2:

Jon

Dirt Wheels Mag

lite foot (http://www.litefootatv.com/html/news_events.htm)

JoE4554
12-18-2006, 08:32 PM
it looks really good....you probaly dont want to hear this but all i gotta say is ride wisely because your tires are always spinning and theres practicly nuttin to your front end...youll jus be sliding everywhere....stay safe

DMCBanshee
12-21-2006, 07:03 AM
Pretty nice man! Do you have better pictures? I want to build one :D

welpracing
12-21-2006, 07:40 AM
well I have an old blaster frame some friends and I have thought of doing this to it. any idea on how much it would cost to get an old set of sled front or do you think i should just make my own.

brandon

fast raptor
12-21-2006, 09:53 PM
a buddy gave me the skis from his phazer cuz he got new ones, and i just fabbed up my own bracket, but i need to make the bracket a bit stronger.

brokenmike
01-03-2007, 11:15 AM
this is what i did to my 400ex

brokenmike
01-03-2007, 11:19 AM
I took the hubs off and i made some mounts.the skis are off of a 76 artic cat lynx, they were the only ones i had so i made them work. you can steer better thn if you use tires but you still cant steer on ice

450rJam
01-08-2007, 03:59 PM
I dont know if you should jump it very high, it looks like wood deck spindles bolted to the wheel studs ?

if you pull the front end up will the ski tips dig in at landing ?
take a video of it if you take it out, that would be worth checking out